Hats off and a big thumbs up to Jeff@RC!!!

andreigbs

Veteran Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Location
Walworth Co., Wisconsin
TDI
N/A
I'm the proud owner of a newly tuned PD with the RC1+!:D:D:D
Since Saturday night when Jeff worked his magic I haven't been able to stop grinning like a fool when on the go-pedal. Tinted windows will help to keep me from looking foolish, but those get done next year.

I'm having so much fun with my newly found power that it has taken the place of my morning coffee. No need for caffeine when you have the rush of adrenaline with just a blip of the throttle!

Jeff, your work is second to none and your willingness to help out speaks volumes about the type of customer service you provide. The drive home was so much fun, late at night on empty roads, 2nd gear and 3rd enough to take me to 80 mph. I will be doing a 0-60 mph VAG-com recorded run to post up soon, just to have some real evidence of what power and performance is like with the RC1+.

A big thanks to Richard55 who hosted the GTG down Greensboro where Jeff was able to work his magic. All I need now is a .681 5th gear, but I need good reasoning to convince my better half it's "necessary".

Anyway, huge thanks to Jeff! You now have yet another loyal and completely satisfied customer!:D
 

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Location
WA
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Welcome to the "Darkside"!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new power gains!! Be careful, modding is a slippery slope. Good thing you have a "better half" to keep you in line! ;) :D
 

pierre

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Location
Elizabethtown Pa.
TDI
2002 Golf gls
I second the hats off. I upgraded to RC3 from RC2. It is a nice smooth program. Jeff was nice to deal with as usual. So far my dual diaphragm is holding up nicely. I took a coworker out for a spin, and he couldn't believe a diesel could drive like that
 

andreigbs

Veteran Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Location
Walworth Co., Wisconsin
TDI
N/A
jetta-girl said:
Welcome to the "Darkside"!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new power gains!! Be careful, modding is a slippery slope. Good thing you have a "better half" to keep you in line! ;) :D
It's great to be here finally, now I know what I've been missing and what I shoulda done sooner. But yes, my better half definitely keeps me in check. We both agreed the mod was worth it and we both drive the TDI.
 

TDIman49

Active member
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Location
Canada
TDI
1.6 diesel 55hp,1997 TD jetta, 1.9L TDI jetta 2001, 2L PD
Jeff Your the Man!! RC all the way!
 

abtmuda

Veteran Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Location
SF, Bay Area CA
TDI
Many others but one ALH TDI - In love
He is willing to help me, with all my non tune related problems. Not everyone has done so in the past...
 

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
Joined
Jun 11, 2001
Location
Pineview GA
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
pierre said:
I second the hats off. I upgraded to RC3 from RC2. It is a nice smooth program. Jeff was nice to deal with as usual. So far my dual diaphragm is holding up nicely. I took a coworker out for a spin, and he couldn't believe a diesel could drive like that
Yup I did the same thing and it is so smooth. Lots of power too, tested it passing a semi in 5th: smooth strong pull to 115 mph and it did not want to stop but my wallet did not want a ticket. Jeff is a great guy for sure.
 

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
Joined
Feb 13, 1998
Location
Newport News, VA
TDI
2017 GTI w/PP, LP, & APR Stage 2 (336 hp/404 lb-ft)
Too bad folks who moan about not being able to contact Jeff don't see posts like this before tossing stones. Jeff's always a pleasure to deal with and he's helpful to everyone, even those without his products in their car.
 

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Location
Atlanta Jawja
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Curious Chris said:
Yup I did the same thing and it is so smooth. Lots of power too, tested it passing a semi in 5th: smooth strong pull to 115 mph and it did not want to stop but my wallet did not want a ticket. Jeff is a great guy for sure.
I found Whitey (ALH with RC-II) tops out at 120 mph and
Red (ALH with RC-III) tops out at 130 mph but gets there much faster with a broader feeling powerband.



(Note: Closed course "off-road" testing only. Do not try this at home. YRMV. Bla-bla-bla...)
 

schwechel

Veteran Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Location
Slinger, WI
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
andreigbs said:
Anyway, huge thanks to Jeff! You now have yet another loyal and completely satisfied customer!:D
What do you mean? In the VW maintenance schedule a .681 fifth gear is required maintenance at (insert current mileage here).;)
 

Justler

Veteran Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
If you search for "RC" or "Rocketchip", there are enough of these kinds of posts to put you to sleep for weeks on end.

Glad someone is happy with their tune, though.

