GTG Winnsboro SC Saturday July 14

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Hey Guys, i want to try to stop in, and have a little laundry list of things:

Try recoding comfort module via VCDS to make trunk unlock buttons and fuel filler door to work.
(also want to code to have remote open/close all windows, lost that functionality)

If I can find my fuel filters, time to put a new one in. Maybe do a diesel purge if necessary, don't have the fluid but if someone has extra i will buy. May need VCDS to prime filter bowl.

If anyone has Driver bit large enough for seats, need to tighten down (after recall dealer failed to tighten properly).

Need some gurus to determine next 2 items:
Diagnose if/when DMF needs to be replaced, getting noise and "slipping" feeling

BRM Cam inspection, need to see how it is holding up and when i need to think about getting replaced.

Obviously the DMF and Cam repair and service are out of the scope of this GTG, but if diagnoses and some conversation about future arrangements can be made that is what I am looking to do.

John/ATLSilverTDI

Ike T

TDI
2003 Jetta
I should arrive around noon. I am bringing an oil extractor and the Metalnerd oil filter cap socket for those that would like to use them.

I am interested in learning about VCDS and receiving opinions regarding the car's suspension during the GTG.

Last edited:

addicted

TDI
2004 Touareg TDI
Does anyone have a 1/8th NPT tap for putting in my boost gauge tomorrow? Thought I had one but all of my stuff is NF/NC and the few I have from putting in old gauges are the wrong size as well.

About a 3.5 hour drive so hope to be there by 930

addicted

TDI
2004 Touareg TDI
I appreciate it. I will bring my own drill and bits.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Better get to bet. Need to leave here around 0600.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
We really enjoyed the time spent at today's TDI meet at Midlands Biofuels. Thank you BioJoe and thanks to everyone we met for sharing your knowledge and kindness with diesel newbies like my wife and I. A few shots from today's meet:

A 1981 Pickup:

Last edited:

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the blue wagon is Patrick's car....just had that one in the shop on friday doin' a five speed conversion :D.... looks like he's parked right next to "newzboys" (Andrew) ....what's Andrew doin' to his car?

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
another good GTG, speciall thanks to Bio-Joe for his time,effort, and making his business facility available to a bunch of diesel-heads for the day....

It was nice to see old friends again and meet new folks that were first timers.

Thanks Dan for making this possible...,
Robbie, Zeb, Landon, Daniel...yall be safe
the missing- from- the action crew members....missed out on some good food and gear head conversation.

Thanks Jeff: :D not sure how I got home in record time:rolleyes:

Ike T

TDI
2003 Jetta
It was a pleasure to meet everyone. A good, relaxing day.

Special thanks to Dan for VCDS diagnostics on the Jetta and everyone who made the event happen.

RobertT

TDI
00, 01,02 beetles, 02 Jetta...flipped and totaled.04 Passat BHW
Great GTG

Thanks to Bio Joe and Dan for organizing this event. Great Job. Learned a lot about what people are doing. I like the forge intercooler, and I like the homebuilt front mount even better because of the cost. Thanks for all the help and great ideas. Rob T.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
It was a good gathering, plenty of people showed up. t was good to see old friends and make new ones.
The weather was great, for July in SC. I doubt it hit 95, and the rain was less than a tenth of an inch, with no hail.

A big hat's off to BioJoe for hosting the event. I really liked the fried fish.

Jeff Robertson and Andrew Rodriguez were there, providing tunes to all that needed them.

Daniel and Landon Grindstaff of Appalachian Diesel Work's were there to help owner's work on their cars. My hat's off to them.

Many others brought food and drinks that were quite welcome.

BioJoe will be moving the GTG to April next year. He has had enough heat, and I agree that it is a good idea.

I will still have one at my house in late January ( or so), and Appalachian Diesel Works will hold one in October.

fabed23

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta ALH - 5spd
Great first gtg. Had a lot of fun meeting new faces and learning from all those who were there. The tdi community is something else.

Hats off to those who contributed to the gtg...much appreciated!

Will be seeing everyone soon again!

Eddie

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi ~ We had a great time yesterday.
Thanks to Landon & we-don't-know-your-other's names for helping with the turbo-lag problem. Thanks to Tim for the use of your Pella to change the oil.
Kristina survived the night after her fall.
The drive home was quieter with the B80 in the tank! Thank you BioJoe!
We look forward to the next GTG.
Dean & Kristina

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Ah man sounds like a really good one wished I could have been there . This is the first one I've missed in about 6 years. Looking forward to hearing about the next one in the southeast.

Sorry I missed y'all !

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Glad you guys had a great turn out Dan. I had planned on going, but had a few of my project cars that I am working on. The guy that bought my 06 (red/black stripes) was supposed to go. I hope he went and met you guys.

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Had fun at the gtg. Thanks to Biojoe for hosting. Tour was great and food too. I got the shifter mounted this am. Had to drill out the linkage to accept the larger bolt. Shift like a champ. Met some new friends, was a good time. The Cadillac trike was something else!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Thanks to all who helped fix/diagnose my cars' many faults. Some day I hope to go to a GTG just to be around all you good people. Too many urgent repairs to be done for that right now, but I'm now a few steps closer to that goal. Thanks!:)

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Hats off to BioJoe...it was a great GTG again, thanks for the tour...and the fish, wow...really good!. Lots of good information...Thanks Dan and Zeb! I almost know how to run my VCDS! Ran some graphs on the road home...and it proved valuable, few corrections and I am back in top shape. Had a really great time!. Looking forward to the next GTG...and most probably a tune with the information I got from a few of the folks...Good to see all of you again...it is worth the trip up from PCB! Hope to see you all in the Fall.

addicted

TDI
2004 Touareg TDI
Just wanted to say I had a great time with my dad there. Loved the tour of the biodiesel plant. Got boost tapped and finished up fishing the cable in when I got home.

Thank you for the biodiesel. I think my car really liked it.

Thank to Mr. Rodriguez for tuning my Touareg. I know we had a scare with the battery. Funny timing. It is running much better and no check engine light since (though it did go into limp mode again yet no code came up on the scan at all). It has been driving great otherwise and only happened that one time.

Got about 24 MPG on the way home at 71 MPH the whole way. Not bad for a 6K pound AWD car.

Looking forward to the next one.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Another Great GTG! The weather was much better than last year and we had 5 second Ice Cream to boot too!

Next year we will have it in April some time to avoid the heat and enjoy our time together more.

My wife and I are looking for a Jetta or Golf if you guys know of a good deal or where to find one. I am ready to start tearing into these things too but my wife doesn't like the idea of me messing with her daily driver Touareg that cost $$$$$!

Look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Hitek Redneck

TDI
1x 2003 ALH Swaggerwagon
Photos from the Winnsboro GTG

I have finally finished the touch-up work on the photos... (deleting license plates). I will do my best to upload them tonight when I get home.

If you would like any untouched copies, originals, or the use of these pictures for personal gain, you are welcome to do so free-o-charge. Just PM me and I will send you the files :)

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Hitek, Those are some good pics!! Glad you took a lot! Can never have too many. Looking forward to the next GTG!