GTG Toronto GTA for August

Big 1

Veteran Member
Ok Vik,
I'll see you in front of me on the way up but behind me on my way back with the new chip (if it gets installed). I heard there is a hoist, is this true? What time is it finishing up at. I am also bringing sausages and buns.
condoms you gotta provide yourself.

Jake

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Speedo Yea right dont think so maybe in my youths

anyways sausages and buns are on track

going to meet up with tdiman03 in Barrie ( right?)

and Bigone on the way down right

and join in at 25 and 401 for 8 am for the convoy if there

still there

got the intercooler in and running

Supposed to be a nice day for us folks there

Tazz

TDIMan03

TDI
2003 Jetta Platnum Grey
Hey Tazz, Timmys at 6:30, will be no problem. I'll be bringing some of my tools with me.Torque wrenchs and so forth. I know your pain about the coolant, just picked some up today, I nearly fell over when he handed me the bill

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I can supply a bunch of plastic plates...

As well, my wife picked up a couple of Pecan pies... in case someone will want a different dessert....

The only special tools I've got are the Maheu (sp?) clamp pliers, in case someone plans on looking at their intercooler... (also, the rear brake piston tool I just got...)

Hopefully I'll be able to get up early enough to join the convoy...

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
Jake...you can dream
but eventually, you will need to wake up and face reality...and MY REAR BUMPER

I hope yu have your sunglasses b/c i shined up that exhaust tip to a mirror like reflection

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Whats that, you polished your pipe?!?!

Oh yeah, the wife is 7 months now. I guess your doing a lot of that these days

Anyway, I am just getting all my things together for tomorrow. The ass end is sitting low with all the crap I have in the back of that thing.

I have an extra 5 liters of Duron if anyone wants it.

Here is what I have lined up for the day...

1) Oil & filter change - Me
2) Fuel filter change - also me
3) GLI lip install - Yep, me again
4) Microswitch surgury (time permitting)
5) PP520 nozzle install - Rich
6) CAT fuel filetr install - Rich (time permitting)
7) Pierburg MAF install - Daves friend

That should keep me busy for a while.

Off to finish packing.

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Well, as usual,another great GTG. Thanks Brian for providing a great location for all of the cars that turned out today. And again the food was more than plentiful.

I can't wait to see some of Paul's pics posted as I am sure he snapped quite a few good ones

Hopefully nobody got any tickets on the way home
( I know I came close on one occasion).

Looking forward to the next one.

MacGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta, black
I concur, two thumbs up!

Another thank you for Brian & the location hosts. Megan had a blast with the horses

Deborah's getting a back rub tonight for cooking for us

Thank you tdimeister & Toronto Vento for the hammer mod, I really don't notice a power decrease, but a DEFINITE smoke decrease!
Code Blue how was your trip home, did the people following you appreciate the mod as much as the ones behind me??

...and I wonder if the gentleman working on the Neon hood is done yet...

codeblue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Vento GLX TDI
I took a couple pics at the beginning, I'll post a few! :

The H20 Hummer:

I like this one, I call it, "Same Fuel, Different Species":

Front shot:

Bum Shot:

And a dazzling pic:

My IQ is set pretty good for smoke now (props to TDIMeister and Toronto Vento), I only let out a haze at a good WOT run. Unfortunately now I have a seriously annoying shudder that I didn't find during the test drive. At exactly 2600rpm in 5th my car will shake violently... after that its smooth though. I Dunno whats going on. Anyway, good gtg, met some new ppl and learned some new things, hope to see ya'll at fest. Peace!

RichCA

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL, 2002, Red
Great meet. Gotta thank Nigel for the injector nozzles and CAT filter install. Also to Vic for making sure Nigel stayed on his toes during the CAT filter install.
Also, Milena loved both Vic and Paul's cars. Although she still likes Viks more. Maybe the new program would have changed her mind. Thanks Paul for at least getting her to like Red Golf's, now I have to listen to how much nicer yours is then mine.
Make sure you post some Pics Paul!

Lates,

Rich

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
All RED golfs are za bomb.. when not eating truck tires like me... It was nice meeting you guys and have a great trip out west.. been years since I hit BC so enjoy the mountains for me..

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
POSSSSTT WHOOORRRIIIIN...

Big props to Tax for the software.. so far so good. .when I get my bumper back on I will evaluate further.. holding 18PSI tight at WOT..

