GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
B4 manuals wanted

B4 bentley manuals wanted

If you have a set of the B4 bentley service manual, and you would like to pass it along to a needy bloke,
I'm your hucklyberry.

send PM, please!

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I just spoke with Jeff Robertson (RocketChip) he is packing up, driving down tomorrow.

We will not do a VCDS seminar on Friday night. When we check out the cars on Saturday, we'll let the guys who want to learn do it with some coaching.

The pop tester that Landon brings will work on ALH and B4 diesels.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Here are some parts I'd like in order to get some work done at the GTG. If anyone has them, please bring them for me or message me about possibly selling them to me. Thanks.

1) Replacement antenna (No style preference. Mine is simply broken).

2) Beige glove box for a 2000 Golf (Upgraded 02-03 type preferred).

3) Drivers side mirror (Mine has a mystery discoloration).

4) Screws to secure bottom of drivers door panel (The last guy to take the door panel off lost them).

5) Whatever is needed to delete my EGR (Pretty certain I want this done, but am ignorant of what extra parts, if any, are needed to make it happen).

6) Whatever adhesive is used on the trim directly below the passenger windows. The black film covering has peeled back from the r.r. window, exposing the foam beneath. UNSIGHTLY! :(

Anything that can't be brought to the GTG will still need to be acquired some time. So any leads on where to get this stuff would be helpful. Thanks for the assist, everyone!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Tools packed, bags packed, junk packed, minor repairs on wagon caught up (horns no longer sounds like ruptured cow, boost path has new seals/new lower hose, driver's door pull now actually works!!)

We'll be out of here ~0900. PM before then if you need something off the parts shelf.

Bruce

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Well out of the way for the gtg, but there is a bio processing/mixing plant outside of Aiken, SC. IIRC, you can get D2 or B100. I guess you could do your own blend by putting x gallons of B100 and then adding y gallons or D2. The pumps are unmanned, so will only accept credit cards.

There is also a station selling B20 in Pittsboro, NC

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Midlands Biofuels in Winnsboro, SC makes B100, usually sells B80 at a fuel pump on site. It is about a 40 minute drive from my house. BIOJOE is one of the owners. He is not normally open on Saturday, but may be willing to open for us, if we set it up in advance, and any interested parties go at the same time.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I will be cleaning up around the shop all day today. Drop ins are welcome.
If you do stop by, you may be put to work.

Landon and Daniel will be here about mid-afternoon. Landon turbinewhine may work on his car a bit. I expect Jimmy Jimbote to drop by, Thomas BoiseTDI to show up some time, Bruce Paramedick, Robbie dieselfueler, not sure how many others to show up this afternoon.

We'll have pizza about 6 or 7, and expect to lose your host about 8pm or so. I go to bed early. It apalls my wife that I walk off and leave my guests - but I do. There is often a crowd still working on cars or just shooting the breeze when I go to bed.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Here are some parts I'd like in order to get some work done at the GTG. If anyone has them, please bring them for me or message me about possibly selling them to me. Thanks.

1) Replacement antenna (No style preference. Mine is simply broken).

2) Beige glove box for a 2000 Golf (Upgraded 02-03 type preferred).

3) Drivers side mirror (Mine has a mystery discoloration).

4) Screws to secure bottom of drivers door panel (The last guy to take the door panel off lost them).

5) Whatever is needed to delete my EGR (Pretty certain I want this done, but am ignorant of what extra parts, if any, are needed to make it happen).

6) Whatever adhesive is used on the trim directly below the passenger windows. The black film covering has peeled back from the r.r. window, exposing the foam beneath. UNSIGHTLY! :(

Anything that can't be brought to the GTG will still need to be acquired some time. So any leads on where to get this stuff would be helpful. Thanks for the assist, everyone!
You may be able to get the antenna off of the wreck. Maybe even the driver's side mirror. The screws we should be able to find as well.

If you block off your EGR you will get a CEL unless you get a tune that deletes it.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
I will be cleaning up around the shop all day today. Drop ins are welcome.
If you do stop by, you may be put to work.

Landon and Daniel will be here about mid-afternoon. Landon turbinewhine may work on his car a bit. I expect Jimmy Jimbote to drop by, Thomas BoiseTDI to show up some time, Bruce Paramedick, Robbie dieselfueler, not sure how many others to show up this afternoon.

