Have any of you run into P0190?

misternoggin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
It started popping up on my MK6 Sportwagen a couple months ago. It went in to the dealer and they started by replacing the fuel pressure sensor. They said it was good to go. When I got back in the car the light popped back on. They couldn't figure it out that night so I brought the car home and they said to keep driving it to see what happened. It went off an on pretty frequently over the next few weeks so it finally went back. This time they were out of ideas, so they started talking to VW and ended up replacing the fuel filter and then the high-pressure fuel pump. They said it was ready again. I got in the car and before driving off the lot it was back on. Same code again, and this time it stayed there. Another case was opened with VW and after three days they haven't received an answer.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Never ran into that, but maybe this will help:

16574/P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Malfunction
Possible Causes

• Wiring and/or connections faulty
  • Short to ground in of near G247
  • G247 faulty
  • Control Module faulty
source:

misternoggin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
Seems to be fairly rare. I can't find much information about it. The dealership and tech line also seemed flummoxed.

Now they're replacing the fuel rail and injectors.

Fortunately, everything so far has been covered by the emissions warranty.

ReneeA

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Seems to be fairly rare. I can't find much information about it. The dealership and tech line also seemed flummoxed.

Now they're replacing the fuel rail and injectors.

Fortunately, everything so far has been covered by the emissions warranty.

I purchased my '14 Passat TDI last September. I have, literally, only put 5500 miles on it in that time. Everything was fine until seven weeks ago... My check engine light starting coming on and going off (when I'd fill it up with fuel it would go off). I had my mechanic change the fuel filter just for kicks and giggles (even though it was throwing a code P0191). The CEL went off for a day and popped back on the next day. The VW dealership put my scheduled repair date off for several weeks (Atlas recall), but I became persistent last week when my Passat tried to kill me several times by stalling out in heavy traffic. The dealership replaced my fuel rail pressure sensor 'A". I picked up my car today and when I fueled up tonight, the CEL came back on (filling up used to turn off the CEL).

So- all of that to ask-- What was the outcome with your car?

Last edited:

misternoggin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
The CEL didn't come back after the fuel rail and injectors were replaced. However, I sold the car in early December, just a couple of months after the work was done. So I don't know for sure whether it was fully fixed.