Grounds

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
I am getting a few electrical codes on the Passat TDI. A few years ago there was a thread about ground locations. Anyone have it marked or know the locations. As usual no luck with the search.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There are quite a few. 18 of them (19 if it is a wagon).

www.alldatadiy.com will get you everything you need, or I may be able to help if you narrow it down some for me. What DTCs from what module(s)?

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
All are engine related. MAF, implausible signal repeatably. Engine temperature once. Several times low boost. With the MAF unplugged the low boost doesn't repeat.

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Is the MAP sensor on the turbo tube before the 90 degree tube into the manifold?

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
So , MAP

Atmospheric---969 milibar
Actual----------958.5
Specified-------193.8

Is the sensor good? Strange specified. I am still repeatedly getting the MAF Po-101 I changed the MAF sensor, no improvement.

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
The cam is new. I have been wondering about a minor boost leak. I did have the EGR apart and it seemed good, seemed to function normally.

If I were to cap the ends of the boost assembly should it be able to hold pressure?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Boost leaks will often manifest as a MAF implausibility DTC before a low boost DTC on the BEWs and BHWs.

I use a smoke machine to check if you cannot find anything.