Has anyone noticed there are not many Passats on dealer lots?

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
With the offer of the $1000 and $2000 trade in etc it got me thinking about trading my 2013 with almost 80K miles. I have been looking for a few months and just a while back VW was offering $4500 dealer cash and it was easy to get $6000 or more total discounts on 2015 TDIs.

Now that people will soon be getting the incentives to trade I started looking to see what gas cars were in stock and what they were. I was a little surprised to see very few Passats in my area, Chattanooga. So I looked online in Atlanta and even at a huge dealer there they only show 4 Passats in stock and they are all 2015s even though there are incentives on 2016 models.

If VW isn't selling many cars where did all the Passats go?

wrc777

TDI
2014 Jetta TSI
People were buying 2015 Limited Editions for $17500 last month. I don't think 2016s have shipped yet. It could be a bunch of the 2015s have the cam issue too so they may not be showing in inventory.

rabbitjetta

TDI
MK5 BRM w/DSG
I just traded my 13 in for my 11 TDI and I actually find that my dealer lot is packed full of Jettas and Passats but hardly anything else.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I don't spend much time walking around dealer lots.

I have not spent any time walking around on lots, I just looked on the inter webs to help me decide what I am going to do with my $2000 from the two TDI cars I have. The Audi TDI only has 37K so I am not gonna sell or trade it but the Passat has almost 80K so for the right deal I may use my goodwill money at the dealer. If not Ill just keep them both and enjoy the 43+ mpg and keep the passat

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Right now the only new Passats you can by are the VR6s. And they don't make many (perhaps 5% of all NMSs are VR6s).

-J

kltk1

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Just for the fun of it, I looked around Autotrader and saw several new TDI Passat's for sale. I was under the impression VW had a hold on new sales of the TDI's. Was that only on 2016 models?

kltk1

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Did you purchase your car before, or after, the problem was reported to the public?

AndyA

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
I was in the dealership the other day asking about the $2K towards a trade in deal. For ****s and giggles i asked for a quote to trade in my car for another VW. Now i paid almost $30K 16 months ago and have under 9,000 mi on it. He came back with a quote of $17,000. Thats a loss of value of almost 44%. I had to leave so as to not just blow up on him!

I have no intention of trading in my car at this point. I love my car and how it performs. I think the owner vs VW issue will be in a loss-of-value suit. Only thing i would fix on my car would be to try and insulate out some of the road noise.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Well I was wrong... our local dealer has 2016 Passats with 1.8ts for sale. S and SE cars. The SEs have the driver assistance package.

-J