GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

bsbaron1

TDI
06 jetta
Looking foreword to the 26th.
Also,i may need some guidance with a thermostat swap on my brm?
Thanks-Baron

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I really really wanted to make the Ashville GTG
and I am going to make this one
I'll be riding up in 2006 jetta TDI
but would like to meet some folks that know about auto to manual tranny switch
my car, 2005 golf, transmission went limp and doesnt get out of 1st.......:(
if im ganna put a solid amount of cash into it Im thinking of going all out and getting the 6 speed,
see you guys there
Great to hear you'll be making it. You will get all the info you'll need. You will want to look for Jim Bote he is the master tranny swapper.

Is Charles coming with you?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Miss Rachel might be tagging along, unsure at this time.

BTW, Cheryl is making her GTG debut! Y'all make her feel special so she'll do it again.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I have 2 unopened liters of the Fuchs compatible fluid that I bought from German Auto Parts. It was $15 a liter. I will sell it to you for $6 since I removed my power steering. :D
Fuchs is German and the worlds largest independent oil manufacturer.
It is Fuchs TITAN ZH 4300 B
Ultra high-performance central hydraulic fluid formulated with fully-synthetic base oils.

Fuchs recommendations:
VW TL 521 46
(G 002 000/A7/A8/
G 004 000)

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Got to find someone with a good working vagtacho, I had one but sold it, nobody wants to "pay" to get their sku
Need a new door switch for a 2004 Jetta 4 door sedan as on you website (VCDS give intermittent code) could you bring one and it clears my problem I will buy it? http://www.aarodriguezcorp.com/window-switch---master-control-for-vw-mk4.html

Also need a Bezel Retaining Bracket for my 2003 Jetta Wagon the skinny black piece broke. http://www.aarodriguezcorp.com/window-switches-and-accessories.html

Could you bring both those parts with you?

Along with 2 Sets of Quick Pins for Hood Pulls lost one.

let me know if you can have these in time for the GTG.

Thanks

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
No problem, I'll have some nice discounts on parts too!
Need a new door switch for a 2004 Jetta 4 door sedan as on you website (VCDS give intermittent code) could you bring one and it clears my problem I will buy it? http://www.aarodriguezcorp.com/window-switch---master-control-for-vw-mk4.html

Also need a Bezel Retaining Bracket for my 2003 Jetta Wagon the skinny black piece broke. http://www.aarodriguezcorp.com/window-switches-and-accessories.html

Could you bring both those parts with you?

Along with 2 Sets of Quick Pins for Hood Pulls lost one.

let me know if you can have these in time for the GTG.

Thanks

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
My buddy bought some nozzles from you at the Asheville gtg, you had some killer prices on the 520 sprint. I am looking on getting some pp 520.can you give me a price?thanks

rcracer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 GTI S 6MT, Previous: 2012 Golf DSG w/ Tech Pkg
Would love to have Jeff update the RC1+.

Also have an intermittent door switch issue(s) that would like expert advice on how to fix.

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 4 Door, 2002 Golf TDI 4 Door
Desiree and I will be there with her 2001 golf. It has been throwing a code about too much air or something or other with the EGR valve. Any possibility of removing that and getting the chip reprogrammed? I'm reasonably handy with tools and am confident I could do it if someone could tell me what I need to do. Daniel in Asheville has been a great help, but we are still trying to get over the new injection pump we had to get.
Fortunately we are a little over an hour away. We are looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know some of you.
Bob Frost
Spartanburg, SC

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Desiree and I will be there with her 2001 golf. It has been throwing a code about too much air or something or other with the EGR valve. Any possibility of removing that and getting the chip reprogrammed? I'm reasonably handy with tools and am confident I could do it if someone could tell me what I need to do. Daniel in Asheville has been a great help, but we are still trying to get over the new injection pump we had to get.
Fortunately we are a little over an hour away. We are looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know some of you.
Bob Frost
Spartanburg, SC
you dont need to physically remove it... just have it tuned out of the software, or maybe someone can help you diagnose the cause

2004PassatTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan, 2016 E250 Sport
I'll be making it to this one. Does anyone have a removed B5.5 balance shaft module they can bring to the GTG? I would like to take a close look at it.

Ernst

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 4 Door, 2002 Golf TDI 4 Door
Regarding the EGR valve..."you dont need to physically remove it... just have it tuned out of the software, or maybe someone can help you diagnose the cause"

I certainly hope someone there will be able to help us with this. I don't mind doing what we need to do, and if removing it would be better, i would be happy to do that. If it really isnt necessary, then I really don't mind not doing it either.

Robert frost

dzkritzas

TDI
Jetta TDI
GTG Chapin 1-26-13

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie, bought my 2003 TDI in December. Would like to attend the GTG and meet the crew and learn some things about my car. Perhaps do an intake cleaning, EGR Delete, and VCDS Scan.

Thanks Again and look fwd to meeting everyone.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Dan,
What do you need afa supplies, food etc for folks to bring...

If you have a resupply list , share and we will try and fill so you dont have to do so much running or buying ....

bd

TheGrey1987

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Hi Guys,

I am very much looking forward to going to the meet. You guys helped me out so much at the last meet in Asheville. I really appreciated the help, I cannot thank you guys enough. The Malone tune is amazing and when I went to NY in late October i achieved 58 mpg.

The only thing I am busy looking for is 5x100 wheels hopefully in the 17" range, I am tired of my AVUS alloys. I was just curious if anyone was going to be selling any wheels etc? If not I am still looking forward to seeing everyone again and hanging out with all the TDi guys.

Last edited:

Abaddon2501

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI Auto
Sadly Merlyn and I won't be able to make it to this one. We are meeting our mothers biological mother for the first time that weekend. Have fun everyone!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Just got a new job, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I don't work Saturday. I really need some help with my brakes. I think they need bled and need to figure out why my ebrake is virtually worthless. Plus I need to install my fuel level sender (which I'll be ordering tomorrow). So, I'll let you know if I can attend. I really hope I can!

Joeviocoe

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI (Mk4) 1.9L ALH 5spd [VNT-17/22 Turbo, RC4, PP520 Nozzles]
Just got a new job, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I don't work Saturday. I really need some help with my brakes. I think they need bled and need to figure out why my ebrake is virtually worthless. Plus I need to install my fuel level sender (which I'll be ordering tomorrow). So, I'll let you know if I can attend. I really hope I can!
While your ordering parts... A new parking brake cable might be needed. Does anything happen when you pull the handle?

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
Bumping again items for MK5 still for sale cheap. PM if interested.

Black forest Industries Stabilia Swaybar (also fits MK6)
Castrol & Mobil 1 507.00 oil
ATE SL.6 brake fluid
Smoke side markers
Oil Filter
G12 ++
Power Service Bio Kleen

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
While your ordering parts... A new parking brake cable might be needed. Does anything happen when you pull the handle?
A little bit. It just doesn't seem to catch like it used to. I have tightened the cable to try and fix this issue but it doesn't seem to work. How much tear down is required to replace the cable?