Heated seats Recaro cloth/VW sport seats

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk4 1.9L 4motion 115hp AJM
So I managed to get my hands on a pair of GTI Recaro cloths, after having spent the whole day cleaning them and the car and gone for a drive the heating in the drivers side seat doesn't work, which kind of makes me believe there might be something wrong with the wiring and not the seats? Since the seat I replaced it with didn't work either in terms of the heating prospect.

Therefore, do you guys know how I would proceed with this? I have a fluke I can measure everything with, and I checked fuse Nr.44 and it isn't burned out. And is there only a positive lead, negative going through the whole heating element? if so which colours are they?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
If this is on a MK4 generation, I believe the dash switch is a semi-common fail item. Swap with a known good one... note you are unable to swap left and right switches, different plugs.

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
If this is on a MK4 generation, I believe the dash switch is a semi-common fail item. Swap with a known good one... note you are unable to swap left and right switches, different plugs.
I see, easy way to measure that? im guessing there is power going into the switch through 2 wires and output from the switch 2 wires, guessing measuring resistance is easiest if it's letting power through the 5 levels?

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Hi

While you have the factory seat out , would it be possible if you could weigh how heavy that is?

Reason I ask is because I have a seat I'm thinking of replacing the factory seat with if it saves a reasonable amount of weight.

Thanks advance if you could do that for me

Andrew

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi

While you have the factory seat out , would it be possible if you could weigh how heavy that is?

Reason I ask is because I have a seat I'm thinking of replacing the factory seat with if it saves a reasonable amount of weight.

Thanks advance if you could do that for me

Andrew
Hey yeah sorry for late response, ill see if i can weigh it on the scale i use for myself.