GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Well i worked all week on this job got done yesterday afternoon and now the homeowners want there hole house hardwood so im gonna have to work tomorrow, if i didn't need the money but i have to take the work when its here, sorry guys.

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Dan how are the roads near you, 26 look ok? High of 50 of so they say. rkovacs are GA roads clear?

Last edited:

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
we still have ice here...waiting until 10 or so to see how it warms up...maybe a brief gtg....sc dot web site is lame ...shows icy conditions on all roads:confused:

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Another great GTG at Dan's. Thanks Dan for having us! Was fun.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Thanks again for having everyone over and putting this on Dan. You had a great turnout in spite of the weather for some coming down. Sorry we had to rush off, but my friend had to work tonight.

rkovacs

TDI
Black 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Great GTG, loved talking with everyone, helping out people and sharing knowledge. Wish I could have got some of the BioDiesel, need to bring my can next time. Glad next meet will be closer to Atlanta!
BTW, Roads and traffic were excellent from Atlanta except for all the speed traps in the morning both GA and SC, got saved once by the V1 and once by my Waze app on the smart phone. On the way back there were some crazy Atlanta drivers (always is) running close to 90 average and not a single speed trap. Didn't make for good MPG, think I only got 38 for the trip.

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Another great GTG at Dan's. Thanks Dan, Justin and I had a great and it was good to see ATL folks there. Dan thanks for th head, it will save me much needed time in getting ole yeller back on the road.
Jim glad to meet you and thanks for the pointers on timing belt install.
Newzboys look forward to you being able to make it down for the ATL meet, great stuff you have put together for the VW market. Wish I could have rode in one of the cars with the Malone tune. Maybe next time.
Jose hope that auto fluid change went well. lol
Machelle good seeing you again, where is my strut. lol inside joke.
Peter, what a guy, driving the world for the tdi community. Drive safely home friend. Take care of that killer dog. lol
See you all in April for the ATL GTG

kritzas84

TDI
2002 Black Jetta GL TDI
A great experience yesterday for my first GTG. I want to thank Dan for putting everything together and letting us use his home, and thanks to everyone for the help and advice. Everything turned out wonderful w/ no hic-ups.

Eco tune, injectors, EGR delete, and ventectomy.

Looking fwd to seeing everyone again in April in ATL

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 4 Door, 2002 Golf TDI 4 Door
Tank you Dan for your hospitality and help! It was a great time! Thank you Daniel, Jimmy, Andrew, Landon and of course Dan for all your help in getting Desiree's Golf up to speed! Sorry we took so much of everyone's time trying to resolve the overboost issue, but it was great to be able to get to alot of what needed to be fixed. Next time, we can just hang out and get to know everyone!
Robert Frost and Desiree Schmidt

rkovacs

TDI
Black 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
@ Richard55, not sure where you are in Atlanta but hit me up and you can drive my car to try out what a Malone tune could do. All I have to say is it is the best bang for the buck. It will make your car a lot more fun to dive with the traction control off!
Or I will be at the Atlanta GTG in April.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
There are a few tools left that are not mine, as usual.
Most notable is probably a 1/2" breaker bar. Nice.
Holler if you are missing anything.

I am also unable to locate my VCDS cable. All you VCDS users, look over your gear and make sure you do not have an extra one.

My wife and I enjoyed having you all over. Thanks to Landon and Daniel from Appalachian Diesel works, Jimbote, Reference_Design (Charlie), TerryTDI, and everyone who helped someone learn to do a task on the TDI.

A special thanks to VWSHPFRMAN and Gunther VW for all of their support.

A very special thanks to Mrs. DidJettarun.

We missed all of you guys from above the icing line. Perhaps we'll see you all this summer.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Paramedic... you missed out on the bottomless Woodford. Well guess what. 1.75L bottomed out pretty well.
I would not have been able to enjoy it. I got back to work today, 3/4 speed, still have no clue what GI malady I encountered.

