Had my exhaust done today!!

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Ive been wanting to do this for a while and I finally got it done today. Its a 2.5 inch straight pipe from the cat all the way back. It has a slight rumble at idle and when driving my it sounds more like a truck if your outside. You cant really tell the difference in the car with the windows up unless you really listen for it.

What do you guys think of this tip?

DCR

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I like it. Looks like it was ment to be there... Cant wait to hear the MPG results!

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
it sounds more like a truck if your outside. You cant really tell the difference in the car with the windows up unless you really listen for it.

So you want to inflict your noise on others, but are glad you can shut it off to yourself?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
probably a lot less anyoing than half the cars out there.

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
probably a lot less anyoing than half the cars out there.
Exactly... It's nothing like a civic with a fart can exhaust. It's nowhere near that loud. You have to remember the turbo acts a muffler as well. I'll try to get a video up soon.

moore.ba

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd say the video quality is pretty awesome compared to others.

Must have been an iPhone ;)

Sounds good too!

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Thanks. Yeah its an iPhone 4. I would have done it from my computer but I'm still at work.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I may have to do that to the wife's Jetta!

I straight piped the Passat almost 1 year ago. No real performance improvement, I may have picked up ~0.5mpg.

Tony

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Sounds good, only difference that I hear is the turbo spooling up. :cool:

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I now know what my next mod will be, I likes it!
Do it! You'll love it. When driving with the windows down I get a deep tone when accelerating... I like it a lot.

I have a lead foot so I don't know if I'm going to see an increase in fuel economy.

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
No noticeable performance gain but it does seem like the turbo spools up faster. I didn't see a increase in mpg but I have a lead foot and do a lot of city driving. I do love the sound though.

mattds

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
No noticeable performance gain but it does seem like the turbo spools up faster. I didn't see a increase in mpg but I have a lead foot and do a lot of city driving. I do love the sound though.

Any update on performance or milage gains?

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
No noticeable performance gain but I will get a Malone tune pretty soon. I probably got a 2-3% increase in fuel economy. Its slightly more than it was before I got it done. It seems to have gotten a little louder but I don't mind that.

mattds

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
You will LOVE the Malone tune...i have his stage 2+... During the testing data logging phase of his tuning process i guess he gave me a tune with too much fuel and the power was great! However he has to dial it back a big due to boost creep!

#2isgreen

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
turbo sounds real nice. why keep the cat? thats whats holding back the power!

mattds

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
How's your clutch holding up with the tune?

"Seems" to be fine. I had my DSG serviced for what i presume is was the first time at 94K km and it's been smoother since. I don't hammer on it often and I've read that the dsg limited tq to something like 350ntm which i think is about 275 pdsft...so even if i moved up in turbo size i presume the tranny would sort of save itself?

I'd really like to get a dsg tune, but they are still around $800US.

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
"Seems" to be fine. I had my DSG serviced for what i presume is was the first time at 94K km and it's been smoother since. I don't hammer on it often and I've read that the dsg limited tq to something like 350ntm which i think is about 275 pdsft...so even if i moved up in turbo size i presume the tranny would sort of save itself?

I'd really like to get a dsg tune, but they are still around $800US.
I didnt know that you have a DSG. Hopefully my clutch dosent grenade on me with the tune. Im planning on upgrading to a stage 1 clutch but those are the only things im planning on doing performance wise.

turbo sounds real nice. why keep the cat? thats whats holding back the power!
I wanted to get rid of the cat but I read on here that some people got a drone by removing it. Also the shop that I took it to didn't want to do it because they said that they could be fined. I might end up doing that later on since emissions for diesels aren't required where I live.