Great GTG in Vancouver

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
Thank you Albert for the use of your place and your hospitality, thanks Tazz for all the info and taking the time to come all this way to take care of everyone. Nice to meet all the people there and hope to see you all soon at another northwest function.

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Albert, Thanks for putting up in your home.... Also thanks to you girlfriend.

Tazz, this Upsolute chip is wonderfulllllllllllllll. I love it, on the freeway home it drove so good. Thanks for the help and you time. I hope we can meet sometime again. It was a plessure to meet you.

I want to thank everybody that I met in Richmond and hope to see y'all again sometime soon.

godlike242

Veteran Member
Thanks to Albert, and to Tazz, and the dutchman.. All you guys made today totally kick ass.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with my car as well.

It was nice to meet people, and put faces to names.

newfrijo

Veteran Member
TDI
Yellow '98 NB
It was nice meeting everyone today...just sorry that I couldn't get there earlier to check out everyone's ride.

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: newfrijo ]

Heinz57

Veteran Member
Getting alot more smoke under power seems to be normal under heavy accelerations especially the first few weeks after getting a chip untill the ECU learns your driving style.

MacGuy

Bill, glad you change your mind and UPsoluted your NB. Enjoy! Don't worry about smoke, it's diesel anyway (just kidding).

Golf Y2K GLS, Black, 5 speed'
UPsolute, PCV, PiperCross

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
Sorry I couldn't be there. I wish the timing had been right for me to be at the party with you guys. Someday...

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Dana, I forgot my camera..sorry. I know TAZZ took pics, he might put them on here. I was great.
We need to get together soon so you can drive mine. I know now how to remove the ECU easy.... (approx. 5 min.)
Well, call me and we will get together.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Hey guys! Unfortunately, I didn't get to the GTG -- apparently I called *seconds* after Tazz left Albert's!

But that's not to say I didn't get chipped...
I stopped by Tazz's motel and he hooked me up -- but he didn't believe that I was from Prince George (8 hours away) until he saw my cheque. :)#

And I am Upsolutely satisified (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) with the added performance... I smoked a Cavalier Z24 (stock #'s: 2.4 Liter Twin Cam with 150 hp at 5600 rpm and 155 lb.-ft. of torque at 4400 rpm) up the local race-hill last night... by three car lengths!

Niiiiiice!
:)#

Pace

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi & 2006 Jetta Tdi
Thanks Tazz, the chip works GREAT. Thanks Albert for your use of your house. This Friday I and a friend are going to clean out the ERG and intake, I know that there is a lot of junk in there. My CEL is back on after Tazz reset it on Wedesday. I look forward to the next GTG in this area.