GTG at Dieselgrandads, Fond du Lac, WI?

jobob307

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta, 2002 jolf
The pressure is off now we have all winter to do a IP swap, completly strip a rolling chassis and rebuild a left front T bone victim. Oh and get the vnt 20 installed in the jett. I need a hobby I hate all of this free time.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Good news!

Scurvy:

That's good news! Hope the trip went well for DGD, I assume it was business related. Anyway, welcome back Gary, and looking forward to the trip to Fondy in a few weeks.

Dan

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
jobob307 said:
The pressure is off now we have all winter to do a IP swap, completly strip a rolling chassis and rebuild a left front T bone victim. Oh and get the vnt 20 installed in the jett.
I hope all that other work (IP, strip, rebuild) wasn't for your Jetta. :eek: You seen the hybrid VNT-17/22 that IBW has? Maybe he'll bring one to the GTG.

jobob307 said:
I need a hobby I hate all of this free time.
Bowling league? Knitting group? Heck, you could take up shuffleboard. :D

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Sorry Honey, I Know, I Shoulda' Called

This is kinda like tho "old days" before cell phones; when I stayed out all night and didn't call the wife. :eek: :eek:

Part of the problem? my settings were turned off, and I wasn't getting any notification of posts and messages. So my apologies to those who sent me PM's that weren't respomded to.

So yes, I am alive (thanks to Scurvy for "shakin" the tree). And yes we are definately on for the 27th. I'm still not up to speed w/ the WIKI and previous posts so please be patient and give me a little more time.

DGD

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Good to hear from you, and I'm looking forward to this. I might even sleep in a hotel before the return trip. Or maybe not.

DGD, I know you'll appreciate this:

I found it buried in my garage.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
B100 at the GTG!

I added B100 requests to the Wiki page. Please let me know if you're interested so I don't pack a trailer up there for nothing.

cheers,
K

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
bringin' some stuff

So, I've amassed some stuff throughout the years and will be bringing it with to the GTG if anybody's interested in any of it. I'm asking only what I paid for it, not making any money on it but also not taking a loss on it either.

2: Meyle A4 fuel filter (with new o-rings for the thermostatic tee)
6 liters: VW Longlife III 504.00/507.00 5W30 oil

PM me if you're interested, I'll let you know how much it is.

scurvy

takiman

TDI
Jetta
I don't know anyone here so this might be a good GTG to make some friends. :) Live right up near GB and would like to join in, if it's alright. I'll bring a set of jackstands, a jack, some tools and some food/beverages (are we cooking brats?)

Does anyone have a pressure bleeder for brakes? I'd love to replace my brake fluid.

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. I'm pretty sure someone will have a bleeder that you could borrow if you want to replace your brake fluid. If you check out the Wiki (link in my sig) you can see what people are bringing.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
takiman said:
I don't know anyone here so this might be a good GTG to make some friends. :) Live right up near GB and would like to join in, if it's alright. I'll bring a set of jackstands, a jack, some tools and some food/beverages (are we cooking brats?)

Does anyone have a pressure bleeder for brakes? I'd love to replace my brake fluid.
I'm planning on bringing some brats. Thinking I'll use one or two Leinie's varieties this time to cook them in.:D

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
There's actually quite a few people, myself included, who are wanting to have their brake fluid flushed this time around. It shouldn't be too hard to get someone to help you with that.

arleigh

TDI
1998 jetta A3
GTG at DGD

I was wondering about a tb change for my jetta. It will be approx 14k early, but it seems that the shop that put it on for me skipped a tooth. So the timing is not correct. Jason put in some pp357 nozzles in for me, and found the discrepencey. Will there be time to coach me through it? I have gone through the procedure,and have the tools, ordered from tdi parts. I do not have a vag com. I would have to have someone help me there. Any advice on this is apperciated. I haven't had the opportunity to attend a gtg so I am not sure about how everyone gets there stuff done. It sound like there will be quite a number of diesel people there. Also, where in Fondy (the address) is DGD's. Thanks:D

Last edited:

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
arleigh - see post 580.
Click on the "Visit the TDI GTG Wiki Page" link.
Go to DGD's October 2007 link (on the right hand side of the page)
Enter your name/vehicle/work to be done/tools needed/food/Rocketchip/etc
Directions/Address is toward the bottom
There will be a few vag-com's there and I'm sure enough people who can coach you through whatever help you need. I've never done it, so I may be looking over your shoulder :)

Hope to see you there.

bf1967

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
chips anyone?

