GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
Hey Dan put me down for 10gals...just have my wife load it into the back of the van...when she is done serving lunch....Airwolf are you out there???? ROFL...Waiting for delayed Phoenix flight...now 0245 EST departure but still gonna make the GTG...I just wont remember being there I will be so jetlagged. Will probably wake up Sunday morning wondering where the hell i got all this bar-b-cue stuck in my teeth.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
I'm bringing at least 2 5 gal cans for bio.

FYI - someone mentioned Pittsboro, NC - There is actually a B100 processing facility there. I've gotten fuel from them b4. That's where my wife is from so we go there quite often. In fact, we're heading there Sunday. But the Facility is closed on Sunday. :(
Not to worry they have several sites open 24/7 ...one on pittsboro moncure road about ten miles from the plant that dispenses B100 :)

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Hope everyone enjoys safe travels and some good BBQ. I'm in Pigeon Forge working a 3 day music festival. Wish I was wrenching instead!

hgdmartin

TDI
2006 Jetta, DSG 266K
I hope everyone has a wonderful time at the GTG; it will certainly be a beautiful day. I will not be attending, as my children have a very important swim meet today in the upstate. My wife and I help with the meet coordination and the timing.

Dan and Bruce (DidJettaRun) - my car is performing flawlessly since the cam and TB change last Fall. I am really liking this car. Thanks so much for the help you gave. You all are the best.!!
You all have fun.

David in Spartanburg
2006 Jetta DSG, now 170K miles

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Coffee's on, biscuits are hot.
We've been puttering around for an hour or two.

If you are coming today, and not having any work done, park down near the road, in the woods on either side of the drive. If you see no obstructions (trees or branches) it is a good parking surface under all the leaves.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Back pain

Tell me about it! Grandma's maiden name was Abernethy.:D

Back is still giving me fits this evening. Better not risk the drive, even if I am feeling good in the morning - my luck it'd end up going south to the point I couldn't manage to get back in the Jeep. That, and taking 100 mg ibuprofen horsepills 3 times a day, doesn't make for good odds.
Very long story with long background shortened, a chiropractor has been a godsend for my wife! ...................enough said?

retmil46, my wishes are that your "back" gets all better!

You guys all have fun today!

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
Just got back home. Another great GTG. Like always, Dan and family are super hosts and all the food providers did a fabulous job. Great to see regular faces and to have met new ones.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Arrived home little bit ago. It was a really nice GTG. I surely enjoyed seeing the familiar faces and it was nice to see so many new one's.

Dan, a special thanks to you and Deb for ya'lls hospitality. It was deeply appreciated. I am sending you a PM regarding Zeb.

Wade, awsum BBQ, thank you

be safe all
bd

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Thank you Dan & Debbie for hosting a great TDI getogether. This was Dean & my first GTG at Dan's and we had alot fun. The drive was scenic & easy, the people were generous in their help. My car drove home almost by itself - it ran quieter & smoother too. All the work done on it made a big difference! It was great seeing you, & talking with you! Dean said the pork was delicious....
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Dean & Kristina

dzlrunner

TDI
1997 B4 Passat Sedan
Just got home from the GTG, thank you Dan for hosting!! And thanks for the help with VCDS, the car ran great on the way home and has more noticeable power. Thanks Bruce for the help!!! Learned alot, now just need to track down the glow issue, but have been pointed in the right direction!!!! Thank you all, and again thank you Dan!!

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Whew! what a weekend

Thanks everyone for a short but great time. Dan, Debbie and Zeb really know how to make 50 of their closest friends feel welcome in their home. One of these days I am going to make it to Dan's gtg driving a TDI and stay all day.

Good to see all the familiar faces and even meet a few new ones.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
It was a great GTG.
They are always team efforts. Always.

Thanks to Mrs. Didjettarun for all the help.
Debbie (Mrs. DanG144) and Zeb.
Elfnmagik for the beans.
Andy Smith for the beans.
Rawmnivore for the chicken and eggs.

Engineerorange for the PIG!.

Landon Turbinewhine, Daniel DGTDI, Bruce Paramedick, Eric, Jimbote, TerryTDI, Steve PIPER109, and all the other mechanics who gave so freely of their time and expertise.

Thank you Pete R. VWSHPFRMN, you are a one man PR group for the VW dealers.
Jeff Robertson, coming down with only one job scheduled for sure.

I always hate to name people for helping, because I will certainly forget someone, and I purely hate that.

The entire crowd was what makes these GTGs fun and successful.

Thanks to all for chipping in. We got enough to pay for the pig and fixin's with quite a bit left over for the Air Compressor fund.

There are a few pieces left on the wreck. Y'all must be slipping.

Six months to the summer GTG, BIOJOE says it will be at his place again.

nickeasy

TDI
Build date 2-11, 2011 Golf 6M 2D TDI
Just got in from the GTG. Thanks to Dan and Debbie for hosting and providing tools, advice, and mucho help. Many thanks to Zeb for installing the OEM skid plate and to Pete for an awesome price on the plate. The food was fabulous and the pork needed no sauce, thanks engineer orange and those who helped.
Perry

Last edited:

Fixem4Fun

TDI
1996 B4 TDI Sedan 400K, 1996 B4 TDI Wagon 258K.
Thanks Dan for hosting the GTG! The day confirmed my belief that car repair can be recreational!! Looking toward another one.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
My organizational skills are lacking. I get diverted into a technical question, or even "show me where this is" questions.

I did not appoint a "service writer" for this GTG so the work was not organized or well orchestrated.

I should have learned this lesson before. John B, and Bruce Didjettarun have performed this service in the past and both were not available. Anyone attending next time please feel free to remind me of this and to volunteer for the job.

