heated/leather seats

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
Hi,
I am looking to buy a TDI and would like to get one with leather heated seats. But I am also wondering if I can only get one with cloth and without the heating, how much it would be to have it done?
Thanks!
Jess

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Ms Wabbit, I believe leather always is equipped with heated seats.

There are lots of cars with cloth seats equipped with heated seats. Refer to CWP.

Sure, heated seats can be added, others have done it.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Dieseldorf,
Thanks for your reply. Am wondering how much would it be to put in leather seating and add heating to those seats.

hop hop wabbit

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
jessica_rabbit said:
hop hop wabbit
I am a big fan of the movie as are the kids :D

Cost? You'd have to chase down somebody that's willing to sell. The stuff does turn up and others have done it. I guess the side airbags become an issue so you'd want to get 2002 seats for your 2002 model year car.

FWIW, if the wabbit likes her bumm extra warm, get a car with the cloth seats and CWP. For some reason, the leather seats are much slower and don't heat up as much. This has been a long-standing complaint and source of many warranty claims.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
dieseldorf said:
I am a big fan of the movie as are the kids :D

Cost? You'd have to chase down somebody that's willing to sell. The stuff does turn up and others have done it. I guess the side airbags become an issue so you'd want to get 2002 seats for your 2002 model year car.

FWIW, if the wabbit likes her bumm extra warm, get a car with the cloth seats and CWP. For some reason, the leather seats are much slower and don't heat up as much. This has been a long-standing complaint and source of many warranty claims.
Thanks Mr. DD,
Me just worried that me little bunny will get cloth seats extra dirty. But me does need me CA bum toasty especially during cold winter of NY.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
well, the wabbit could always consider seat covers.

I found the cloth interiors and overall seat structure/shape to be 1st class.