GTG Toronto GTA for August

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Well were in the heat of summer now folk and it wont last

long,

These GTG's are start to out do them selves..lol

Anyways London ways is looking for GTG ( VWScully )

and see what else pops up,

Long weekend should be out for the family GTG?

Tazz

Big 1

Veteran Member
ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!!!!!!
I'll hit it for sure, but london is a lil far! Keep me posted guys, I'm down for some more tuning lol.
Jake

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Another one at Gerry's near London would be SWEET!
@ Gerry...

CrazedTDI

TDI
2001 Silver VW Golf TDI GLS
Is anyone up for a long weekend (next weekend) GTG? Or should we start planning for the weekend after? I know Im down for a GTG, I may have a TT short shifter to install and some serious intake cleaning :p

Big 1

Veteran Member
crazedtdi,
how many km on the car? I am going to do mine probably next month before school starts at a gtg. Its a really dirty job so wear old clothes. Also be prepared to cap the ccv and clean the intercooler.

Jake

CrazedTDI

TDI
almost 80,000k and I got the car used. Im very sure that it needs a good cleaning. Im gonna try to get a TT shifter this week so Im gonna need to put that on as well
Any of the weekends work for me, as long as we figure it out in advance before I start making plans.

BTW, I've never cleaned the intake before so I'm gonna need some pointers. Not afraid to get good and dirty though, bring on the grim!!

VW_Jedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS, Silver with Black Leather
I spotted Tazz this morning on Hwy 11 south of Orillia. You probably didn't recognize me when I waved since I was driving my work car (blue Taurus).

Coop

Maialetto

piglet...where the hell have you been hiding?

whats the latest...have u turbo'd the CRV?
The CRV got rear ended on the 407 in March by some guy doing 160km/h who didn't notice it. Lots of details if you really want to know. April was turbo time. It got written off and Bella is in therapy and taking lots of meds. At least she has a 2004 TDI 5speed Tip loaded now.

CrazedTDI

TDI
Hi-Jacking this post back. Who here is interested in a GTG first or second week of August. Whomever is, please reply with the weekend which is best, and where you want the GTG held (or would be willing to travel to). Seems to be a lean for London right now, but lets see if there is any interest for other places.

TigBounce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver TDI Beetle
I am very interested if it's in the London area. I am sitting at 95K on the 01NB and will most likely be looking to do a TB change. The last GTG at Gerry's was awesome and I have not stopped grinning since Tazz installed my chip.

CrazedTDI

TDI
How about something like a London - Port Stanley Cruise/GTG on Civic Monday in August??

-------------------------------------------

Well, then let's have one! We can meet at the Liquidation World parking lot on Wellington Rd. S. in London (just off the 401 across the road from CostCo.) around 1:00pm? Then we can head to the beach and maybe share a few beverages and talk diesel at GTs by the Beach!
What do y'all think?

hey all, don't know if any of you could help me out, but i live in buffalo (stones throw from N.F.) and have been contemplating taking my 2000 TDI to the dealer for a TB change. if theres any chance you guys have any expertise/experience or advice for a TB change i'd really appreciate it. in any event i'd be in on a GTG if you'll be around the Niagara Falls area or Southern Ontario.

Well, the reason I chose this date is so we could combine it with the LVW Club and have some old skool air cooled Dubs join us on our Cruise I will also be attending a Bus Campout for a week in Mid August, hence this date for the GTG. So, anyone who can make it is Welcome!
These are a couple qoutes from the other thread about a SW GTG. Seems like we have to people needing a TB change a couple people needing to do some intake cleaning. And a reason for doing it on the Civic Monday. How many people are in? Does anyone know a good place where we could host it?

TigBounce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver TDI Beetle
The Port Stanley Cruise/GTG on Civic Monday in August thing sounds great. I'll be there however I will not be prepared to do my TB change this weekend but that's Ok. I still need to get the parts I'll need. I can get Gerry to give me a hand later I'm sure.

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
TAZZ, I would love to make one of these GTG's but the timing has been bad for me. My suggestion would be for August 21st! This give eveyone enough time to plan around for it. I would also love to offer my photography services to document any work that will be taking place (you know, a step by step picture documentary). I really need to change my MAF and probably clean end to end on the EGR etc. I have bought a new EGR Cooler to swap out too. My Nikon D100 camera with Macro lens will do a great job for the pictures! I could probably put some of this onto DVD's or CD's for people interested in the cost of the DVD/CD. I would also like to find out about getting chipped or??? Maybe even find out about VAGCOM......oh so much to learn. Anyway, August 21st is my vote.

CrazedTDI

TDI
Tig I'm really sorry man but it looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it. Turns out my friends were planning a camping trip and weren't able to get a hold of me till now. I hope I didn't mess up your plans, I'm down for a big GTG on the 21st though!!!

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Sounds Like the 21st weekend or something

Longweekend was too close and too busy anyways..

I havent heard from London ways if we can do one there

again. ( would be Nice )

Yes yes I did see you bud but didnt like the car your

driving so I sort of tried to keep my distance from you.

lol didnt want to catch anything......

Tazz

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
21st would be sweet, I'll be able to make that (only Saturday in August that's free 4 me)!

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
I'll be checking into a place that has lots of parking and a garage and lift for the 21st Right near Putnam (close to the last London GTG - Dorchester) I'll keep you posted if we can use it.

TigBounce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver TDI Beetle
Oh man, that would be awesome if you could arrange it so we have a place to work. I bit the bullet and ordered the complete timing belt and water pump kit from Dieselgeek this morning so I think I will be ready to go. Are there any fluids or anything else I need to pick up besides what is included in the kit I ordered?

Do you know if the required specialty tools needed will be available or do I need to make arrangements with someone to bring a set with them or that I could pick up and borrow? I am not sure who besides DieselDazzler has them but if someone does, and they would be willing to bring them along or loan them out for several hours, could you please chime in and let me know.

I believe there was another person who had a TB change to do when we were discussing getting together last weekend, but since that fell through, I am not sure if they completed the job already or not.

Let me know what I need to do to help pull this all together.

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
The 21st sounds great. I think I will try to make this one as well.

Tazz, will you have the software, etc for the PD by then? I think I can convince Nicole that we NEED a chip

Big 1

Veteran Member
Oh man, that would be awesome if you could arrange it so we have a place to work. I bit the bullet and ordered the complete timing belt and water pump kit from Dieselgeek this morning so I think I will be ready to go. Are there any fluids or anything else I need to pick up besides what is included in the kit I ordered?

Do you know if the required specialty tools needed will be available or do I need to make arrangements with someone to bring a set with them or that I could pick up and borrow? I am not sure who besides DieselDazzler has them but if someone does, and they would be willing to bring them along or loan them out for several hours, could you please chime in and let me know.

I believe there was another person who had a TB change to do when we were discussing getting together last weekend, but since that fell through, I am not sure if they completed the job already or not.

Let me know what I need to do to help pull this all together.
Joe has to do a timing belt also. i'll let him know about the gtg.

Jake

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Where is Joe these days? I shot an email at him last week and no response. I could call him, but that's so 1900s.
Probably still at the cottage with the les...... nevermind.