GTG Helen,GA (May 2007) H2OTuning Official Announcement

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Greetings from Alabama! It sounds like many of you have already heard about our event in May, but here's your official invitation. H2OTuning would like to invite everyone to "Southern Worthersee co-sponsored by TechTonics Tuning and VWVortex" It will be May 12 & 13, 2007 in Helen,GA. Helen is a beautiful re-creation of an alpine village in the mountains of North Georgia @ 1 hour NO of ATL. This inaugural WaterCooled event will be a non-competitive Show and Shine GTG. We will have a peoples choice and various give-aways. Special discounts have been arranged with local merhants, so please mention H2O Southern Worthersee when you make any purchases. Our sponsor hotel is the Helendorf @800-445-2271...ask for Sharon. The room rate is $69.00 for standard, $94.00 for riverview suite. Please visit www.helenga.org for more local info. To answer the question of what to do, there is a TON of things there, including a great semi-slick kart track, for which we are developing a competion. Also some of the most entertaing mountain roads you will ever drive...awesome drives and scenery, but most important, lots of BIER and BRATS!

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Re

I must say the roads in that area are amazing! I spent three days riding motorcyles around Helen, and can't wait to get back there. I will definitely keep this event in mind.

91cabster

TDI
1998 jetta
Southern Worthersee is getting big! APR has been added as a title sponsor, as well as coverage by Performance VW and Deutsche Motorsport Magazines. APR plans to bring its' roadshow and we have people coming from as far west as Colorado! Our banner will be on VWVortex in Feb, with a link to our official website. Check this link for some pics of Helen for a little inspiration!: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3025247

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
motorinar said:
how about RocketChip, will Jeff be there?
Do you know the contact for Rocketchip? I had sent an invite to Upsolute so I will send one if I get the contact, thanks.

volmaniac

Veteran Member
McFadden's Ford, Stones River NMP M'boro, TN
TDI
02 Golf GLS
you may want to get a list started of folks that want to get chipped. there has to be around 10 or 15 to make it worth jeff's effort to go to a gtg. he was at the old navy gtg last fall and did about 20 cars. jeff is a great guy, just really really busy.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Anyone want to add there name to a chip list?. If you are not chipped this is the best first mod for the TDI.

Bumping this up for those interested. Better get your reservations in. This is really shaping up. Three clubs already starting lists of who is going. Make plans now to show those TDI badges. I would really like to see some cars that are highly modified show up as well as stock. TDI (efficiency+power=TRUE performance) :cool:

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Mod List Request for event vendors

OK, so I don't know if this needs to be a new thread but lets start a list of desired mods for a tech session:
user .........mod
Richard55 stage three

I don't know about the major mechanical stuff like timing belt and intake cleaning to me seems like too much for a GTG.

Last edited:

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I am planning on coming down for the weekend and then heading to Atlanta to visit friends.

morphous_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, Frank06 Stage 2, Malone Stage 2 Custom, and PD140 Turbo
Rocket Chip and Nozzles

I'm in for RocketChip and Nozzles. I got a thread running trying to decide the best combo for my 96 B4 Passat.

DannyRay.. any chance to get pre-paid for services (programming and nozzles)? We could start a list like the TX GTG guys and get a list going?

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
I am not sure the best way to do this. We could start a list on our web (www.h2otuning.com) since we are sponsering the show, but I don't think we would want to get into any pre-payment. I would just pay there If I were getting chipped. If you know of a better way to get alist going I am all ears. It sounds like we have enough interest for a tuner to show.

91cabster

TDI
1998 jetta
Southern Worthersee

If you guys do get this person to come, you can let him know, space for the event is only $100.00 a day, and since it's on private property, it's my understanding from the people at the city (Helen) he would not have to pay local taxes! Let me know if he's in and I'll make sure.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Want to be chipped at GTG?

OK, So by my count we have ~8 wanting to get chipped at the GTG. Do you guys care which vendor (Rocketchip/Upsolute) or will you only accept Rocketchip? I will pass along your answer to the vendor and try to twist them into coming.

JJTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta (white)
Based on my reading, and a discussion w/ Jeff, I plan to do the RC1+. If he can make it - great, I'll get it there. If not, I'll end up shipping my ECU. I'm not knocking any of the other tuners out there... I just think the RC is the right choice for me.