H2Oi 2015

im no hero x

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Variant 5-spd
Hey guys,

Any club members going to H2Oi? Let's set up a gtg!

Also, does anybody know if any vendors will be around that can do a Malone tune? I'm hoping to have my turbo back on just before H2Oi and it'd be great to get the tune while I'm there haha

im no hero x

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Variant 5-spd
H2Oi takes place in Ocean City, MD and is going to be taking place during the first weekend of October. It's an amazing event! It's gotten a little out of hand with crazy scenester kids in the past few years unfortunately, but hopefully it'll be taking a step in the right direction this year and be an event that honors the cars we love rather than glorifying the kids looking to do stupid things to get likes on Instagram.

BRMTDI

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM PD140 Turbo, PD150 Injectors RC2+
I will be there, I'm heading down Friday but I'm stopping by Rocketchip first to get new injector tips installed, and tune revised.

1.9glstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat waggon BHW PD
Glad I checked this neck of the woods for whats going on. I am working in kittery Maine fo a bit on the portsmouth naval yard score.

KoryVette

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon 220 injectors 2.5 exhaust, 2012 Passat
I'll be down probably Friday night and Sunday with the wife. Volks and rings from VA will be doing Malone tuning.

im no hero x

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Variant 5-spd
I'll be down probably Friday night and Sunday with the wife. Volks and rings from VA will be doing Malone tuning.
Ah, sweet! I'm looking to get a Malone tune on my wagon while I'm there. I'm going to give them a call to see if they'd, by any chance, be willing to give me a tune without me actually having to go to the show. I spoke to one guy who said he's going to be doing tunes at the show on Saturday and Sunday but if I can avoid paying admission to the show just to get the tune, that'd be awesome lol. Thanks for posting that!

KoryVette

TDI
I think he said he will be to busy on site to do any off site. But give it a try.

KoryVette

TDI
So what about the GTG? Sat night? Say maybe 8 so the guys at the show and events could come? North end of OC somewhere?

lon_jexcen

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6SPD
Ill be there friday night and staying through the weekend. I plan on getting a malone tune on my wagon. Im pretty stoked actually.

KoryVette

TDI
So at this point it sounds like a wagon meet. That's 3

Prox

TDI
09 JSW
I'll be there!

Is there a time and location set yet? I've seen a link floating around for a facebook event but the link isn't working for me. The TDI meet was at the Ocean City Park and Ride back by the covered bridge last year (12848 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842). I though the location was pretty good, plenty of space and no other meets being held there.

KoryVette

TDI
Yes thank you. I was referring to the meet up last year. I was asking what day and time was it held so we could replicate it this year. Thus establishing a date and time for a "GTG"

Prox

TDI
09 JSW
H2Oi 2015 TDI meet

Alright I finally got the facebook group page to display. https://www.facebook.com/events/1485467388415658/

Looks like they have already set one up for 3PM Saturday. Currently they have it set to be the Walmart parking lot but I'm trying to get that changed to the Park and Ride as there are a ton of other meets at Walmart so I think it ill be a little too chaotic.

KoryVette

TDI
Sounds good let us know what the final decision is.

Prox

TDI
09 JSW
Official location changed to the Park and Ride. Now just to hope that it's not pouring on Saturday!

The link still worked for me, originally when it wasn't working I hadn't been logged in even after logging in it didn't work for a day or so. I don't use facebook much just all the meets/gtgs this year are posted on there :rolleyes:

Here's the consolidated list of gtgs if interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/851336028269087/

im no hero x

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Variant 5-spd
I was just about to post that link! :)

See you guys there! I'll be there in my candy white mk4 wagon with textured rub strips on white BBS RCs.