H-Beam Rod By Frank's TDI's

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Recently, we had a phone call from our friend and producer of our VW TDI H-beam connecting rods, Tom Molnar.

"Frank, we got a call from a guy named ***** that wanted to buy your TDI rods directly." This is the second such alert we have received.

I asked, "You mean, ***** from ********?" And he said, "Yes! That's the guy."

We have a great deal of comfort working with Tom Molnar. He is a stand-up guy who understands the business, which he has been in for about 45 years. His promise to me, which he is keeping, is that we two agreed these H-Beam rods were created under an exclusivity agreement. Our designs fit all engines from 1996 through current year models, in two versions.

The rods designed by Molnar Technologies have shown the proof in the workmanship and attention to detail. Our only issue is lead time, which is unavoidable. For those interested, we can work out volume discounts for quantity purchases. Just ask.

We are very happy to have a man working with us that is true to his word and protects our design, along with the time and cost spent to develop this project. We wish all vendors could have the same forthright relationship as we have with Tom. If any individuals or groups would like to order our connecting rods, both Tom Molnar and I agree that you should call me directly. If you contact Tom or Susan at Molnar Technologies, they will be happy to forward your request to me.

For those who have made the purchase of our rods and other designs, we thank you for your confidence in our engineering and product line.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Guess I haven't been keeping up on the latest and greatest these days. Looks like a nice product at a very competitive price.

Will be keeping these in mind for the next time I get that deep into an engine (which won't be too frequent being in California, but on occasion, it does happen).

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I put our new offering at the top of the page, but here at the end also, I will include our new PD cam bearing Moly Coat Bearings also...First the Rod Bearings..

And the PD cam journal modified bearings...

They really are pretty lil things.

purediesel

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta big build ALH, NMS B7 15' Passat EA288
What's going rate on ALH rods and whats the lead time? Also what's the status of BHW pistons?

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
$525 for the 53.7mm H-beam rods.

We carry Nural pistons. We have the following pistons in stock:

Crafter 81mm
BHW 81mm
ARL 79.5mm (one modified set)
BRM 79.5 and 79.5 +.5mm
ALH Stock and .5mm OS
ASV (small selection)

The Crafter 81mm and the BHW 81mm pistons are in stock. The difference in the two 81mm pistons is the Compression Ratio (CR) drop: 16.8 for the Crafters and 18.25 for the BHW style pistons. The Crafter pistons are reserved for the 'Going BIG' crowd. All of these pistons have an oil galley in the piston head. All pistons with an oil galley require that the oil squirts be redirected into the piston's oil galley hole.

We also have the oil galley ASV pistons for stock 79.5mm engines and new ALH pistons in stock. These pistons have the stock 19.5 CR.

All other 79.5 pistons we carry are the usual 19:1 CR you find in the BRM and BEW PD motors from '04 - '06 and are the most often chosen piston for mid-range horsepower builds for the ALH and AHU engines or rebuilds for your BRM or BEW engines.

We also have some assembled short blocks in stock. Heads are constantly coming and going. We provide a variety of custom builds, depending on a number of variables.

We recommend the bevel wrist pin combination for piston and rod, however, the square wrist-pinned pistons, like the ASV or ALH, etc. will work with the H-beam connecting rods we have developed, without issue.

There is currently no lead time on pistons or rods, as they are in stock. We designed our rods to work with all engines from 1996 through current year models. We do keep our connecting rod orders timed to try to keep ahead of current demand. More are scheduled to arrive shortly. Any special order pistons have about a 3 week lead time.

Keep in mind, for the very big builds, we are contracting with a company for the most current ceramic coatings for piston tops and cylinder heads, for those who want to reach the pinnacle. Most recent developments in Ceramics is the reduced cure temperatures and substrate coatings for adhesion that have moved us to include this in our offerings.

So, to answer someone's recent question: Are we still building cylinder heads?

Yes. And much more.

Stay tuned for the release of our exciting performance piston ring offering. 50% increase in life expectancy. Reduction of parasitic drag of around 6-8%

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
We now have in stock diesel performance rings for the 79.5 +.5mm oversize.

We are working to get Standard size and 81mm for the BHW pistons

texas

TDI
2005 mk4 jetta tdi, 99 beetle tdi, 2002 beelte tdi
Can you sell me just the cam bearings for a bew? Can't find any like this.

D-cappz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH, 6 speed, 4motion, fully loaded, leather heated interior, sunroof, steering wheel controls. Over 420,000km
Can't wait to talk more about an order.