H2OI Banned in OC MD

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
It was kinda funny really. If you think about the hyperbole in the descriptions and quotes, it sounds like city officials are off their rockers. "Carnage"? Seriously? Bwahahaha!!

Cheers,

PH

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
H2O has been "banned for like 3 years now. Doesn't mean you can stop people from coming and dumping hundreds of thousands if not millions into your local community.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Doesn't take but one rotten apple to spoil the whole bushel. :(

We have a weekly event here, unofficially known as "cars and coffee", technically not even weekly but people do seem to show up every week so long as the weather is decent. Always calm, and local (Maryland Heights) police often show up and chat with fellow enthusiasts (several officers are "car guys").

I think 99% of everyone wants it to be good. Alcohol is always suspect when you hear about large groups of people getting out of control.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
We have a Cars and Coffee here too, at a mall just north of the city in Hunt Valley. Every Saturday morning but an older more sedate crowd...

Almost1

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4 Sedan
It's embarrassing to see people acting like this. I've been going to H20i for years when it was held in OC and always hated seeing people act like idiots. These past 2 years in AC were great! It truly was the laid back VW/Audi show while all the rowdiness was kept in MD, but at the same time I know how I would feel if thousands of people came into my town and made a mess of it.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Ocean City has Cruising next weekend they are almost as bad just a bit more Mature
.....The Sanctioned H2O event Moved to Atlantic City But the Ricers like to go to OC And Stir Sh*t 121 arrests 100’s of tickets

Last edited: