Has anyone used this Intercooler system?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Yes, myself and a fellow in Austin, Texas bought this system. The top pipe to the EGR is not bent and welded properly so fitment is a problem. Mine hits the back of the headlight.

I gave up and just used the intercooler with stock boost piping.

Don't waste your money on this unless you can figure out how to re-bend 2" thin wall aluminum pipe, which is not easy to do without screwing it up.

texas

TDI
2005 mk4 jetta tdi, 99 beetle tdi, 2002 beelte tdi
I was going to buy that kit but with exchange and only wanting to buy once ended up with pd130 fmic. I forgot how to get my picture to load but they are in my pictures on here some where.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I got HPA Motorsports to make one for the Beetle, they had one of their competition cores and welded the top and bottom on and installed it for me. It turned out to be a great fit for the Beetle with the tighter curved bumper, Golfs and Jetta's have more room for FMIC. This was based on their SMIC that they use for their crazy turbo upgrades.

I should have taken pictures of it before they put it in. They have some details on their website if interested.

davidhertig

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Mine is going in this week some time. being installed by a guru, but I'll try to update this with his feedback on the product. Going on ALH along with VNT17/22.