Sounds like y'all had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Just a point for the southeast gang. I ALWAYS have Franko6 ALH reman heads/install kits on the shelf. If you're stuck, you just have to have it replaced to me.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Got home about a half hour ago. Drove from Wilson NC (just south of Rocky Mount) today. Almost exactly 700 miles, 11.25 hours, including dog-walking time. Filled the car before I left Wilson, low fuel light is on but made it the full 700 no problem. And people were moving on the NJ Turnpike and I95 in CT and RI: left lane was going 80-85. IBW just hums along.

It was great finally getting to Dan's. Thanks for hosting. It was great to meet new folks and talk with some familiar ones.

After driving to Philadelphia and back two weeks ago, Detroit and back last weekend, and this trip this weekend I'm ready for some home time. So is Parker.

Thanks again, everyone. And BTW it's 25F here, but the sun is out.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Had a great time. I'm glad I got everything worked out on the car. Brakes seem to be great too! Can't wait to get a new trunk motor and put the car back together. lol

Thanks to everyone! Dan, what a great gtg as usual!

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
thanks dan for opening up your home to a bunch of diesel heads....
home safe, sore and tired ....
wouldn't have it any other way
good to see old folks and meet new ones...thanks again
bd

tacameron

TDI
96 B4 Passat Wagon TDI 291k
Much regrets that me and my crew couldn't attend we assumed the worst of the roads there was ice in the morning but sadly expecting that we stayed up really late the night before and realized about 12pm that we could've went (2h40min ride). Dan throw another one this weekend its suppose to be 70ish. Heck I would throw one but don't have much to offer 3/4 acre and a 2ish bay garage.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Tank you Dan for your hospitality and help! It was a great time! Thank you Daniel, Jimmy, Andrew, Landon and of course Dan for all your help in getting Desiree's Golf up to speed! Sorry we took so much of everyone's time trying to resolve the overboost issue, but it was great to be able to get to alot of what needed to be fixed. Next time, we can just hang out and get to know everyone!
Robert Frost and Desiree Schmidt

What was the final decision on what was wrong? I always love to know, in case I run into it.:rolleyes:

dzkritzas

TDI
Jetta TDI
Hey everyone! I had an absolute blast at my first G2G; even tho I was the one that blew my intercooler apart towards the end of the day. I want to thank EVERYONE that helped me out from the injectors; to the crazy electrical issue I had with my third injector; the Malone tune; and finally putting my intercooler back together so I could get back to Aiken. Thoroughly enjoyed everything. Also thank you Dan for all your hospitality and opening your house up to all of us! Hope to see many of you again!

--------------------------
03 Jetta TDI Silver w/Malone Eco Tune

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
I would like to thank Dan and Debbie for all their hospitality. It was great to see everyone again and meet new people. I had a great time. It was my pleasure to help out with the key adaptions and offer technical assistance.

Josemsm

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Thank you Dan for the help, hospitality & use of lift. Thank you
Dan, Jimmy, Andrew, Landon also for the assist with my first
time ever VW auto transmission oil & filter change.
My 2nd TDICLUB gathering & had wonderful time it was.
My buddy from JAXS, FL-Frank had a great time & left with a
wealth of BRM engine info.
Jose

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Thank you so much Dan and Debbie, we had an awesome time, everyone was so helpful, can't wait to do it again.

Thanks!
Andrew and Angelica

N8rbug

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 spd.
A big "Thank You!" to DanG and Debbie for opening up their home and hearts to all of us diesel geeks!!....;).........The cuisine and camaraderie were first rate!!

I met so many wonderful folks....(I won't be able to remember all of your names.......most will remember me by my Doberman) but I especially want to acknowledge Landon and Daniel from Appalachian Diesel Works, Jimbote, Reference_Design (Charlie), TerryTDI, and VWSHPFRMN (Pete) for their tireless patience and herculean efforts.......they were jovially turning wrench's and giving valuable pointers and advice, from 8:00am 'till waaaaay past dark-thirty!!........:eek:

I will try and post a few photos of the festivities....this was my first G2G.......but it certainly won't be my last!:cool:

http://s967.beta.photobucket.com/user/N8rbug/library/DanG G2G Jan 2013