Greenpeace Pirates Board Ship Hauling VW Diesels

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
And the diesel powered UK police cars showed up in force, LMAO.

I will burn a tire in my back yard tonight in honor of Green Peace. :rolleyes:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
And no reports of a single arrest...

Clowns!

tsspencer2887

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
"Other protesters had earlier broken into a vehicle park at Sheerness to stick labels on engines and attempt to immobilize cars by taking the keys, Greenpeace said."

Real car-savvy group, aren't they?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
It is amazing that they are in a stand off with no one arrested yet. At a minimum, they are trespassing. Taking the keys could be seen as grand theft here.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
While these fools gain planet-saving headlines interfering with a boatload of VWs, North Korea's Kim Jong-un is developing nuclear weaponry that can kill millions and spread radioactivity throughout. I hardly understand Greenpeace's priorities when infinitely greater and more immediate threats to human life exist. What a bunch of jerks.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If Greenpeace starts going after nuclear armed countries about proliferation, they won't have to go to far, just stay on US soil.

Wait until the Sierra Club or the Conservation Law Foundation wants to one up Greenpeace.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Yeah - if we really need to , last resort - we can create the Straits of Korea - also the Island of Korea.... or at least the Korean Canal.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
If Greenpeace starts going after nuclear armed countries about proliferation, they won't have to go to far, just stay on US soil.

Wait until the Sierra Club or the Conservation Law Foundation wants to one up Greenpeace.
Look up what happened the last time one of those outfits went after the French for doing nuclear testing or whatever around Tahiti. The French take a far more pragmatic view of that sort of thing than we do. It wasn't pretty.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
I celebrated Greenpeace by topping off my tank with good, old Kroger diesel ($2.24 net of my 10 cent Kroger price discount) and driving home with a lead foot, secure in the knowledge that I was spewing excessive amounts of NOx with my unadulterated clean diesel engine.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Too bad they can't treat this under maritime law as piracy on the open ocean . . . The nutters would not have a leg to stand on, just the rule of the captain . . .

Keel hauling, anyone?

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
let's do the keelhauling on a supertanker with a 75 foot fully loaded draft and 100 foot beam (both of them are WAG's) :)

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It's just a silly publicity stunt. No demented torture methods needed. :)

Galo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta 6mt, Malone Stage I, Goals
Really? The diesel engine of the ship they boarded probably emits more bad-juju stuff than all the TDIs on board would emit -combined.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
And the diesel powered UK police cars showed up in force, LMAO.

I will burn a tire in my back yard tonight in honor of Green Peace. :rolleyes:
I've done that before. They burn out pretty quickly. Then again, I've only burned punctured tires from my hand trucks. I have yet to see how long it takes a full size car tire to burn. But I guess I could dedicate my trash burn earlier to Greenpeace and CARB - a lot of plastic was in that fire, along with a little diesel.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Shipping companies off the coast of Somali hired private contractors to stop pirates from boarding. Which makes for some interesting you tube videos. Greenpeace Pirates, Somali Pirates, same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.