Have you been screwed by a TDICLUB Vendor?

Have you been screwed over either buying or selling goods on TDIClub?

• I've been taken to the cleaners by someone on TDIClub

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • All my purchases/sales have been perfect

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • I don't buy things online from anyone here

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

BigAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 A3
Maybe it's not the general membership that is making this club slide...maybe it's bad vendor or someone else hawking their wares. Matt's latest post is the reason I wanted to start this poll.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
All my purchases (transactions as far as I know) have been very good with one exception years ago when many got took by someone who is/was "banned for life". Some here, myself included, but one member in particular, worked hard at calling the theif out. I got my money back.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
I've never had a problem with any vendor here. Just received some parts from Kerma, and had no problem.
There is another sight that I can not say the same about however. We all live and learn. Hopefuly.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Given the panicky nature of the site, I don't think most of us have to worry as much about "bad experiences" as this poll suggests... as long as we steer clear of Fleabay/China/Prothe.

I have had shady problems with people before, (not this site), and when I held them accountable they made good. I wouldn't let everyone know that I was the sort of customer who would post here to complain and smear before I simply called the supplier... even if I had a problem with this supplier before...

flatlanded

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Fedex trouble with some parts from Peter Noble (IDparts), but we got that sorted out and Fedex was to blame.

No problems with Kerma, no problems with World Impex.

Ordering parts soon from Boraparts.com soon.

Very happy overall!

Wook660

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Red Jetta GL TDI 5 speed
I think all our reputable vendors have earned their reputation and work hard at maintaining it as such. Any small issues I've ever had were tiny at that and quickly fixed. Besides, word travels fast here. Bad ethics are quickly brought to attention.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I peronally have had great experiences with every vendor I have ever used. TDIParts when Danix ran it, and with Peter running it, WordlImpex, HermTDI, metalman, 1st VWparts.com. I have never had a problem other than a shipping order problem (wrong item shipped) that was quickly resolved. I have never had a problem where I felt beat or screwed.

fnjimmy!

Chucklechump
TDI
TDIdiot
As of today I've had nothing but 100% positive experiences with the following vendors:

ROSS TECH
IMPEX
1STVWPARTS
TDIPARTS/IDPARTS
DIESELGEEK

If I remember more that I may have left out, I'll edit my post.

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
All my purchases have been good, and with the very few mix-ups Peter (IDparts) and Aaron (BoraParts) have gone out of their way to make sure I get what I needed in a timely fashion.

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
One big order from Bora Parts. One item got missed so he shipped it right away and covered all the cross border costs as well. Excellent.

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
no never

i once purchased a tuning box from world impex, it didnt work, they refunded my money asap

good customer service from impex

doublebarrel

TDI
2015 Jetta S TDI
Had some mix up with IDparts.One phone call made it right.Have dealt with IDparts,Metalman,1st vw and all have been great.Have not dealt with bora but I would in a heartbeat.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
whats the over/under on the number of posts before this thread is locked?

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Lex4TDI4Life said:
whats the over/under on the number of posts before this thread is locked?
That depends on how vocal KROUT gets around here :p I've had lots of mixups with vendors here, lots of those mixups were my own fault. Some of them were vendors faults and they handled them admirably. I got some bad parts before but that vendor also refunded right away. Overall, the integrity of vendors here on the club is of the highest regard. No matter which vendor :)

smendick

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf ALH 5-sp manual
Had an issue with Aaron at Bora Parts--some items were missing for a suspension job to be done at a GTG... but he took care of the missing parts by shipping them overnight and paying for a local mechanic to install the parts. Safe to say, I'd do business with him again--how many people go that far out of the way to make things right?

Aaron is one honest dude, but I still wish he wasn't so damn busy. Getting it right the first time would have made both of us happier :).

KROUT

persona non grata
Farfromovin said:
That depends on how vocal KROUT gets around here :p I've had lots of mixups with vendors here, lots of those mixups were my own fault. Some of them were vendors faults and they handled them admirably. I got some bad parts before but that vendor also refunded right away. Overall, the integrity of vendors here on the club is of the highest regard. No matter which vendor :)
LOL Im all done.:D

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
sorry- but this thread kinda sounds like yer trollin' for trolls, big andy :eek:

they set up a vendor accountability thread to keep this subject somewhat corraled in one spot- that way vendors and customers could work things out as the issues come up.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Never had anything but superb service from the recommended vendors (IDParts, Bora, Metalman, etc.). This place has saved me a lot of dollars over the years.;)

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
I have.. and so have some other members. This guy is not on the forums anymore though. I suggest you wait till someone has a year or so of dealing with members here before you trust them on this site.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
TDI Racing, Frank06, TDIPARTS.com (ID Parts now), Diesel Inside, World Impex I recommend highly.

The ones I wouldnt recommend have changed thier name.