GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I hope Daniel or Landon bring the pop tester so maybe we can have a fire show.Does anyone have a fender rolling tool they can bring so I can roll my fenders on my MK3. I would like to haul more then two people around without that horrible noise.Can someone give me a good/cheap hotel that's in the area.It's only a three hour drive but if its like the Asheville GTG I will need a room.
Like this?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3977132&postcount=147

Dan, My roommate found an egg yesterday!

RobertT

TDI
00, 01,02 beetles, 02 Jetta...flipped and totaled.04 Passat BHW
See you there..

Thanks Dan for hosting. :) Chapin is always a great time. Will be there, need to do a little wrenching on the beast. Would like to change rear shocks, and may try to change some nozzles.

Last edited:

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
I'll make it to this one if I can have my newest project back on the road. The parts have been ordered and they're already on their way :)

Maybe I should tow the car and bring the parts with me j/k :D

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
brake fluid flush

Is there any easily acquired (local stores)that have approved brake fluid for my passat? maybe power steering also.

volmaniac

Veteran Member
McFadden's Ford, Stones River NMP M'boro, TN
TDI
02 Golf GLS
Is there any easily acquired (local stores)that have approved brake fluid for my passat? maybe power steering also.

Valvoline DOT3/4 meets the VW spec for brake fluid. Advance, Autozone, Pep Boys all carry it around here. Castrol has a brake fluid that meets the spec as well.

Power steering fluid you need to source from a dealer or an on-line vendor.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
I believe peter at idparts.com normally gives free shipping direct to GTG if he has enough orders. Then you could get better quality fluids.

RobertT

TDI
00, 01,02 beetles, 02 Jetta...flipped and totaled.04 Passat BHW
rear axle

Hey Dan, You are correct, I believe that Nathan and I will change a rear axle as well.:D gotta luv a crusty northern diesel..But we've had it down before, so It may not be as difficult the 2nd time around.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
NAPA carries their own brand DOT 4 fluid. Walmart carries the Valvoline Synpower.

Remind me closer to GTG, and I'll bring a can of CHF 11S. I scored a case on eBay

Last edited:

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Still planning to make this one. The weather is getting colder and as long as we don't have another week long ice storm here in Georgia like we did a few years ago...I don't see an issue in making this. Gotta get some stuff fixed anyway! :D

BioBob

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta (G3F Donor), 2003 Bora
Bio

Hey Dan:

Any confirmation from BioJoe?

NCRoadWarrior's report was encouraging, but as he noted, it is better to get the news from the Boss.

Thanks,
Bob

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Is anyone in need of Jetta Steel Rims? I have the original Steel Rims (4 only) that come on my 2000 Jetta.

$100.00 delivered to Dan's in January.

If anyone wants them, please let me know. I will need to remove the tires because they are junk.....wore out and old!

If anyone wants these, please let me know soon. Please don't ask on Friday before the event...:D

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I have 2 unopened liters of the Fuchs compatible fluid that I bought from German Auto Parts. It was $15 a liter. I will sell it to you for $6 since I removed my power steering. :D

Fuchs is German and the worlds largest independent oil manufacturer.

Last edited:

ReferenceDesign

Veteran Member
Hi Dan

Looks like this one is on a date I can make. Will bring the usual electrical repair goodies. Got a new in-car spring comp that might come in handy.

Not sure of the LN2 ice cream. Might want to opt for the hot chocolate chip cookies.

I need Jeff to check the RC4. Didn't know it does not have immobilizer support. Might go for RC5.

Want Jim to drive the 02M and check on the shifts. I will bring the suspect expensive SBC TDI failure for inspection.

Joeviocoe

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI (Mk4) 1.9L ALH 5spd [VNT-17/22 Turbo, RC4, PP520 Nozzles]
Hi Dan

Looks like this one is on a date I can make. Will bring the usual electrical repair goodies. Got a new in-car spring comp that might come in handy.

Not sure of the LN2 ice cream. Might want to opt for the hot chocolate chip cookies.

I need Jeff to check the RC4. Didn't know it does not have immobilizer support. Might go for RC5.

Want Jim to drive the 02M and check on the shifts. I will bring the suspect expensive SBC TDI failure for inspection.
Is Jeff confirmed to be coming?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Post #51 is the best info we will get on Jeff's attendance until just prior to the GTG. If you want him to come, hope there is no snow in PA.

He has made the same statement every year, and so far, has made it to the GTG every year, I think.

But a foot of new snow in PA would cause him to go snow mobiling instead.

DWalk

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Can't make it this time as I'm traveling for work but wanted to send out a thanks to Dan for some sage advice he gave me recently. I had a that "little" failure none of us CR owners want. VW is covering it under warranty.

Definitely will try to make the next one. Dan is the man and these GTG are awesome!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
As RobertT stated, I'll be there to swap out my crusty old rear axle. I look forward to seeing everyone again!

Dan, PM sent regarding food from the farm.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Hi guys, just a reminder, I will be at Dan's G2G providing parts and Malone Tuning Services and 10% off all website prices

If you'd like to get a tune please register ahead of time.
Click here to register for a tune

I'll be able to do immo deletes for 2000-2003 cars.

And tunes for all other VWs made since 1996 and as new as 2013.

Yes, I can tune your DSG, add launch control, gear display, faster/smoother shifting, etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Andrew

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Hi guys, just a reminder, I will be at Dan's G2G providing parts and Malone Tuning Services and 10% off all website prices

If you'd like to get a tune please register ahead of time.
Click here to register for a tune

I'll be able to do immo deletes for 2000-2003 cars.

And tunes for all other VWs made since 1996 and as new as 2013.

Yes, I can tune your DSG, add launch control, gear display, faster/smoother shifting, etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Andrew
Can you do immo delete on 2004? or get a key with another chip to work in it?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I can't do it for a 2004, Mark Malone can if you send the ECU to him. We might have one other dealer in the USA who can do the 2004+ immo deletes, I'll let you know.

N8rbug

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 spd.
G2g

Hi all,

I plan on attending my first G2G with my first TDI.......featured here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=351793

Dan suggested I throw this question out to the group.......

I want to improve my OEM headlights. E-codes or HID's? Any advice or recommendations?

Also, does anyone have recommendations for lodging?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the 26th!:cool:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
I can't do it for a 2004, Mark Malone can if you send the ECU to him. We might have one other dealer in the USA who can do the 2004+ immo deletes, I'll let you know.
Can the key be made to work using VCDS?

Foxjosephi

TDI
2005 Golf
I really really wanted to make the Ashville GTG
and I am going to make this one
I'll be riding up in 2006 jetta TDI
but would like to meet some folks that know about auto to manual tranny switch
my car, 2005 golf, transmission went limp and doesnt get out of 1st.......:(
if im ganna put a solid amount of cash into it Im thinking of going all out and getting the 6 speed,
see you guys there

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Got to find someone with a good working vagtacho, I had one but sold it, nobody wants to "pay" to get their sku

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
Got to find someone with a good working vagtacho, I had one but sold it, nobody wants to "pay" to get their sku
If I can get my hands on the software will the vcds cable work?