Stealth TDI said:
Too bad folks who moan about not being able to contact Jeff don't see posts like this before tossing stones. Jeff's always a pleasure to deal with and he's helpful to everyone, even those without his products in their car.
 

andreigbs

Veteran Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Location
Walworth Co., Wisconsin
TDI
N/A
schwechel said:
What do you mean? In the VW maintenance schedule a .681 fifth gear is required maintenance at (insert current mileage here).;)
Yeah, i'm working on that as we speak, except I shouldn't be bringing up anymore "improvement" ideas to either the TDI or my Audi, which set me back a couple Gs getting it back up to speed. Now I'm wanting to send the A4's ECU to Jeff to work his magic on it, but I don't think it would be well-received:rolleyes:. I'll have to let things settle a bit, but MAN ALIVE! It's so much fun driving the TDI, I can't believe the night&day difference. Much more responsive, economy is right where it has been since the cold spell relieved the need for A/C (47 mpgs, baby!) and I still haul a$$ around town and drive 80 mph on the freeway, like every other Atlantan. This much fun should be taxed.:p
 

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Location
Outside Tampa, FL
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
RC2+ in 04 PD!

andreigbs said:
I'm the proud owner of a newly tuned PD with the RC1+!:D:D:D
I know exactly what you mean! The RC2+ in my PD is insane! I averaged 49.9 mpg on the way back (4 door GLS with 17" OEM VW wheels) going 75 mph most of the time :eek:. The amount of torque that thing makes now is just criminal...

I can't wait for lurker's down pipes...I want my bad boy to breathe as easy as possible...

Jeff is amazing!
 

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
Joined
Feb 13, 1998
Location
Newport News, VA
TDI
2017 GTI w/PP, LP, & APR Stage 2 (336 hp/404 lb-ft)
Hi,

That's my point! It's easy to see Jeff is worth the wait. But many choose not to do a little reading and would rather moan instead. Hats off to positive feedback from happy customers.

Justler said:
If you search for "RC" or "Rocketchip", there are enough of these kinds of posts to put you to sleep for weeks on end.
Glad someone is happy with their tune, though.
Scott
 

Justler

Veteran Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Stealth TDI said:
Hi,

That's my point! It's easy to see Jeff is worth the wait. But many choose not to do a little reading and would rather moan instead. Hats off to positive feedback from happy customers.

Scott
I'd moan too if I couldn't get ahold of him. In my mind, no tuner is worth having to wait an extended period of time or drive 400+ miles to a GTG.
 

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Location
South of Boston
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ah, but that's why we drive diesels so we can make long trips for any reason we choose. I drove to Baltimore for a dyno! Twice! And in a few weeks am driving to Montreal for same.
 

Justler

Veteran Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Ah, but that's why we drive diesels so we can make long trips for any reason we choose. I drove to Baltimore for a dyno! Twice! And in a few weeks am driving to Montreal for same.
I don't drive a diesel to be inconvenienced.
 

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Location
USA
TDI
TDI
andreigbs said:
I'm the proud owner of a newly tuned PD with the RC1+!:D:D:D
Ain't that the hoot!:D

Congrats!

We had temporary tags still on our car w/1,400 miles on the O.D. when seeing Jeff for a chip on our 2006 Jetta manual 5-speed at HO5G GTG during April 2006.

When we asked Jeff how much gain we'd get from the RC1+1, he said, "Maybe 15hp and 30 ft lb extra torque...":rolleyes:

Oh? That's all Jeff?

That must've been his humour.:D More like 151 hp...

The car has 50,000 miles on it presently with Jeff's tune. Best mileage was 47 mpg with a heavy foot mixed.

It pulls like a V8 in every gear.

LOL.

You have to love it.

BrianCT

 

andreigbs

Veteran Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Location
Walworth Co., Wisconsin
TDI
N/A
I agree with the comments about Jeff's work: it's second to none, the pricing is about half what it should be, honestly, and the quality work he does as well as the time he spends on each car to make it right or keep working on it is the kind of customer service that makes his a one-man job. This is why the long wait or months of emailing; he won't let someone else do shoddy work in his name and I applaud him for it.

Besides, whiners are weiners anyway.
 

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Location
USA
TDI
TDI
andreigbs said:
....as the time he spends on each car to make it right or keep working on it is the kind of customer service that makes his a one-man job.
:D



Jeff diagnosed our clogged fuel filtre in seconds after hesitation ....brand new car and many TDI's received junk fuel from the Port before delivery.
 

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Location
USA
TDI
TDI
Bob_Fout said:
What's that black stuff?
Evidently at the port, these cars were delivered with siphoned out fuel [port employees or at shipping docks] and were replaced with motor oil. That way no one knew that employees of the docks were stealing fuel for their own cars off new cars on the dock destine for the USA market.

This filtre was clogged since day one perhaps.:(

Nothing got through the filtre but it made the car hesitate terribly at upper rpms... and Jeff figured out why a brand new car would have a fueling issue...


Actually Jeff was on top of what had been reported by other customers with hesitation issues of that same year vehicle.

To answer your question? Oil dumped in the fuel tank to hide stolen fuel off the docks.

BrianCT
 

zaeli

Veteran Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Location
North Carolina
TDI
99.5 golf 175k (totaled, sold) 2000 golf tdi 375k (Malone 1.5) 2002 green diesel bug
Oh I cant wait to get mine back next week!
RC3+, 520's, (It was discovered I have a LUK clutch :)), newsouth boost guage, lowered and bosered.
 
Last edited:
Top