Has anyone been able to schedule buyback after submitting notarized docs after Nov 18

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
Looks like a 2 week lead time, I uploaded my docs on Nov 28th so I would imagine the week of Dec. 12th I will hear further.

kfosburg

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4 door, Graphite Blue, 6 speed, Sunroof/Nav
Logjam broken...

Uploaded notarized docs on 11/21
Approved 12/2
Scheduled buyback 12/19 (King VW, Gaithersburg, MD)

None too soon since I picked up a Golf R this week! It's amazing... I can actually pass people on a two lane road :)

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Logjam broken...

Uploaded notarized docs on 11/21
Approved 12/2

Scheduled buyback 12/19 (King VW, Gaithersburg, MD)

None too soon since I picked up a Golf R this week! It's amazing... I can actually pass people on a two lane road :)
Same here. Going to schedule tonight since I don't know my exact current mileage

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Got my appointment email this morning. Scheduled for 12/22. Submitted my docs on 11/22.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
got my appointment email this morning and scheduled the buyback on 12/21. received and returned notarized offer on same day (11/25)

MHC48

TDI
2009 TDI DSG
So far I can't complain. The process has worked very smoothly with each step progressing to the next about one week after uploading or faxing documents back to the settlement site. I just got the e-mail this morning to set the appointment date. There were lots of dates available in December, but I chose January so as to drop down into the next lower mileage bracket and get $210 more.

stakeman

TDI
13 Passat TDI
Letter requesting Doc's dated Nov 24th. Received E-Mail on Nov. 25th. Returned completed Doc's on Nov 27th. Just scheduled return this morning December 5th, so it looks like a little sooner than the 10 day turn around. The only date that worked for me was Dec 27th; however, there were dates as soon as the 22nd. It's funny another Texan just a couple of post above this one was just able to schedule his return date? Makes me wonder if they are looking at different regions that have the earliest slots now versus paperwork dates? I'm not sure anyone will crack that code!

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
L... It's funny another Texan just a couple of post above this one was just able to schedule his return date? Makes me wonder if they are looking at different regions that have the earliest slots now versus paperwork dates? I'm not sure anyone will crack that code!
Yeah I wondered about this too. I spoke to another from San Antonio and said one of the dealers in town has yet to get anything scheduled. I am wondering if I will be the first at the dealer I chose. I've also speculated that if VW wasn't prepared with enough claims reviewers and auditors on the back end due to this onslaught, what makes anyone think they were prepared at the dealer end of this process? They probably had to accelerate the hiring of ambassadors and the "transportation logistics" of ingesting this massive amount of buybacks in such a short period.

Last edited:

trave1guy

TDI
jetta
Submitted mine on 11/26 and received my notice to schedule my appointment today. Most dealers in my area have appointments available the week after Christmas.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I faxed my notarized documents in on Nov. 13th - a Sunday - got the notice to sign in to schedule a buyback date last night - Dec 4th. I took the first available date - Dec 22nd.

Last edited:

dqman01

TDI
(2) 2011 jetta tdi w/nav
We uploaded our documents on 11/28 and received email to setup appointment 12/5 and we will be turning both cars on 12/21. Good luck to anyone still waiting for this process to end.

raff

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen (gone)
Uploaded notarized documents 11/28,
Approval appeared on the claims site 12/5,
Earliest appointment at my preferred dealer was 12/22 with all time slots open.

FWIW -- the approval on the claims site mentions I will also be receiving an approval e-mail.
For those still waiting for the e-mail, I'd also check the vw claim site meanwhile.

Vidgamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (turned in)
I sent in the last documents right after Thanksgiving, and yesterday was able to choose and appt 2 weeks from now. So, pretty much in line with other people.

I imagine that after this initial rush, it will go faster, but at least there is steady movement, so I'm OK with the timing. I haven't been in a mad rush to get it over with, just want to move on already.