Got the money, haven't turn in the car yet

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
So what you think about this :D Incompetence ?? Maybe

Tried to to turn in my TDi 12-7, but the systems were down, they could not produce a receipt. Took my car, title and the docs back home, 12-8 I received an e-mail from Chase to get the money, 12-9 money in my account :)

I called after the cluster**** on 12-7 and complained, the are suppose to call me by end of the day tomorrow. (I was told, I will receive a call within the next 3 business days)

So, tomorrow when (if) I get the call, I will ask them to come and get it. If I do not get the call, I will call them and see if they want me to bring it in before my 2nd turn in date 12-27.

If I was a dishonest person, I would be quiet, more than likely VW just wonders, *** happened to this car :eek: 475K cars, couple will just disappear.

Think before you start telling me that I have done something wrong - THINK!

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Lol, fun position to be in.

Ok, devil's advocate (because I know you're going to do right).

Accepting the EFT would imply you're accepting the terms of the agreement, so even though you haven't signed VW's official magic tablet gizmo, any judge would say you're in possession of property that is no longer yours.

Question for you though, you have the title or does a bank? Because I'm sure if it's the bank, VW's already sent them the check in exchange for the pink slip.

So you think there's more money in parting this car out, or selling it for cash on Craigslist?

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Lol, fun position to be in.

Ok, devil's advocate (because I know you're going to do right).

Accepting the EFT would imply you're accepting the terms of the agreement, so even though you haven't signed VW's official magic tablet gizmo, any judge would say you're in possession of property that is no longer yours.

Question for you though, you have the title or does a bank? Because I'm sure if it's the bank, VW's already sent them the check in exchange for the pink slip.

So you think there's more money in parting this car out, or selling it for cash on Craigslist?
I have the title, VW can have the car of course, but they will have to come and get it (already cancelled my insurance on it) I think the next available time I have is 12-12-16 at 17:00 ;)

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
One time, years ago, there was suddenly 20 something thousand dollars in my account that I knew only had a few hundred bucks in it. As tempting as it was, I knew that they would be looking for it. As I thought, it was gone like the wind a few days later. When the bean counters tabulate the totals in the end, they will know that it is missing. Also, in AZ anyway, it is illegal to insure a car that you don't own, so that is something else to consider. Otherwise, this is the best thread yet :D...Mark Edit: just missed your no insurance post...

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Correct, not my car anymore. My boss at work is from Colombia, he said "In Colombia, you would now have car and the money, but since you are a Finn, you will only have the money"

Last edited:

fucanay

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
That's great, congrats. I think you should schedule the return for February. "Hmm, let me check my calendar"!

builtospill

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Haha that is crazy! They for sure should be the ones arranging to have your car picked up since its not insured and probably not registered anymore, no? Gives you more time to part the car out more if your inclined to do so!

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
When they call because they realized what they did and ask when you can bring it in. Tell them 10 business days, VW business days.

tjsadler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6m
This is the most awesome thing ever ??? Well done VW! I would LOVE to be in on the conversation when they call after realizing this!

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
When they call because they realized what they did and ask when you can bring it in. Tell them 10 business days, VW business days.
And then say you'll will need an independent auditor confirm the arrangements (+10 business days)

And then allow them 1 day a week that they can schedule for a pick up, but make sure you block off most of the early days ... you are a busy man.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
And then say you'll will need an independent auditor confirm the arrangements (+10 business days)
And then allow them 1 day a week that they can schedule for a pick up, but make sure you block off most of the early days ... you are a busy man.
Don't forget the notary and then he can reject the complete request as incomplete...Mark

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
I wonder how many TDIs will get "lost" during transport. I'm sure one of the drivers of those car transporters will boost those cars ala Fast n furious style.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Take your phone off the hook and give them a busy signal. Payback.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG

Tried to to turn in my TDi 12-7, but the systems were down, they could not produce a receipt. Took my car, title and the docs back home, 12-8 I received an e-mail from Chase to get the money, 12-9 money in my account :)

I called after the cluster**** on 12-7 and complained, the are suppose to call me by end of the day tomorrow. (I was told, I will receive a call within the next 3 business days)

So, tomorrow when (if) I get the call, I will ask them to come and get it. If I do not get the call, I will call them and see if they want me to bring it in before my 2nd turn in date 12-27.

