Guru Need - King Of Prussia, PA area

JohnnyRad

TDI
2000 Golf
Hi All,

Please respond with a trusted Guru in the King Of Prussia/Philadelphia area.

2000 Golf jumps into limp occasionally. It happens when I accelerate over 65-70mph but it does not happen every time. In fact it's infrequent. I drive at highways speeds a 20-30 times/week and it will jump into limp mode 1-2 times/week.

Here is the thread that many of you responed to with great advise and I'm hoping you can now point me to a Guru.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=211618

Thanks!

John

concours

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.6 Jetta GLS 5 speed 125,000 miles, 2001.5 Jetta GLS 5-speed, Tornado Red, Monsoon w/CD changer
CEL? Codes? Cleaned your snow screen?

JohnnyRad

TDI
2000 Golf
The last code was #17965. The mechanic checked the Wastegate regulator and said it cycled properly. Vacuum lines are fine. MAF is good. N75 is ok. He brought the boost down a little to see if that would help. Like I mentioned above for the most part the car runs fantastic. It's just every once in a while that it jumps into limp. My mechanic is recommending that we lower the boost all the way down and then bring it up in increments to see if that solves it.

Any Guru's in PA/NJ/DE?

JohnnyRad

TDI
2000 Golf
Thanks for posting the Trusted Mechanics List. I'm currently using Gene's Foreign Car Service in Broomall, PA. They' re great but I'm looking for a 2nd opinion now.

JohnnyRad

TDI
2000 Golf
The latest: On my way to work this morning. I was driving for about 5 minutes before I got to the highway on-ramp. Entering the highway I was accelerating, in 4th gear going around 55mph & bam! Limp mode kicked in. It doesn't appear to have thrown a code. When this happens on the highway I just restart the car while rolling along. Not sure if this is an issue but it beats pulling to the side.

Anway, still looking for help! Have $$$, will travel & pay for Guru help...anyone out there??? Philadelphia Area.

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
it will not throw a CEL, but you may have a code.

limp mode codes are triggered by multiple events in a certain time span.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Who did you find to tune your turbo properly?