GSP axles.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Im looking around at new axles and plan on going with GSP. yes their cheaper then the others, but ID parts sells them so they can't be that terrible i wouldnt think? I don't need them to be 300k mile axles which would never happen in MN i doubt, but i also don't want to change them due to ripped boots in the next year or two. Anyone have bad experiences with GSP axles? I'm not trying to buy junk but also don't want to spend $500+ on axles. I would rebuild them myself with gkn, but I'm going to send my car in for a trans replacement, and I don't really have the time to mess with them.
I only posted this because i found a lot of threads of people praising GKN, OEM, and Raxles but haven't found much of anything on GSP.

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
FWIW, the previous owner of my Beetle put in a GSP axle on the driver's side after the inner joint broke. I don't know how long before I bought it that he put it in, but I've since put 20K miles on it without issue. No vibration. The inner and outer joint does have more slop than I think it should (which I noticed when I did my clutch) but it's functioning fine.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
I used them before in a touareg, touareg oem axles are non-serviceable so it was oem $900 or GSP as I was trying to avoid CRAPaxles. No issues with them so far 2 years on.
Are you referring to Raxles?
I'm a huge fan of Raxles for quality and price

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
@GlowBugTDI you have another set. Get them rebuilt bro.
I have to look at them tomorrow. I thought they looked off brand so idk if a typical rebuild will work, but I'll have to check.
I may do that if i can. It was just that i can get GSP axles for 60$ an axle, and the gkn rebulds are like 80$ for just the outer end.
I may go this route tho.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I have to look at them tomorrow. I thought they looked off brand so idk if a typical rebuild will work, but I'll have to check.
I may do that if i can. It was just that i can get GSP axles for 60$ an axle, and the gkn rebulds are like 80$ for just the outer end.
I may go this route tho.
Ah. Didn't know they were off brand. Should have vw etched somewhere if there genuine.