hahaha FAIL!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Oh! I've wet 'em!:D Thanks for the laugh.
Now if only it weren't so sad that so many think that way.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
But wouldn't it make as much sense as a sign that said "Who needs food? I'm on a diet."

MeOmYo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
electricity mostly comes from coal plants up here. rural. it's funny because all the so called "environmentalists" are fighting the windmills becuase they say it "degrades the serenity of the landscape".

Interesting concept to me that they degrade the serenity more than a coal fired power plant but what do I know. I guess not seeing that power plant from their window is what makes them happy.

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Just watch their faces when you explain that burning coal has put more uranium and radium oxide in the air than all the nuclear testing ever done.

dubvulture

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf GLS 5 spd. black/black
tdisky said:
From the store, right?:D
Yeah, anytime someone tells me about an electric car I ask, "Oh, you mean those coal powered cars?" Unless your generating your own juice from wind/solar, chances are you're driving a coal/nuclear powered vehicle. Some may be driving a hydroelectric vehicle.

P.S. Maybe that bus runs on sunshine and love and rainbows and hugs :D.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Is strip mining, a prettier sight than a windmill? Environmentailists will be the death of this country. A TDI in every other driveway would change Americas dependence on energy a huge amount. Folks cant have it all ways. I personaly think we should drill every stinkin place we can on OUR soil, and not use the oil. This will drop the global price, while we find alternative sources of fuel, and use up all of OPECS oil, so they can return to nothin but a big sandbox. I have a nice cushy Gov. job, and I am seriously thinking of leaving for a job in the alt energy field. Wind, and solar are goin to blow up! Alt fuels will as well, so long as dumb M***** F****** from universities like Berkley stop putting out BS research reports.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
LiLredTDI said:
Is strip mining, a prettier sight than a windmill? Environmentailists will be the death of this country. A TDI in every other driveway would change Americas dependence on energy a huge amount. Folks cant have it all ways. I personaly think we should drill every stinkin place we can on OUR soil, and not use the oil. This will drop the global price, while we find alternative sources of fuel, and use up all of OPECS oil, so they can return to nothin but a big sandbox. I have a nice cushy Gov. job, and I am seriously thinking of leaving for a job in the alt energy field. Wind, and solar are goin to blow up! Alt fuels will as well, so long as dumb M***** F****** from universities like Berkley stop putting out BS research reports.

And a Newbie shall lead them....

Good post!

Bill

Lug_Nut

TDI
LiLredTDI said:
A TDI in every other driveway would change Americas dependence on energy a huge amount.
I'll watch for the trend and then buy a gas guzzler. All those vehicles adding to the already limited amount of diesel available ber barrel of crude will make the diesel price skyrocket. You think this past year's increase was something? Watch if this scenario were to happen. More crude will be needed to meet that ever more profitable demand for diesel, and gasoline will become almost a waste by-product of diesel refining.
It happened before when gasoline was a cheap waste by-product of kerosene production. Once there was a Ford model "T" in every other driveway that gasoline production and price shift began.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
dubvulture said:
Yeah, anytime someone tells me about an electric car I ask, "Oh, you mean those coal powered cars?" Unless your generating your own juice from wind/solar, chances are you're driving a coal/nuclear powered vehicle. Some may be driving a hydroelectric vehicle.

P.S. Maybe that bus runs on sunshine and love and rainbows and hugs :D.
I was giving serious thought to putting this on my back window :D

Since the EU banned all Canadian Seal products unless they can proove that they were Humanely Slaughtered, we have to find Home Based sales for the stuff:D

MrVermin

Gil

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 auto wagon and 2004 stick
Lug Nut
The Model T ran on 100% alcohol and or gasoline.
Too bad we can't get a car to do that today. Alcohol can be made in your back yard from all kinds of stuff.

Lug_Nut

TDI
Gil said:
Lug Nut
The Model T ran on 100% alcohol and or gasoline.
Too bad we can't get a car to do that today. Alcohol can be made in your back yard from all kinds of stuff.
But you can still buy a low quality, noisy, 25 mpg vehicle that will run on gasoline or alcohol, but it will be a Chevy with an E85 badge, not a Ford. And it costs less, too (as a percentage of the average American's annual income).
Plus ca change, plus la meme chose.

EECSentric

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL DSG LP
Unless your generating your own juice from wind/solar, chances are you're driving a coal/nuclear powered vehicle. Some may be driving a hydroelectric vehicle.
Now I absolutely will back you up that coal is one of the dirtiest power sources we have, but lumping nuclear in with coal is unfair. That's like someone telling you that diesel cars are old, loud, slow pollution factories. There is even an analogy to be made about ULSD and nuclear fuel reprocessing (if anyone cares). So let's not be dissing on the nukes, they're about as green as you can get.

Gil

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 auto wagon and 2004 stick
All this talk about nuclear energy for electrical power being green is a problem for me.
Only the Government knows how much power it takes to enrich the fuel rods.

EECSentric

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL DSG LP
Gil, certainly less than is extracted by fission. Of course that assumes also that we build new power plants identical to the ones now 30 to 50 some years old. There has been decades of development. Newer reactor and fuel technologies can use unenriched fuel elements, or breed new fuel from unenriched sources. These technologies also can have very high fuel utilization rates (over 90% as compared to 3-5% for older technology) without the heavy transuranic outputs (and thus no long term spent fuel storage is needed). As I said, there is a lot about nuclear power that is misunderstood. It isn't going to be a panacea but it remains one of the best green power technologies for base load generation alongside with hydro and geothermal.

Sorry for the off topic, I'm happy to discuss via email or PM.