Headlight washers not working on Touran 2008

cveya

TDI
Vw touran 170hp 2.0tdi
Hi! I have a 2008 Touran and my headlight washers are not working, i know i gotta have my headlights on and pull the stalk around 5 times but they don't work. I've checked under the hood, and headlight system is installed, also i've tested all the fuses both in the engine compartment and under the steering wheel and they're all fine. Windshield and rear washer are working, i currentlly can't pull the bumper from the car to test out if pump is working, is there any way to test them? In vcds it says hedalight washers are installed. I will attach some pictures.

Edit:i've tested relay 53 and it clicks every on every 4-5th pull of wiper stalk

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Can you hear the pump?
Check the connector on the pump at the fluid reservoir.
Use a meter and see if it's getting power when you attempt to activate the system.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Also, check the relay... do you hear it click? Pull it out and test it if not.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Also, are your lights on?
General description:
Every fifth time the windscreen washer system is activated the headlights are also washed if the windscreen wiper lever on the steering wheel is pulled for at least 1.5 seconds - provided either dipped beam or main beam are switched on.

cveya

TDI
Vw touran 170hp 2.0tdi
Can you hear the pump?
Check the connector on the pump at the fluid reservoir.
Use a meter and see if it's getting power when you attempt to activate the system.
Thanks for reply, but as i said i can't pull the bumper from car, because i am sceptic that it's an electrical issue, the pump isn't humming but relay is clicking, and my headlights are on. Maybe it indeed is pump but it's a big job.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I didn't suggest that you pull the bumper.
The pump is on the fluid reservoir. The only things behind the bumper are the nozzles\sprayers. They can be stuck or defective, but that wouldn't stop the pump from working.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You clearly have a 2 pump system since your windshield washers are working, so the headlight pump is the issue most likely. (#21)
You need to check it's connection with a meter to ensure that it is receiving power to activate.