GTG Winnsboro SC Saturday July 14

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I am planning on getting a noise reducing 5th gear set (.681 or .658) for this GTG so if anyone has a 5th gear puller that fits and they could it, I would appreciate it. I have a heat gun and will make sure I get the gear oil and spring if I go with the .658.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
I'll be there! I'll be making the trip up with Robert T. (Don't know his name on the forum). I'll bring both my broken TDIs if I can trick him into driving one for me.

I'll be bringing chicken, eggs, and sausages from my free range poultry farm. I hope to donate some for meal time and the rest will be gifts/barter for any who takes the trouble to tinker with my car(s). Payment in real people money is also an option.

Here's the run-down. If you're interested in helping, send me a pm. If you'd like to barter, you can check out our products at www.fili-westfarms.com. Here it goes. Brace yourselves...

2003 Golf GL TDI (Automatic):
1) AC BROKEN. Stopped working abruptly. Worked great until a couple weeks ago. Haven't done any troubleshooting yet. Too busy on the farm.
2) VENTECTOMY NEEDED.
3) TURBO TROUBLES. Loss of power/mpgs. Previous owner took it to a VW dealership where the mechanic said the turbo was failing and would need replaced within a year or so. Hoping the turbo can be fixed rather than replaced.
4) OIL CHANGE. I still need to learn how to do this myself and buy whatever tools are needed. I'm quite a noob, as you can see. I have oil, but no filter.
5) FOLD DOWN REAR SEAT BROKEN. The larger of the 2 rear seats has a broken hinge or something preventing it from folding up and down properly.
6) ARMREST WANTED. I'd like to put an armrest in this thing if anyone has one that will match the grey interior.
7) DASH LIGHTS. They sometimes don't come on when I turn on the headlights. I then turn off the lights and turn them back on to solve the problem. This usually works, but I'd like to fix whatever the root problem is.

2000 Golf TDI GLS (Manual):
1) FUEL LEAK!!! This has been an ongoing battle. The guys at Import Service Center in Summerville (TDI Club Approved) said I have a leaking fuel tank. Robert T. and I replaced the tank with a used one in good condition and the problem is even worse than before. There is a LOT of fuel coating the underside of my car. I'd like to know where it's leaking (Is my luck truly bad enough to have TWO leaking fuel tanks???) and find out how to fix the problem.
2) FANS INOP. Both fans are inop. They spin if power is run directly to them. Replaced the fan control box (Can't remember what it's actually called). Hoping that fixing the fans will give me working AC and keep my car from overheating.
3) TIE ROD ASSEMBLIES. Both need replaced. They are rusted on pretty good. Parts are in hand.
4) CLUTCH. May need replaced. Needs diagnosed. No parts bought yet.
5) FUEL TANK STRAPS. Need new/used fuel tank straps. Mine are rusted terribly.
6) BRAKE INDICATOR LIGHT ON. Front brakes need bled. The guys at ISC told me this will likely fix it since I bled the rear brake lines without bleeding the front ones.
7) FUEL INJECTION PUMP LEAKING!!!..cough...jimbote...cough! lol. Would like to patch/repair rather than replace.

I think this pretty well covers things. Marathon post comleted! Thanks to all brave souls who read the whole thing.;)

Nathan

Bing

TDI
03' Golf GTI tdi
Havent been on here in the GTG section in a while and missed the last GTG at Dan's. .Terrydtdi told me about this and it looks like the wife and I will be able to join . .Anyone else from Charleston going and might want to join the caravan ??

TNTKNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Sounds like another great GTG. But as usual I won't be able to make it. Usually its because I'm busy trying to get folks cars done so they can have them back before the next week. This time however I will be at Lake Hartwell with my son for a wakeboard competition. I promise one of these GTG's I will make it and be able to hang out with everyone.

dieselgo

TDI
05 Jetta Wgn PD, 17 F250
I would like to attend. I need to learn a few things.