RichCA

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL, 2002, Red
After seeing that pic, I really have to get the dent fixed on my car

Milena really wants to get her car painted that new VW grey for the next meet.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Outstanding GT, guys & gals !!!!

I don't know if Brian's intake cleaning was contagious, but.. I had trouble keeping my car under 150 going home... (perhaps it was my brake lube job being jealous and expanding itself to include the pads and rotors... nah...)

'Twas also nice to see the impromptu timing belt change... next time I'd like to see someone attempt it without any tools whatsoever

Thanks yet again, Brian - and all the other participants !!!

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
great gtg...thx to B and the hosts for holding this for us...nice bbq.

hopefully y'all had an UN-eventful drive home...we as you might have heard had a mishap..well Paul (aka dropfrog) did...alls well considering....could have been much worse...

Rich & Milena...have a safe trip out west, be sure to take plenty pics...

Did anybody happen to see me get on the on ramp for the 401 east bound while leaving the GTG..Gord that was for you

c u all at the next one...

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
So right Vik.. the guy behind me got a new rubberized hood ornament.. Big rig textured Euro bumper!?

He got rubberninated...

Thanks to the family that held this event.. beautifull place and great people..

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Ill have to add my 2 c as well

Thanks Brian for the hosting and as it turned out a Great

GTG for those who missed it.. Awesome !!

Great BBQ and LOTs of FOOOD!!!!!!

The weather turned out great for us too and alot of tweaks

where done one way or another where was done and all

sucsessfully.

Even the timing belt eh???

luv those pic's too

Tazz

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Excellent GTG. Thanks Brian for hosting! Great location. Lots of open space for walking, working, and testing out mods on the less busy roads there.

Thanks to Dave for the injector loan, and for Nigel for pulling my ass out of the fire when one of my injector bolts snapped. Sheesh! That was a little harry for a while. BTW, Canadian Tire is useless for metric bolts. And where the heck are you guys getting the 10-8 bolts? I happened to be at Home Depot this morning as I was out trying to tune the PP520s on my A3. Even they have only 8-8's.

For those who are wondering, I think that the PP520s ARE tunable on an A3, but it'll take a lot of work. I have my stockers back in, as I want to see how the rocketchip is set up. If I don't like it, I guess I'll have to look at injectors again. I have an issue or two with the way I would have to set up my system for the 520s, so I would have to resolve that first.

Anyhow, back to the GTG, great food, great company, and a great showing. Was fun to hear/see some rubber being left on the road there. Great to talk to a lot of the people there and hearing opinions/getting ideas.

Big 1

Veteran Member
Hey guys,
I would like to thank you to all that showed up for this great pre-tdi fest
Me and my seemingly hungover friend Steve had a great time. Thanks Tazz for the new "PHat injector program". car is running much smother and alot more efficent (1100kms and i still have 1/4tank left).

Thanks Brian for having yet another one! The cruise and the food was great. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Jake

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
I am glad to see everyone had a great time. I appologize for not taking pictures as I had promised. My camera sat on the bench pretty well the whole time while I did my manifold cleaning, MAF Change, EGR Buster(or what you called it Tazz?) and an oil change, plus all the mingling I tried to throw in. I even forgot to take an after picture of the nice cleaned out Manifold before I reinstalled it
I'll post pictures tommorow that I did take.

Special thanks to
Tazz for EGR Install and price on MAF, oil filter
Dave for getting me the Oil
Brenda for Cooking and the yummy cookies
Nigel for the help doing my Manifold and lend of the Pela

Thanks to everyone that showed up and I really enjoyed meeting you all. Looking forward to the next big GTG.

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
I also forgot to ask a question, I was talking to someone at the GTG about an A piller for guages that they have on order. They said they would post the link for where they got it as I would like to buy one for some new guages I would like to install.

Thanks

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
Here are the pics.

My very dirty engine

Me pulling it apart for cleaning (lots of direction from Nigel)

The dirty manifold (not that bad so some say?)

MacGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta, black
Deborah (aka Brenda
) says you're quite welcome for the cooking & snacks. She had a fun day, and got a lot less sunburn than I did

I wonder if Tazz finished the bucket 'o cookies he took home?

Do you notice a difference in performance or anything with your nice shiny clean intake?

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
Oops
Sorry Deborah, until I meet ya a couple of times, I tend to screw up the names
Especially keeping track of TDI names and real names. The car is running great. Hard to tell which item did the best for me though (cleaning or the MAF)? Next one I'm going to though I want to find out all about the torsion bars in the engine compartment and underneath the rear. See ya all later