Great to have a Tdi again

Capt. Common Rail

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI. DSG turned in ,2014 Passat Tdi se,2015 golf sel dsg
Bought a 2015 Golf sel dsg platinum gray last week,couldn't hold out any longer I drive close to
200 miles a day and a gasser was killing me Mpg wise. This Tdi is Cpo with 23k
has lightning package.Its in very nice condition new tires looks new.I probably
paid a little too much $20,800. but it's hard to find a nice one.They kept getting
sold before I had a chance to look at them.I'd post a pic but it's above my computer skills need one of the kids for that!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have not been without a diesel Volkswagen since 1989. Couldn't imagine not having one! Welcome back! :)

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
I normally would have considered the lighting package in mine an over-priced add on. But I drove in my first snow squall the other day on sketchy roads in the dark and man.....those bi-xenon are awesome. The interior lights do give it an upscale look too.

I took the only "new" 2015 available and by the time I purchased, there were a dozen lined up behind me to get it. Love it so far!

Rcbamm

TDI
05 Golf TDI BEW SOLD. 2015 Golf TDI VW boughtback. Own: 15 GSW TDI. 99.5 Jetta TDI
Nice! I was real iffy and skeptical about buying another Mk7 after VW bought back my first Mk7 TDI SEL 6 speed MT. Loved my first one but put 44k miles on it in one year, hit a dear, got it fixed then a few months later hit a semi tire tread damaging the same side as what the deer caused. VW bought it back paying off what I owed on it and I pocketed back $4k. Free transportation for a year?! Yes! But I’ve been on the lookout scanning the ads for new TDI’s for sale again. Found my new GSW SEL DSG with lighting package and 10k miles, NO accidents at Offleaseonly.com for $19k. One owner. Car has VERY VERY few small minor cosmetic flaws on the outside. Other than the MIB 1 radio going out after a few days of owning it, VW warranty already replaced it. Absolutely love the car and extra space over the Golf.

Last edited:

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
I had that platinum grey on a 2013 Passat, and my original CR TDI, a 2010 JSW. It looks even better on the MK7. I got reflex silver for the thermal reflection-life in the Summer in KC can get HOT.

Beautiful wagon you've got there. and a nice deal to boot!

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
I think $20K for an SEL with the lighting package is a pretty damn good deal. I picked mine up for $24 and I am very happy with that price AND the car. The MK7's are light years ahead of my previous MK4.

TidiKiwi

TDI
2015 TDi Sportwagen
Good to see as was worried about getting and we had locally a '15 wagen with 6500 miles on it..paid $20k and loving it so far..well at least the last 10 days we've had it!! even getting used to the dsg box.

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
200 miles a day? Holy moly! I drive 112 miles a day and I thought it was somewhat a lot, lol. The TDI is a great choice for 200 miles. I was driving my wife's 2017 Passat TSI for a few weeks and missed driving a TDI so much, that I drove a few hours to go pick up a 2015 Passat TDI SEL. I have to sell back my 2010 Jetta TDI in the process, but this was a great way to update for cheap on what will probably be the last TDI VW makes. I'll probably be doing 26k miles a year, which is up from the 10k I was driving before. Having a TDI makes the drive that much more enjoyable!

Congrats on your TDI bud!