I am interested in a tune for my 03 Golf by Mr. RODRIGUEZ. Probably stage 1 since I don't have upgraded injectors, I have the DG egr pipe installed and that keeps setting codes ( even with a maf twist ). Would also like to pickup a tan console latch for an 05 PD wagon A4 body style

I have a few old parts that I can bring if anyone is interested. I swapped the tan interior on my 03 2dr golf with a lot of black GTI parts so some of the old Tan items are available.
Front buckets ( basic model, tan cloth, air bags in-tact )
Reat seats ( tan cloth )
Carpet ( tan )
Rear deck lid ( tan )
Some plastic trim in tan ( I can make a complete list if anyone is interested I have a passenger side door card, sil trim, back seat cards available but the passenger side is not in great shape )
Price - very low, how about $150 for all of it

Working but dirty EGR unit and cooler - $75

Passenger side rear view mirror in black - $20

I have a few bently shop manuals: ( I picked up a hard cover manual so these can go at a reasonable price) how about $20 each?
1) A4 soft cover ~ purchased in 2004
1) A5 jetta soft cover ~ purchased in 2005 ( oops I needed the A4 PD version for the wagon )

I just replaced the cooling fans on the 03 golf so I have a small fan that still works, a large broken fan ( if you need brackets or the fan blade, the motor died ), and the large plastic housing that they bolt to on the radiator. ( I picked up the complete kit from Autozone but pulled the fans off to install, seemed easier than trying to pull the entire unit) ~ $20

Thanks!

I think this was my first post but I have been using the great info on this forum for many years.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Bad news. Waggin went into the hospital this morning to repair the bambi damage. That pretty much spiked this trip. I'd be ashamed in my Sentra rental....

Good news. Eric will have a new engine this weekend unless the heat is too oppressive.

Y'all have fun!!!

Bruce

ReferenceDesign

Veteran Member
Hi Dan
I will be there this weekend. Got any hotel recomendations? Bringing the LN2 and electrical stuff for whoever needs it.

I will also be bringing the smart actuator slope inverter bread board and the one in-line I promised to someone but lost their contact info. If you know them have them show up.

Post any special electrical wants or special tool requests and I will try to accomodate. I will be staying Sunday as well.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Bora parts was out of the washer for the .658 5th gear. Does anyone have the smaller sized washer they can bring or one they can modify for me? They are sending me another stock washer but if I don't get it by Wednesday, I will not be able to turn it on the lathe to be ready for Saturday.

Terry, I have your spacers ready and modified for you. You can get them from me Saturday.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I would like to attend. I need to learn a few things.

I am interested in a tune for my 03 Golf by Mr. RODRIGUEZ. Probably stage 1 since I don't have upgraded injectors.

If you're not registered for a tune, there might not be time do your's on Saturday, I'm taking care of some tunes of Friday make Saturday easier.
please register here

Forgot to mention this :eek::D

I'm bringing....

Loaded injectors with PP764's Balanced and calibrated by KermaTDI
(includes new fuel lines and copper injector seals) Stage 2 Spring Settings
Loaded injectors with Sprint 520's Balanced and calibrated by KermaTDI
(includes new fuel lines and copper injector seals) Stage 2 Spring Settings

Brand new, in the box,

Power Plus PP520's not loaded
Sprint 520's not loaded
and
maybe PP764's not loaded, no promises.
(injector seals included with all of these)

I will also have:

Glove box latch repair kits
glove box hinges
Jetta Hood pull tabs with quick pins
A4 serpentine belt tensioner struts
Unbreakablle Armrest Lid hinges
*New* Unbreakable Armrest Lid Latches, sans the springs...darn spring maker....

Jetta Trunk Latch Brackets

and who know what else

Last edited:

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Bora parts was out of the washer for the .658 5th gear. Does anyone have the smaller sized washer they can bring or one they can modify for me? They are sending me another stock washer but if I don't get it by Wednesday, I will not be able to turn it on the lathe to be ready for Saturday.

Terry, I have your spacers ready and modified for you. You can get them from me Saturday.
David, I hate to say it but I going to have to miss this one. The wife and I are taking Wednesday thru Sunday off and going to N. Georgia to visit with family. I can get the spacers from you when I get back or maybe Tuesday night 7-10-12 if you have them ready. Thank you for taking care of that for me.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I am feeling much better. Almost caught up with PM's.

See you all Saturday. We will miss you guys that cannot make it.

