GTG Chapin, SC January 25, 2014

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Awesome G2G guys! Thanks Dan and ladies for all the work that you did! Guys who cooked on the bar-b-q, that food was awesome!

kritzas84

TDI
2002 Black Jetta GL TDI
Special Thanks to Dan and his family for hosting this annual great event. This is my second trip up to Dan's and is is always a great trip.
Also, Thanks to Jimbote, Newzboys, and the guys from Atlanta for helping me troubleshoot my fuel return line issue. Happened to have a clogged return line in the check valve of the fuel pick-up. Replaced it with a new one and was well on my way to a new record MPG thusfar.

Until next time.........enjoy the "snow"

buckinjacket

TDI
2006 jetta tdi dsg
Thanks Dan for another great GTG. Thanks also to everyone involved with the DSG service, the alt pulley replace and other misc work. My compliments to the chef for awesome food and gracious host for the location.
Until next time again thanks
Donnie

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Had a great time at the GTG, met a few great people. Big thanks to Bruce for helping with the Diesel Purge on my B4. :)

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Thanks Dan & Debbie for your hospitality.

Made it down and back without drama, about 10hrs each way driving the speed limit in the van. Working weekends are always tiring, but hopefully I'll get off this weekend to go sledding up north. Tug Hill is getting pounded today and tomorrow with lake effect snow. Yamaha's are loaded and ready to go, stickers on, and bags packed (suits helmets, etc.)

My last 3x trips to SC gtg's were last winter at Dans and it snowed/sleeted, and than winnsboro summer gtg, it was record high 105 degF, and this one record low 11deg F or such. Many diehard tdi folks indeed. btw, I liked the bigboy plates, and food was awesome as usual.

Sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone, I did have a few jobs and hibernated in my warm van most of the day when working. Enjoyed the pyrotechnics with the intakes at the end of the day, as usual.

See you all at the next southern gtg.
Jeff

RichmondKYtdi

Had a blast and glad i got to get the final piece to my puzzle of a car with a tune thanks for that Andrew... Thanks Dan for opening your place to so many people at once, always fun to meet new people. Jimbote, good to see you again I always like to brag on the great work you did on my swap.

I also managed to not get a speeding ticket on the way home, always makes for a better weekend!

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
What a great meet, Dan and family...Although I didn't do any wrenching, it was wonderful to meet so many of the forum-folks.
The garage was out of this world, wish I had one like half that!!
Food was likewise...You really put on a fine party for a bunch of crazies, but you are used to that from work, aren't you?
PS, heard you were close to retirement...you'll miss it. You'll have to have the TDIs more often!!

MKIInut

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Spice Red
Glad you guys had a successful GTG. Thanks to newzboys for the Glow Plug harness. My wagon is fixed and back on the road..

apple4ever

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 5sp manual, 280K miles
Back in Lancaster, PA finally. Man I had a great time!

Met some great fellow people and I had a lot of suggestions that I'm going to investigate.

Thanks to Dan for hosting, and for helping with my fans, thermoswitch, and oil change. Thanks to Bruce and at least two other guys who's name I never got for helping with the same! I'm glad I got to do most of the work, but it was comforting to have some direction!

I'll definitely be back at the next one!

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
And FYI- I started my TDI this morning in six degree weather- no oil pressure light. Whoohoo!

That's great, for future reference if you have your oil change at a high volume oil change store tell them you want to see a container they are using so you can varify they are using the correct oil. A 5-40, or 0-40 synthethic oil.

The oil you had in there sure was a thick oil and was probably a dino oil.

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
I had a good time at the GTG and was good to meet those of you that i did.

I did run into some trouble on the drive home however. Just before getting on 95 south from 26 east I had a sheet of ice smash into the roof of my car that flew off the top of the tractor trailer that i was passing at the time. It did a great job of wrinkling up the drivers side of the roof and knocking loose the sunglasses holder and rear dome light cover. Insurance is going to cover it as a comprehensive claim, once i fork over my $500 deductible. So I will most likely wait till later on this year when i can afford to have the body shop fix some of the other body damage that i previously had on the car.

Kinda hard to see in photo, but is very noticeable when standing next to the car.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Thanks for hosting, Dan! You and your tireless crew of helpers really outdid yourselves this year. Ghie says thanks for the snacks. They should come in handy in a few days when we have house guests from afar.

Special thanks to Eric and Terry. You were both instrumental in helping me plow through my LONG list of maintenance needs. Mission Accomplished!:D

To Eric, my hands are STILL dry and cracked from the various liquids I spilled on them Saturday. You may want to listen to Landon when he admonishes you to wear gloves. Thus sayeth the Newb!;)

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
Dan is a rock star. I had a great time checking out all the rides. Special thanks to Jeff for tweaking my tune, cruise control in 6th gear is oh so nice.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
I don't know about Tennessee, but it's not in Liberty! In fact, I need one to check my daughters Passat.

BuickGS/BuickTurboT

TDI
'01 TDI 5 Spd., Black w/Leather (sold), all options, '01 Red TDI Golf, Audi TT wheels, 1996 Passat TDI
I hate to sound like a broken record, but did anyone get off with an extra VCDS cable?
Hey guys, public confession to this to rest. I ended up with Dan's cable and am sending to him today. I've spoken to him and apologized to him profusely. I'm not sure how it happened as I brought my own legal legit VAG cable and was using my own cable at the event. I found the cable about a month ago in an extra doctor's type canvas tool bag that I had some tools and stuff I took to the event from Georgia. When I first saw the cable, I thought it was mine, then later found mine plugged into my old laptop I use for my two TDI's. The laptop is old, with a dead battery and I only use it for the tdi's...and haven't used it since that event...so I didn't initially realize I had two cables. The laptop was in my basement garage and the bag with cable was in my separate barn/shop up the hill from my house. When I found it, I called Jeff from Rocketchip and asked if he was missing one. He said no. I work two jobs and am very busy, didn't think much more about it. Then I remembered that there was only one other person that plugged into my car and that was Andrew, to program a key. I called him, he said it wasn't his but Dan was missing one...and that there was somewhat of a hoopla of someone stealing it from our gracious host. Sorry again, don't know what happened as I had my own cable and never used or borrowed anyone's. Jeff from Rocketchip and Andrew both were the only other ones that plugged into my car with a cable they had. In any case, my apologies to Dan for not being more organized and realizing I had it sooner. It's going into the mail today with a few little small garage goodies to use.
I've had TDI's for about ten years, don't post here often due to busy schedule. I was the one driving the red Golf with the Audi TT wheels and brought the Krispy Kreme doughnuts. This was my first Tdi GTG and I'd like to thank Dan and his wife again for all their hard work hosting. I'd also like to thank Bruce and his son for their expert help and directions when I was installing my new injectors. I sent his son home with some cold beverages. Bruce certainly has a lot of knowledge and was willing to share!
When I am more financially able, I'd really like to host a GTG at my home. We have a couple of acres, Some amount of parking, a hobby shop with a 2 post Rotary lift, insulated, heat and air in the shop, room for several other cars in the shop at the same time, (not being boastful), just trying to emphasize that we could have 4 or 5 cars in the shop at a time doing different work if weather wasn't cooperating etc. We are near Dawsonville, Cumming, Gainesville, Ga area. My shop has been a work in progress for years and still isn't 100% ... But it is useable just the same. I also know a guy that does paint less dent removal, I thought it would be cool to get him to come over at the same time.

Thanks, G

Last edited: