Has anyone done an HID headlight upgrade?

Huskey4NU

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL
I’ve bought a set of high beam, low beam, and fog light HID upgrade kit with canbus and anti-flicker. Seems like a lot of work.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Your post is hard to understand…what are you asking? It’s not that bad to install headlights. Cur retrofit is pretty hard tho…

Huskey4NU

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL
Your post is hard to understand…what are you asking? It’s not that bad to install headlights. Cur retrofit is pretty hard tho…
What do you mean hard to understand I’m upgrading to HID headlights. It has a bunch of extra wiring harnesses to not make lights come on, on the dash. If you don’t know what HID headlights are than maybe it’s hard to understand.

Huskey4NU

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL
The question is in the thread title, I guess I’m looking for help on how to make the upgrade easier maybe a video or step step installation process.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
agreed seems like a lot of work, for me it'd be up graded bulbs in stock halogen housings if i was to drop the coin.

eugene89us

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium
Get some good quality LED off road bulbs and you will gain great visibility. I have a thread on this forums for my success with LasFit LED bumbs - plug and play, no dash errors, and really good light pattern that avoids blinding others like some cheap eBay options. For $99, it is a lot cheaper and less headache than aftermarket HID retrofit. The seller has a web site, but they also sell on eBay, and I hear you can negotiate price on eBay that accepts automatically. Someone offered 10% less and got auto approved, maybe start with 20% off and see?

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
What do you mean hard to understand I’m upgrading to HID headlights. It has a bunch of extra wiring harnesses to not make lights come on, on the dash. If you don’t know what HID headlights are than maybe it’s hard to understand.
Bro I custom build my HID headlights…maybe you should know what you’re buying and how to install before buying it.