We'll have pizza about 6 or 7, and expect to lose your host about 8pm or so. I go to bed early. It apalls my wife that I walk off and leave my guests - but I do. There is often a crowd still working on cars or just shooting the breeze when I go to bed.
Cool! Were you ever in the Navy?? Serve on Submarines?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Good to know. Jeff was coming down with only one confirmed customer - that is quite a committment. I was hoping more customers would show up for him.

BioJoe will bring some cubies of B80 for folks; I will buy what is left over. Someone else will want it sometime. If anyone wants a bunch, let me know.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Hi Dan, Kristina and I will take some biodiesel if the price is reasonable, about 30-40 gals. Should we bring our own five gal containers or are the cubies take home?
See ya tomorrow,
Dean

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Sounds good! I had heard about the EGR delete CEL. That is one reason I'm considering getting a tune tomorrow. I'll need to pick some well-informed brains to make my final decision, though.

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
either. I'd like B100, but will do B5-20 also. If there's any around, I'll bring some 5 gal cans to get some.
In addition to the B100 cubes BioJoe is bringing, there is also a Murphy station that sells B20 from the pump on I-77 at Killian if you're coming that way. And for folks coming up I-26 from I-95 there's another Murphy selling B20 (WalMart) at Bush River.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
You guys are going to have great weather tomorrow! 66°F and sunny! :cool:

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Not B100, B80.

The cubies are to take; he would like to get them into use, sort of recycling them.

The price is $3.60 per gallon - about 10 cents below D2 around here.

retmil46

TDI
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD, 87 MB 300D Turbo
Looks like I'll have to pass on this one, even though it's only a 2 hour drive.

Went into work this morning, turned around and just took a step to start walking towards the truck I was working on - BAM!! - just like someone flipped a switch and suddenly I had sharp pain shooting up both sides of my lower back - so bad I could barely hobble 20 feet over to the lunch table - plant nurses had to come in their small electric stretcher cart to transport me to their medical station.

It improved just enough after a half-hour or so that I could even halfway walk, much less work, so I said to heck with it and went home and then to the doctor.

Doc says it's a definite possibility of a ruptured disc, but given the symptoms thinks it's mainly muscular right now - gave me some type of shot and a prescription for ibuprofen, said to come back Monday if it wasn't better.

Don't think I'm going to be doing much of anything this weekend.:(

N41EF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf, 2009 ML 320, 2006 NB, 2001 NB
I had sent Jeff an email about tuning, interested but no clue as to cost and such.

Who else is a bubblehead?

retmil46

TDI
645, 647, 727, 728 here - in the back of the bus - an effin nuke.;)

I did spend two years on the AS-31, moored in the middle of Holy Loch Scotland. Was there during the Falklands War, watched the Brits show once again why there "will always be an England".

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
This submariner talk is probably off-putting to most of the attendee's. Just a bit more. USS Seadragon 584, USS Ethan Allen 608.

Landon and Daniel are here, helped me with some cleanup, Mike stopped by, Barry Maurauder, Bruce Paramedick, Eric, Rachel, Steve Piper109.

piper109

Veteran Member
645, 647, 727, 728 here - in the back of the bus - an effin nuke.;)

I did spend two years on the AS-31, moored Sotsin the middle of Holy Loch Scotland. Was there during the Falklands War, watched the Brits show once again why there "will always be an England".
Tread carefully there. The Scots dont like to be aligned with the English;-)

retmil46

TDI
Tread carefully there. The Scots dont like to be aligned with the English;-)

Tell me about it! Grandma's maiden name was Abernethy.:D

Back is still giving me fits this evening. Better not risk the drive, even if I am feeling good in the morning - my luck it'd end up going south to the point I couldn't manage to get back in the Jeep. That, and taking 100 mg ibuprofen horsepills 3 times a day, doesn't make for good odds.

CinRG

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I'm bringing at least 2 5 gal cans for bio.

FYI - someone mentioned Pittsboro, NC - There is actually a B100 processing facility there. I've gotten fuel from them b4. That's where my wife is from so we go there quite often. In fact, we're heading there Sunday. But the Facility is closed on Sunday. :(

Last edited:

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
I wish I could be there! My head gasket is going to be replaced by Daniel next week though. I'd hate to blow the car up to kingdom come just to make it down to the GTG. Dan, I trust Daniel to bring my hose clamp tool back to me if it's still around. I think it's been at least a year since I've seen it!