Happy birthday to ... My car!!!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
January 24th, 2001 was the day I purchased my 2001 Jetta TDI GLS with CWP, power moonroof and alloys, and Monsoon sound system. Now, 12 years, 240,000kms, hundreds of hours and thousands of $$ later, I still love the car as much as (if not more than) the day I drove it off the dealership lot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO "THE BEAST"

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Happy Birthday! You car is about the same age as mine. Looks better though!
I like the front valence - I need a new bumper cap as mine is getting beat up.
Where did you get the custom vents for the fog lights? I really like that touch.
As well the wheels...

EuroVariant

TDI
2003 Golf Variant TDI, 2001 Jetta Wagon VR6
congratulations! Is that first image a photoshop, or is there a website that you did that with? Looks really cool!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Happy Birthday! You car is about the same age as mine. Looks better though!
I like the front valence - I need a new bumper cap as mine is getting beat up.
Where did you get the custom vents for the fog lights? I really like that touch.
As well the wheels...
Thanks! The grille inserts came with the Hella Micro DE foglights. You *can* find similar grilles on eBay for cheaper but they may not fit as nicely as these do. Usual disclaimer - you get what you pay for! And the valance is just the stock valance that's been detexturized and painted.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
congratulations! Is that first image a photoshop, or is there a website that you did that with? Looks really cool!
Thanks! The first image was made a long time ago on a website called DubModder. Used to be free but now they charge $11.95 a year or $29.95 for a lifetime membership.

*apparently you can use the MK6 version for free ... for now. had a bit of fun messin' with it!*

Last edited:

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Thanks! The grille inserts came with the Hella Micro DE foglights. You *can* find similar grilles on eBay for cheaper but they may not fit as nicely as these do. Usual disclaimer - you get what you pay for! And the valance is just the stock valance that's been detexturized and painted.
Well, I'm missing one of my grills anyway, so....

So far all I've found are from ECS Tuning:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_IV--2.0/Lighting/Fog_Lights/ES10324/

Yet another thing to spend money on. Woohooo!

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Congrats Ed I figured you would have more kms for the year and your driving habits... Any presents planned for the girl on her birthday...

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Congrats Ed I figured you would have more kms for the year and your driving habits... Any presents planned for the girl on her birthday...
Haha a bit late but thanks for the birthday wishes. As for mileage, keep in mind that the car was stored during the winter for the past 7 years and I drove another car instead. Rough estimate of mileage *should* be around 325K kms.

There's a few things I still want to do to the car but unfortunately they're all on the back burner for now as I have a business project on the go that is tyng up my finances for now.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
You inspired me to go look at the insane mileage on our car... today is the 10th anniversary of the day we picked it up... with 6 km on it... current reading: 815,732 km... (that's 506,872 miles)... as I said, insane...

Yuri

volkswheels

Vendor
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG, 2012 GolfHighline TDI DSG
You inspired me to go look at the insane mileage on our car... today is the 10th anniversary of the day we picked it up... with 6 km on it... current reading: 815,732 km... (that's 506,872 miles)... as I said, insane...

Yuri
That's awesome Yuri !!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry for the late reply everyone. Been busy trying to get my new business off the ground! Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate the kind words! It's Beene labour of love and I refuse to give it up. Still a few more things to do like a suspension refresh and possibly a bigger turbo, but unfortunately that all has to wait until my business is up and running.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Yuri
Wow Yuri that is impressive! I remember seeing a '99 Golf at the Fix'Um Haus gtg a couple years ago that had 640K miles on it which is over 1 million kms! It was a white 2-door with tan leather and it looked amazing! I asked the owner if he'd repainted it and he said it was all original! Never any mechanical issues, only regular maintenance and changed tires and brakes. Still the original clutch and turbo too!!!