Heating problem

Kuschelj

TDI
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI 2.0
I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 VW Passat 2.0 TDI I have only had it a month and ha half and it's been one thing after another it only has 98k on it I don't get it. Now I'm from Minnesota so it's cold like really cold and I can't get heat where I need it if my defrost is on I'm getting blasted by cold air on my feet I turn the floor and defrost on I get cold air in the defrost and passenger floor if I turn recycling well that don't help my windows fog up. I back flushed out my heater code back and forth there was absolutely no problem there everything seem to flow just fine nothing came out. And only reason I did that was I have noticed there like the number one problem with the car. And only thing I can think of is the blendoor actuator but now I have three of them I don't hear any noises I just I don't get it I'm not blowing form out of my vents it worked fine when I got the car and then I'm tempted money even just bring it back for what I'm paying for this car I should not be having all these problems. Hell I had a 1997 Prix I had for 8 yrs I had far less problems with in the 8 yrs I had it then I have with this car in less then 2 mo I haven't even made my first actual payment on the dam thing yet. Any actual way to figure out what is going on with my heat like what actuator it is if that is the problem I do know it's not the recycle one because I can actually hear that one flip and when I turn my dials to adjust where I want it it goes it's just cold in some spots like I said defrost I got cold air on the floor if I do the vents and the floor I got cold air on the passenger side just a nightmare

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Get the car scanned for trouble codes, many times the answer or a hint is there.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 VW Passat 2.0 TDI I have only had it a month and ha half and it's been one thing after another it only has 98k on it I don't get it. Now I'm from Minnesota so it's cold like really cold and I can't get heat where I need it if my defrost is on I'm getting blasted by cold air on my feet I turn the floor and defrost on I get cold air in the defrost and passenger floor if I turn recycling well that don't help my windows fog up. I back flushed out my heater code back and forth there was absolutely no problem there everything seem to flow just fine nothing came out. And only reason I did that was I have noticed there like the number one problem with the car. And only thing I can think of is the blendoor actuator but now I have three of them I don't hear any noises I just I don't get it I'm not blowing form out of my vents it worked fine when I got the car and then I'm tempted money even just bring it back for what I'm paying for this car I should not be having all these problems. Hell I had a 1997 Prix I had for 8 yrs I had far less problems with in the 8 yrs I had it then I have with this car in less then 2 mo I haven't even made my first actual payment on the dam thing yet. Any actual way to figure out what is going on with my heat like what actuator it is if that is the problem I do know it's not the recycle one because I can actually hear that one flip and when I turn my dials to adjust where I want it it goes it's just cold in some spots like I said defrost I got cold air on the floor if I do the vents and the floor I got cold air on the passenger side just a nightmare
Where abouts you live? Cities or the range? If your close I'll read codes for you. I'm up on the range. Hibbing area.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
These cars will not warm up ideling. You have to be undder power. And only use max when it's hot. I deal with frozen feet also. It's where the air is directed. It takes me a good 20 miles to get some heat and about 40 for okay heat. It's a diesel, not a gasser.
Can always add a small 12v heater to blow on feet. It's worse for me because I don't have heat from the EGR cooler.

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
Start with the basics: With the engine up to full operating temperature are you able to get HOT air out of any of the outlets - defrost, feet, main cabin?

Is the hot air coming out both passenger side and drivers side at the same temperature?

Is your cabin air filter securely in place (above passenger footwell)?
If you are getting no heat at all on any footwell under any scenario, you likely have a blend door actuator problem.