Having a go on my own!!!

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
Well just want to announce that I will be doing repairs on all makes and models. I previously worked for Nice Cars but have rented a bay and am doing service work on all types. Labor rate is 65 an hour and we are located right off of 291 springfield. I would really love to achieve guru status if you guys will give me the opportunity to do so. I have been doing diagnosis work my entire life and hate being a parts replacer. PM for estimates or give me a call on my cell at four one three six two seven 7878. Or at the shop four one three seven three nine one one 17. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Best of luck in your endeavor.

Nice Cars, like Nice Cars of Bellingham WA? What did you do there?

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
No nice cars of springfield MA. I was ( well still am I guess ) the tech there. I rented the bay from nice cars and do all of there repairs as well as anyone else's. It's a nerve racking thing just starting out. I have 5 young girls that need to be fed. So I am busting my arse anyway I know how ;)

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Good luck my man. I know the feeling of having to be the breadwinner.

You might want to detail what experience you have on Vdub TDIs in your front post, as well as tooling and the type of work you can do.

ie VCDS, Timing belt tools, heads, turbos, engines, intake cleanings, electrical...

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
Well I have vcds. I'm good at using it. I will do timing belts. I have tools for brm and alh. Haven't gotten into the 2009+ Yet. I am very good at fixing gasser audi and VW as well. I don't have a lift so I'm not too excited to do tranny swaps and clutch jobs (but would if it paid enough) chances are I won't be cheaper then anyone else though since I would be doing it on my back. I will however do just about anything else. I can change turbos. Fix bent valves turbo actuators etc. And I have in the past rebuilt an alh after a runaway. So new rods etc. I don't suffer from "auto tech pride" I find too many guys that attempt something that they are uncomfortable with or just have no idea because of pride. I will not do that. If I'm out of realm of comfort I have no fear of telling anyone that I can't do it. ( there isn't too much I won't do) I have not done a balance shaft job yet. It's one of the few things I haven't done and wouldn't attempt it unless it was a car that was going to be for sale and I could take my sweet time with it and make sure it was perfect. Other then that PM or give me a call if you have any questions concerns etc.

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
Just to add I'm very good at fixing limp mode issues and check engine lights not just on tdi but all domestic as well. For you gasser drivers I can fix evap problems and just about any electrical issue. (Some take longer then others) but I usually win out in the end. If you check my threads I have been fighting a cummins for some time it's my latest pain. The good news if u can say that is that nobody else has been able to fix it as well so that makes me feel at least a little bit better.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
lifts are over-rated :D after have done a few transmissions in my gravel driveway, i don't see how a lift would make it really any easier, just my opinion. good luck on the new venture :)

Leo0128

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI. 2005 Passat TDI
I've visited nice cars. Anthony is a very nice person and has plenty of knowledge with European and TDI's.

I would highly recommend him working on any car.

He helped me with my AHU when I first got my first diesel. He pointed out what I needed to do an he was right!!

Leo0128

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI. 2005 Passat TDI
Sure is! Just picked up a B4 this past weekend maybe if I have time ill swing by on the weekend and show ya

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Hey, best of luck. Give me a call if you want to set up a shop account. :D

And I'll keep you in mind when my son's car gives trouble: we used to go to Evergreen Motors but he's closed up shop. My son's in Montague.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
lifts are over-rated :D after have done a few transmissions in my gravel driveway, i don't see how a lift would make it really any easier, just my opinion. good luck on the new venture :)
Shirt on or off? :D

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
Leo it was a pleasure meeting your father. PS I have a serious crush on his 350SDL. Hope he was happy with the repair and he enjoys having functioning glow plugs!

I've visited nice cars. Anthony is a very nice person and has plenty of knowledge with European and TDI's.

I would highly recommend him working on any car.

He helped me with my AHU when I first got my first diesel. He pointed out what I needed to do an he was right!!