So if you did not get your work done at the GTG, please send me a PM or post here. I will try to get it done with you prior to the spring Asheville GTG.

RobertT

TDI
00, 01,02 beetles, 02 Jetta...flipped and totaled.04 Passat BHW
Thanks everyone!

Great job to Dan for hosting this event and all those who prepared the food. Pig was perfect. Thanks for those of you who helped me install the audi LCA bushings and ball joints, rocketchip for a great job as always -car is running even better with the update. Had a great time with all those who stayed late... you know who you are :D. Can't wait to see ya'll at the next one. - -Robert Taylor

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
It was great to see everyone again and meet new people! Had a great time. Thank you Dan and Debbie for hosting the GTG. Looking foward for the the next one.

WalrusBurger

TDI
2000 Jetta (5-speed)
Had a great time at my first GTG yesterday! Thank you Dan for your hospitality and all your help. Also a big thanks to Landon, Bruce, and everyone else who helped out with my timing issue. The car starts right up now, even after sitting in the cold. Also thanks to Zeb for clearing out the drain tubes from the sunroof. Looking forward to the next one.

gutts

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Dan and Debbie
You all did a wonderful job of hosting.
I also would like to thank everyone involved. Lots of information and real nice people, great food, nice warm day, what more is there ?
Jeff thanks for the adjustment, seems great. Thanks Dan for the part off the parts car. Thank you (son of Bruce..??) for the venting and for showing me the vag-com.
Best

CinRG

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Dan & Debbie - thanks for the wonderful hospitality. I really appreciate you opening up your house (& garage) :) to the mass of people. The food was great! The fellowship and all the expertise was wonderful. Looking forward to the next one. Shalom.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
We got home an hour or so ago.............

We all had a good time. Eric was busy all day playing with folks cars. Rachel helped organize a gang of girls that promptly tried to emulate a tribe of wild indians. Needless to say she had a large time, and wants to come back.

Myself? I played with bunch of cars. Flitted like a bee between them, and didn't get tied down. Only really dug in on the WalrusBurgermobile with Landon. Of course, we screwed it up. New rule: two gurus can't work on the same car 'cause we don't crosscheck each other for booboos. ;):p It all worked out in the end. Walrus, sorry that your pump is dying, but you found a great deal on a replacement.

Dan and Debbie, thanks. Looking forward to the next GTG.

Bruce

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
It was a great GTG.
Six months to the summer GTG, BIOJOE says it will be at his place again.
Indeed I would like to have a large get together again. I learned a lot last year and have SEVERAL ideas at how to make this year even better.

Special thanks to Dan for letting me pedal my Biodiesel at the GTG. As soon as I got there (late) and before I walked 5ft from my truck there were people waiting with their cans to be filled with fuel. I gave 3 gallons for the 10 gallons of waste cooking oil he gave me on a horse trade. I have no fuel meter so I just counted to 50. Turns out 50 was about twice as long I should have counted. I sold Midlands BioFuels finest blend of B80 for $3.00 per gallon (because I didn't have change) and would like to say thank so much to everyone that was able to get some before my 55 Gallon drum imploded and then ran dry. I had no idea you guys liked using it so much.

I would like to apologize to those who I missed by 30 minutes for fuel. I really should have gotten there earlier and with 2 drums of fuel. PM me and I will see if I can work something out with you.

I always meet some awesome people at the GTG's. Everyone is just so nice, helpful, and really smart. I really enjoy being a part of them. Even if it were more of a "drop in" due to prior dinner plans I enjoyed seeing everyone briefly and look forward to the next one I can make it to and do a whole day of it. :D:p

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Just wanted to thank Dan and Landon and Robbie and Jeff and anyone else I missed, for helping out with my car. I really thought it was gonna be a simple fix and done but you stay late enough and guys want to work on something. And my little bug always needs something. Cat delete sounds amazing but to most others they say it's "loud". I say "pshhhh.....it's a diesel!".

Jeff I want to thank you yet again. That tune is amazing. I think every TDI that is in or around the Atlanta area should have a tune as a safety feature in this traffic. I can't say enough how awesome the tune in. It was ear to ear grins from 2nd gear on, every time!!!

I love TDI gtgs! So since we are short a spring gtg, I say, whoever is interested in helping I think we need to get one started in GA somewhere. I don't have the space to host otherwise I would. But I will help co-ordinate if someone will host or maybe knows of a Place we can host it. Lemme know.

Anyway, as always, had a blast. Got home at 7:30am Sunday morning LoL but it was sooooo worth it!!!!

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Thanks Dan for hosting another GTG. I got in late, but you can put me on the list to be a service writer, if I get to your GTG early. For some reason I slept in this time around.
Next time I may pick up a new cam and/or Flywheel, and will have to add that to the list. The bad thing is I noticed that I had bent a rim on my way over. If anyone knows where to buy replacement rims, PM me.
John.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
... Special thanks to Dan for letting me peddle my Biodiesel at the GTG. ...
I didn't make it to the GTG, but I'm a regular customer at your Winnsboro, SC facility and wanted to say thank you for your help and kindness. We are blessed to have an excellent source for high quality biodiesel in our area. We add a quart to every tank. :)

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
A couple of things have gone missing - as yet unfound.

One person, Barry -Marauder is missing a Franklin Covey Organizer - Brown leather. I looked over the shop - no joy. The dogs have not been chewing it on the deck, so I don't think they found it. I got the message after dark tonight so I did not search the parking areas.

Another - Valvecrusher- that could not make it, had ordered a B4 fuel filter from IDParts, and there is nothing left in the IDParts box. Anyone get off with an extra fuel filter?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Dan, I'll double check to make sure the A3 filter got in the box. Since there wasn't an order for it at the time we shipped it may not. If not I can ship one to valvecrusher.