GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Dan, Deb, and Zeb,

Thanks for a great GTG! It was a great event once again. Appreciate Zeb checking my 2009 codes and ensuring that after 60k, I am still doing well (got to be some wood here somewhere...). Learned quite a bit once again from Landon and Bruce on VW tech support...the wizards were at it again and some good information from Pete at Gunther. The BBQ was fantastic...and I can assure Wade that indeed "no sauce needed", nothing like great Carolina BBQ. Leslie sends her thanks and had a great time looking over the shoulders to see what was going on...and wants to know when the next one comes around. I may have a TDI convert on our hands... Again, thanks for a hosting a great GTG...and we hope to have a job by the time the next one rolls around.

Mike

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
Yes, it was a great GTG. I came up primarily to get my Rocketchip tune modified for the EGR delete that I did. I knew my motor had a funny sound but when Jeff listened to it and then removed the outlet of the turbo hose on the intake side and said "you have a bad cam" I knew I had a problem. Then Bruce, and others (sorry I didn't remember all names) removed the valve cover and verified the cam was bad. I drove it back to the Atlanta area and the motor didn't sound any worse when I got home than when we listened to it at Dan's. Hopefully today I will start the tear down and confirm if the valve stems are rounded off. It they are not I am only replacing the cam and not rebuilding the head.

There were lots of knowledgeable folks at this GTG, which is always a plus, and our host had a great facility to hold it.

I look forward to the next one.

The other GTG's that I have been to are Old Navy (three), and Impex in Maryland (two)

MKIInut

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Spice Red
What a great time I had. Thanks to Dan,Debbie, Zeb and all the others who contributed to the great eats It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
It was great seeing the TDI swaps on the Corrado and Tacoma as well as the caddy pickup.. Hope to make it to the next GTG in Asheville,Chapin or Winnesboro.

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
I arrived late sat afternoon but the place was still packed heard there was 60+csrs there(wow), always good to see old friends and meet new faces. Was glad to help Landon with a oil pan protector michelle with a cat delete. Michelle got a late nite rocketchip upgrade on her preety beatle and glad she liked it. i diagnosed a boost leak in my own car thanks to Landon one of the few TDI mechanics I would allow to work on my own car. Thanks to Dan Debbie and Zeb for hosting another heads down wrenching GTG I know that lots of folks got alot of work, help and education at this GTG. Dan's GTG are taking on a reputation as a place to learn and get help for your tdi his Passion for tdi's is clearly evident in his knowledge, willingness to help owners and hosting GTG's and the fact that such talented mechanics/gurus like Bruce Bowling and Landon Grindstaff and sons come come to help out and one of the great TDI tuners Jeff Robertson of Rocketchip always showup.
Those of you that missed this one you were missed and should make plans for the summer GTG in winnsboro,sc great site and great hosts and a wonderful manufacturer of biodiesel.

Last edited:

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Thank You to all who made this newbie feel welcomed at Dan's GTG!:)

Dan is an excellent host. All the guests I spoke with were eager to give advice and/or assistance (LOTS of assistance). It was a pleasure to meet all of you. I hope I can make it to the next one. Maybe I can bring a fresh pasture-raised turkey to the October GTG. Wish me luck!;)

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Dan, Deb, and Zeb, Thank you very much for another great GTG. Wade, and your brother (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) that was another great pig!
Always enjoy seeing all of the regulars, and the newcomers. Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you!

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Dan, The GTG was a great one. Thanks for hosting it! The food was awesome and had a heck of a turnout. Learned a lot. It was a nice cruise in the red rocket. Thank again sir!!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Sweatman's! YUMMY! We'll see about that, Elfnmagik.

We raise Pastured Layer Hens, Broiler Chickens, and Turkeys for the Charleston area primarily. We sell mostly at the Mt Pleasant Farmers Market. We'll need to get some restaurant contracts soon, though. We're growing steadily and need new sales outlets. Wish us luck!:)

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
Man I do miss the camaraderie of the TDI community... I may have still have to make a cameo appearance. I promise, I'll park down the street :)

I only now just saw this thread, otherwise I would have been game last weekend!