Is there going to be anyone at the GTG with a PD that has been chipped (RC or Alligator)? I'd like to experience the difference before I do mine (you drive of course). I won't be doing it this go around, but maybe the next time. Acceleration in gears 1-3 isn't bad, but 4 & 5 leave something to be desired in my Golf.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
There should be several PD cars there. They are pretty nice once chipped.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Still around ..... lurking

Peter, AWWW, MAN!!

You found a picture ... or a whole car? ;) From the looks of the second windscreen, that must be one of those rare stretch-limo, 4 passenger bugeyes. :D Ever notice how those cars always look happy?

I've got a vacuum pump brake-bleeder now too, I broke my air driven eductor and needed a replacement. We should have plenty of stuff to do brake bleeds. Looks like I'll need a 55 gallon drum for waste fluid. ;) Speaking of which, I still have a bunch of those white poly 55 gallon drums if anybody wants to take bio-D home w/ them. (We can duct-tape them to the roof of your car) I also have one or two 15's (15 gallon poly kegs) around too and can probably get more. PM me if you want a 15. Quantum: there is a concrete slab just to the left (west) of the shop door, I'll cordon it off and you can set your fueling station up there. The parking lot was just paved this spring and I don't imagine bio-D is too good for the asphalt. :eek:

I'll cook up a batch of chili (along with some brats too) for a little culinary diversity. The set-up will be the same; I'll have a grill there as well as an assortment of crockpots, Nescos etc to keep stuff hot. Also will have plenty of coolers with ice.

I am planning to get to the shop about 7AM the morning of the 27th, unless someone wants/needs to be there earlier. If that's the case let me know.

JasonTDI: your tq wrench is safe and warm in the t-box next to my big one (now I have all kinds of little inch-pound tq wrenches in there too:confused: )

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
FYI Radar-Hill, county hwy B & hwy 41, has just been painted with new Vascar marks for timing cars.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
jasonTDI said:
There should be several PD cars there. They are pretty nice once chipped.
Not too bad stock, either. ;)

I know, tho, once you get chipped you never look back. And if you do, it's receeding VERY quickly!

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
mctdi said:
FYI Radar-Hill, county hwy B & hwy 41, has just been painted with new Vascar marks for timing cars.
That sounds like a job for the cruise control and the radar detector.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Good thing there's no serious crime to worry about there. If people speeding is the worst thing you have to worry about, I may have to move.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Ok...I finally made it to the end of this posting...I thought I read somewhere someone was going to start a new thread on about page 30??? :confused:

I updated the wiki TDI page with the things I'm wanting to do and the food I'm bringing. I'm in. Kind of excited. I haven't been to one of these in a LONG time. Glad to see that it's happening.
Looking forward to meeting up with some of the old folks again and some of the new.
Later, Jeff

jetta7495

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi all, I just found this site 2 days ago and have been power loading my brain with all the info on the site. I live about half an hour West of Fondy, in Kiel. I am very interested in coming to the GTG. I have been trying to get a grasp on what all the abbrevations and body codes are. I had an '00 Jetta TDI which I loved and had to trade for my now '05 Passat TDI (more room for the kids...). I haven't seen much information on changes to a Passat verses alot of info on Jetta's, what am I missing? Are there changes I can make to my Passat, would a chip be a good first mod? Thanks for this great site and the information, I will keep reading and hopefully I wll make it to the GTG. Chad

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Chips are always a good mod, and as a former Passat owner I can tell you that you have no idea how fast you can make it until you drive a chipped one. Jeff can crank it up to 170-180 HP easily for you. A radar detector might be a good idea if you get it chipped, cause you'll need it!

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
I know there are two people signed up to do coolant heater installs so thought I would throw this out there. I am going to be doing this http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=117822 to my car at the GTG and was wondering if anyone wanted to do the same. We could save on shipping by buying together. If anyone is interested let me know and we can arrange something.

I've never done much (any) electrical work so I was wondering if anyone would be able to bring some expertise/tools for me to borrow. I just don't want to create a fire hazard on my car. Thanks.

JerryPT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
DARN! Oct. 27 I'm out of state-- driving my TDI, so it's not all bad. Wanted to put in a Frost Heater now that I'm in cold country. (Moved from Oregon on Labor Day weekend.) Hope to catch the next one...

Jerry