GTB2260VRK Turbo Converted

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
My golf had the gtb2260vk, never liked the spooling on this turbo too lethargic, then my head gasket went out perfect time for my mod bug so i did a few upgrades,, I took the head out, tranny, and turbo, sent turbo for ball bearing Implant, I wpced the bearing and shaft, did some really nice 4th gear upgrade on tranny as well, replaced the head gasket, worked putting everything in last week, a lot work especially I'm very anal in installing everything, I put in like 40 hrs, took her for spin, shoot now I really love this gtb2260vrk, spools like a dream, I'm still trying to dial it in, got me too big of injectors .360 for 2260vrk, I'm going to try to get me something like either .310 or .330, I'm not sure yet which one, this turbo now goes and spools very nice golf is scary fast.

My back up turbo is Gtb2265vklr I'm dying to hook this up with .360 this will be a nice set up, my golf got all supporting mods, with RC7 with bolt ons, I must say that if you guys would like a legit turbo builder you must contact Gotuned I've been dealing with them for a few years now and everytime they hit it out of the park, never had any issues with their turbos or injectors.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
After I torqued the head i found all upgraded.head studs, they are not ARPs cause the studs were not colored black and the nut are all 16mm sockets, does anybody know any other performance studs that are similar and the nuts are bigger, I lost one of the nut and I'm trying to figure out what brand these are so I can buy the nut and see how thry compared to ARPs. If anyone can chime in, I'd appreciate it

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes they are silver gray, how good are they compared to ARPs

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm trying to figure out why my head got lifted, giving me a head gasket issue, I'm boosting around 42psi, I just put my car back together with the same raceware, and I can keep these studs or I can switch them with ARPs, with ARPs never had any issues, least I want is to have another head gasket going bad

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
Out of curiosity what kind of max boost do you see at various rpm ranges, say, 2000rpm, 2400rpm, 2800rpm..? When does it make max boost of 42?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Last week when I pulled it out from the garage recently put together, I wired and did a quick MacGyver hook up for boost, and saw 42psi, my gauges from the car are not properly working so I need to change probes and wiring which I haven't done yet but I will let you know once I hook them up.

It is so unbelievable that once I shut down my golf you could still hear the turbo still spinning for a few seconds whining down, just the exact same way I hear my jetta gtd1756vrk, what a difference comparing it before when it was journal bearing, super happy now with the ball bearing

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
42psi on a 2260vrk sounds like too high shaft speed?? Is that spike or sustained?
I'm aiming for 2.4-2.7bar sustained out of my 2365vklr depending on how it goes. Without any change in tuning from 2260 to 2365, it spikes to 2.6bar in 2nd gear 😬 Previous unit was setup VERY poorly and it shows based on the level of tune.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
It spiked at 42, but steady at 2.75 bar, that's how I had it set up before I switched to ball bearing so it should be the same, drove it raced with it quite a bit no other issues only lifted head gasket, after a while