GTG Helen,GA (May 2007) H2OTuning Official Announcement

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
did your discussion with Jeff include info on his possible attendance at this GTG in Helen? that would've really been useful info.

do you think you'll be there regardless if he shows up or not? i'm hoping to get RC'ed too, but the more i read and the more time passes, the more i like what i hear about Gator. I still would prefer the personal touch Jeff is known for; i wouldn't want to mail my ECU in neither case.

JJTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta (white)
andreigbs said:
did your discussion with Jeff include info on his possible attendance at this GTG in Helen?
Unfortunately, no. My last conversation with him was a few months ago - before I had heard of this event.

andreigbs said:
do you think you'll be there regardless if he shows up or not? i'm hoping to get RC'ed too, but the more i read and the more time passes, the more i like what i hear about Gator. I still would prefer the personal touch Jeff is known for;
Maybe. I haven't read much about the Gator. I guess I'll have to do some more reading afterall.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
JJTDI said:
Based on my reading, and a discussion w/ Jeff, I plan to do the RC1+. If he can make it - great, I'll get it there. If not, I'll end up shipping my ECU. I'm not knocking any of the other tuners out there... I just think the RC is the right choice for me.
JJTDI, I live in Powder Springs and if you would like to drive an RC1+ we could meet somewhere and you could drive mine. Anyone else in the Metro Atlanta area if you haven't driven the RC1+ PM me and we will hook up and you can feel what you are missing.:D

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
andreigbs said:
how do you like your upsolute chip DannyRay?
My Upsolute Chip Tune is great and is taking advantage of my manual nozzle upgrade as well. I am running 205/55 16 tires and need to rotate as I have peeled most of the rubber off the fronts ;) I just did the auto trans service and line pressure mod 25 clicks and it works better now. I would recommend Randy from ATL and Upsolute. My timing is max with a hair of shutter. I messed up my computer at home so sorry for the slow response.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
no problem, good to hear you're enjoying your tune. where might one procure the Upsolute program? I've been doing my research on chipping, it seems the best one is the one that's easiest/fastest and most readily available in your area. I was waiting for the Qloader (Aligator) from Kerma, he said it's in beta testing now. I'm just trying to get as much info from all different chip tuners (and customers' input) to decide which route to go. thanks for your input.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
No word from Jeff but one of our club members is Rocket Chipped and is going to try to twist Rocketchip into comming to the event. I will post if we get any news. I hope to see folks come to the event anyway, there will be many vendors and fun.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
andreigbs said:
no problem, good to hear you're enjoying your tune. where might one procure the Upsolute program? I've been doing my research on chipping, it seems the best one is the one that's easiest/fastest and most readily available in your area. I was waiting for the Qloader (Aligator) from Kerma, he said it's in beta testing now. I'm just trying to get as much info from all different chip tuners (and customers' input) to decide which route to go. thanks for your input.
Randy Hall is in North Atlanta and tunes for Upsolute, but I have not heard back from him lately. I will drop him another note and see if he could show up and do tunes.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
that would be interesting. i've decided some tuning is necessary, but nothing too crazy because i'm still under warranty till 75k. If Jeff (RC) comes out, I'd get RC+1, I'm not sure what Upsolute stages are. If Gator comes by, I'd try the Street tune. I'm not going to be extremely picky, though I'd prefer Jeff's work with the ability to turn back to stock via VAG-com.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
My wife and I are coming to visit. We are just coming up for Sunday staying with friends in Atlanta for most of the time.

LPC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 1997 Jetta
Put me on the list for RC2+. I will attend if Jeff is able to make it. Hope he does it will be my first GTG:D

Last edited:

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Chip Tuning at GTG!

Upsolute has comfirmed they will be at the GTG (Randy Hall from ATL). If you need to get with Randy before the event you can send him an email:

rhall@upsolute.com
ph: 404-247-6556
www.upsolute.com

This is a great chip to get your car moving! I hope many take advantage of this. ;)

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
i just sent him an email asking for some extra information, especially for the PDs and i'm waiting for his response. it would certainly be interesting if RC also shows up; talk about choices! if not, i'd be game for an Upsolute tune. it's good to know he's confirmed.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
I would like Jeff to fine tune my RC-II automatic (see my sig). After adding the Kerma 357's it smokes like a freight train at WOT. The nozzles were back ordered when he did the Stage-II last May so it was setup for stock nozzles.

