Had a bad dream last night ! ! !

master cylinder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Cool White
Ever have a dream where when you wake up you think it is true? I had a dream last night that I was travelling down the highway and all of a sudden there were thick clouds of smoke rolling out the rear end and a sudden loss of power. Then it would surge, regaining power momentarily, and then lose it again in a large cloud of smoke
. The last thing I remember was trying to rev it up and getting large plumes of smoke. What the Hell kind a dream is that - I hope not a premonition
. I haven't had any problems with this car and don't expect any. Anyone else have nightmares of this kind?

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Hmmm... very similar to a dream I had a while back. I was being chased by the cops (not sure why) and my turbo blew. I lost them in the smoke and doubled back. I could see the black cloud hanging above the city. Pretty neat that I kept going despite burning up all my engine oil.

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Baltic Green
I had a dream a few nights ago, the first one I've had about the car, and it was losing power, bogging down, as I tried to accelerate. The more I pushed the accelerator, the worse it would bog down. I was wondering, MAF?, clogged intake?, snow screen?

Don Splaun

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
I had the real nightmare. It was total fuel pump failure while my wife was driving, thick black smoke, loss of power, until it finally stopped and she was able to drift in a parking lot. $900 later and all is well.

Kiwi_ME

Veteran Member
TDI
'18 Kona EV, ex '03 Golf TDI, '82 Rabbit Diesel
I wish I had been dreaming a few months ago when the dealer called me to tell me they smashed up my car.