Especially Paramedick, Jimbote, and TerryTDI.

Hitek Redneck

TDI
1x 2003 ALH Swaggerwagon
Howdy all

Howdy all!

I may be able to make it saturday to help out (I will know for sure by thursday night).

Btw, if anyone coming to the GTG has a yakima/thule roof rack that will install over factory rails, or a roof-top cargo box you are looking to sell (i am looking for both), PM me and we can talk about it. I would much rather buy locally and avoid a wild goose chase that would keep me from making the gathering.

I will bring my small tool kit when I come, and I will plan on helping out with VAG-COM and food as usual. I can also step and fetch with the best of 'em.

DanG144's official offspring,

Hitek Redneck.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Howdy all!

I may be able to make it saturday to help out (I will know for sure by thursday night).

Btw, if anyone coming to the GTG has a yakima/thule roof rack that will install over factory rails, or a roof-top cargo box you are looking to sell (i am looking for both), PM me and we can talk about it. I would much rather buy locally and avoid a wild goose chase that would keep me from making the gathering.

I will bring my small tool kit when I come, and I will plan on helping out with VAG-COM and food as usual. I can also step and fetch with the best of 'em.

DanG144's official offspring,

Hitek Redneck.
PM sent

ReferenceDesign

Veteran Member
I am not sure what this is? Do I bring food, beer or just some used oil?? haha

I am a new owner of a TDI Jetta... The one with the black racing stripes. I have orded a key and have VAGCDS on the way from RossTech will anyone be able to help with setting up the immobilizer?

Thanks,

BP
I will be bringing several china interfaces that have extracted SKCs in the past. Does not work on all imo. Vag-com can finish the key sync if the code is correct.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Mr Rodriguez, how much are the jetta hood pull tabs?

Is the nice gentleman who came from the dealer in FL coming again, need help with setting a key (imobilizer) to my car.

Do we have prices on the bio posted?

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
GTG @ Biodiesel Plant Question round up..

Tuners will get first dibs on spots to set up as they will need power to run their equipment. I'd like to save concrete space for working on cars since most tuning work is done on a table and PC.

Tents are welcome and can be set up as you like.

We have lots of room for everyone to come and play. I have just finished steam pressure washing all concrete so everyone has clean places to lay and work. We have a car lift inside the plant that is made for tire changes so it is a chest height lift.

We have fans to keep things cool. Weather should be really nice with the cooler temps rolling in from all these storms. Supposed to be around 90F. We have ample shaded parking in a grass lot next to the plant that just had the grass cut yesterday.

As for food: I could use a little help in this department. I plan to have a Southern Fried Food to Fuel menu. Fish, Corn Dogs, Fresh veggies, Fries, Hush Puppies, and anything else you care to fry. I can also grill some items too if needed. Please Bring SIDES- Cole slaw, potato salad, rolls, anything you can think of. I will not turn down food!!

Biodiesel is currently $3.45 per gallon for B20 and $3.40 for B80. I am trying to work out how to price B100 for those that want it. Problem is if we do not blend Petro-Diesel in with the Bio we make the Gov't won't give us any $$. That is right we are forced to blend by the Gov't. Anyhow, last year I offered a 3:1 ratio on cooking oil:Biodiesel exchange. Last year we had so much oil donated I was giving Biodiesel away. So bring all the cooking oil you can find. NO Petro-Based fluids can be used to make Bio!!! However, if you have them feel free to bring them as we do have a recycling method in place for them. No fuel exchange on perto fluids though. It would have to be 40:1 to do an exchange.

Lodging: Ramada 6173 SC Hwy 34, Ridgeway 29130 (803) 337-7575 This is the nicest place. There is a Days Inn but the rates are about the same but the lodging isn't as nice. Days Inn 1894 Us Highway 321 (800)225-3297.

We will be selling T-Shirts too. All sales both fuel and t-shirts are cash or check.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Walking out the door. Bringing a 16ft camper to work in. Save me a level spot. I'll be staying in griffin ga so I might be a bit late. Dropping off mom to see her brother. Jeff

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I am in Winston Salem, NC, My turbo oil supply line for my 2004 golf broke today, is there a guru in this area? Someone who has one on hand?