Happy Thanksgiving!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Be safe out there if you're traveling...

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Happy Thanksgiving..........

(our oven went out before the turkey was done........ took the turkey to my son's house...LOL)

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Slow cooked mine. You can literally cut it with a spoon. Incredible, and no waste like the dried surface when you deep fry it.

Cheers,

PH

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Last edited:

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Where did you find a pot big enough to sous vide a turkey ?

For those who don't know - sous vide (something like that anyway) is where you have a heated water source that the temperature is really closely controlled - I'd imagine he set the temp to about 141 F (to kill the salmonella) and the sousvide machine took the water to EXACTLY 141F for the time required to properly cook it.

We don't have one yet, haven't felt the need for it yet (and my wife has almost everything known to man for the kitchen (and how to use it)).

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I wonder how long that took. A friend Sous Vided (is that the past tense of Sous Vide?) some ribs and it took overnight to cook them. They were OK, but I've had better in North Carolina cooked over a BBQ.