has anyone here remapped 1.9tdi BXE has your engine thrown a conrod yet?

Mohnishvishal

TDI
1.9 bxe
just bought a 2009 1.9 bxe 105bhp 80k miles jetta felt like it might need a ecu remap a to increase bhp by 30% torque by 30% but am worried about the engine throwing the conrod ..i heard that the conrod problem was fixed by 2008 and 2009is it true ? if anyone here modded your bxe engine how does it hold up and how many miles did you get out of it....tnx for answering :)

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
what type of TDI are we talking?

Haven't heard of con-rod failure from simple remap, but have seen plenty from other problems, such as leaking injector, oil ingestion, starting aid.

Jason

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know that engine in detail, but for the most part con rod failure is rare on US bound TDIs. Usually a major failure is involved and the con rod gets bent by that failure. I put 140K miles on a 100hp PD with a remap and no con-rod failure.

Jason

Mohnishvishal

TDI
1.9 bxe
Thanks for the reply man how much did it cost you to do a remap

I don't know that engine in detail, but for the most part con rod failure is rare on US bound TDIs. Usually a major failure is involved and the con rod gets bent by that failure. I put 140K miles on a 100hp PD with a remap and no con-rod failure.

Jason

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
hmm, the remap was done at an event so I got show pricing. It was done in 2006. At the time the ECM had to removed and put on bench programmer. I want to say $200, but it could have been closer to $300.

Jason

PS: now it costs $499 - $699 and can be done thru the diag port.

mk1chris

TDI
mk1 golf with pd130 swap ,mk5 ppd 170 bmn daily
my bjb 2006 altea dropped a rod at stage 1 power with 110k miles most common is between 2006-2008 for bxe/bls rod failure weve done a few mk4 to mk5 platform conversions because a few customers want to go above 200hp which i dont recomend on a bls or bxe best option is to get a bkc from 2004/2005 there much stronger than bxe and its plug and play