Now it spins the right front when the rpms hit 2,500 from a stop on level ground on a WOT launch. :D

But the engine stumbles on each WOT upshift. I suspect that the fuel limit of .51 on upshift is too low for the 357's. I would prefer to pay him to fine tune it rather than for me to experiment with my new VAG-COM.

We bought DavidBru's red 00 Jetta last week. It is AWESOME! RC Stage-III 5-speed. If I can get all the key FOBs figured out, my wife and I might drive both cars up to get the Immobilizes synchronized to both cars. Ultimately I want the same keys to fit both cars. ;)

We probably won't spend the night tho...

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
interesting idea about the key FOB working on both cars, that'd be cool.

i won't be spending the night either, just gonna drive up sunday a.m.

i know a GTG is the best time to get chipped, and honestly i'm not in favor of one over another, each tuning option has its merits. the only issues for me are warranty concerns and the price. if both are satisfied then i'll get chipped. i was actually wanting to do the .681 5th gear mod at the same time as a chip, so i'll see. is there going to be a tech session at all?

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Bump for some have not seen the announcement. 300+ VW's expected. Hope to see and talk to a bunch of TDI'ers. More vendors and dealer demos added.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
I don't think he can make it. From what I understand he is already booked for the summer.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Repeat Bump: Anyone confirmed with Randy for tunes at the GTG?

Upsolute has comfirmed they will be at the GTG (Randy Hall from ATL). If you need to get with Randy before the event you can send him an email:

rhall@upsolute.com
ph: 404-247-6556
www.upsolute.com

This is a great chip to get your car moving! I hope many take advantage of this. ;)

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
It looks like Jeff from Rocketchip may be coming Sunday. I left him a message with vendor details as one of our members did talk to him and he was interested in more details. Ask any H2OTuning club member in the staff T-Shirts where those dirty black smoke cars are hanging out :D Our Members should have radios to help you.

penclnck

I'll be there repping for Ross Tech and will have a show special while there. Not all sure where I'll be on Saturday, but I'll be there in a blue Jetta wagon (TDI PD) with yellow Ross Tech stickers on the rear windows. I'll be able to take credit card purchases only on Saturday from 12-1:30 and 3:30-5pm. Any other time will be cash only.

Just so you know, I'm selling real Ross Tech cables, not cheap eBay junk cables. You'll be running the latest version of VAG COM (and not the shareware, full version). If you have your laptop, I can set it up for you as well.

A bunch of us from [URL="http://www.tndubs.com"]http://www.tndubs.com[/URL] are making the trip for this. Sounds like it the number of people who are planning on showing up is growing by the hour. Good to see the TDI crowd looks to be making a strong showing.

And remember to put OEM wheels on your car.... hope to expand on my OEM Wheel page while down there.

DannyRay

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Marauderer said:
So Danny Ray where are the TDIers congregating as the great majority of vehicles coming will be gassers? Helen can get choked real quick. The actual schedule for the http://www.southernworthersee.com/ doesn't have much. It does identify where the venders will be set up.
Clubs cars will be together, My car will be with the host club H2OTuning. The best thing would be to get together and roll in as a group if not in a club. I don't really know where to get together with TDI's other than drive around and hold up your index finger out the window for the number 1 cars :cool:
I will be in town Friday night...Galactic Blue, [H2O Tuning] badge on the top of the windshield.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
DannyRay said:
Clubs cars will be together, My car will be with the host club H2OTuning. The best thing would be to get together and roll in as a group if not in a club. I don't really know where to get together with TDI's other than drive around and hold up your index finger out the window for the number 1 cars :cool:
I will be in town Friday night...Galactic Blue, [H2O Tuning] badge on the top of the windshield.
So this isn't a real TDI GTG as advertised. It is the "Southern Worthersee" and you have misrepresented it as there isn't really a TDI specific get to gether. It is a bunch of clubs getting together and if your not in a club you hung out to dry especially from Danny Ray as he will be with his club. Hmmmm why would I want to go?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I'm still undecided about coming. Don't you guys have wives and mothers? I'll be in the doghouse when I get back all sunburned.

What's the weather look like with andrea storm?

Jeff

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jeff, current weather calling for 40% chance of thunder showers on Saturday and only 10% on Sunday. It could be a great day on Saturday or it could rain a lot. Won't really have a feel for it until Friday as the pattern could change that quick. It might slow down and be clear for the weekend or come in early. This is only Wed.