If I was a dishonest person, I would be quiet, more than likely VW just wonders, *** happened to this car :eek: 475K cars, couple will just disappear.

I'm thinking that you're going to have to charge VW for storing their car on your property. How much do you think you should charge them per day? :D

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
VW is so screwed up, I'll bet they don't find the error for weeks.
Agreed. In their records, they got a car, and they paid for it. To find this error, they will need to make an accounting of where their buyback cars are, and their disposition. This car will be unfindable, as they do not have it.

It will then be up to them to find out where it is. It may not be so obvious that they don't know its location or disposition because they never got it in the first place.

We don't know, once they take possession of a car, what controls they have to continue to track its location by VIN.

While this is amusing, this is not a situation you should just forget. You have some responsibility now to take car of the car until they retrieve it. I would try to let them know you still have the car, and want them to take it. If you get nowhere, act through one of the class counsels.

Last edited:

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk

So you took the car home because they couldn't produce a receipt, but then you filled in the banking info and set up an EFT anyway? Just because you could? Is that essentially what happened, or am I missing something??

You don't see anything wrong with that? You don't think you should have called them and arranged to bring the car in ASAP prior to filling out that email or in conjunction with it (Or never have left with the car in the first place)? Or did you just want to make a snarky post in this forum to bash VW further? Am I off base? (Once again, maybe I am missing something to the story -- hope I am..) What if (God forbid) you totaled it on the way in or the engine seized up? Then what?

People keep harping on this being a cluster-f, a disaster, a _____. I work in IT and I can't even imagine what has gone into the logistics, scope, and potential issues that arise on the fly for an undertaking of this magnitude. And this is an automobile company, in case you forgot. The US Federal Govt couldn't sign people up for health care for weeks. Bill Gates' new OS iterations have crashed many times while being unveiled, as have Apples'. How smoothly this has gone thus far, for MOST, is a minor miracle. (And yes, I realize many have been frustrated with turnaround times and multiple or inconsistent emails.)

Sorry OP et al, I'm not really scolding you here, just taken back by the lack of understanding, gratitude, and patience in general. :(

Last edited:

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Use call-forwarding and forward their calls to the VW hotline. I'm sure they'd be helpful!

I assume you were never sent a receipt and never signed over the title, so technically the car is still yours. I'd keep insurance on it, because it'd really suck if something happened to it now and VW wants their money back...

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
You really should straighten this out ASAP. By filling out the Chase Payments form, filling in your account number, etc and pressing the button for payment, while you still have the car, some might consider this theft by false pretenses.

I am not saying it is theft......but in today's legal environment with some gung ho prosecutors, you don't want to put yourself in that position.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
You really should straighten this out ASAP. By filling out the Chase Payments form, filling in your account number, etc and pressing the button for payment, while you still have the car, some might consider this theft by false pretenses.
I am not saying it is theft......but in today's legal environment with some gung ho prosecutors, you don't want to put yourself in that position.

you just did

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

proof vw is loco X 10

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Use call-forwarding and forward their calls to the VW hotline. I'm sure they'd be helpful!

I assume you were never sent a receipt and never signed over the title, so technically the car is still yours. I'd keep insurance on it, because it'd really suck if something happened to it now and VW wants their money back...
Personally, I would not drive it, nor would I pay insurance.

I would just contact them, and say come get it ~~ ASAP

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
The law is never totally black or white......only varying shades of gray.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
No he didn't. He said "some people might consider this theft by false pretenses." Don't cherry pick parts of sentences and repeat them out of context.
Especially while copying & pasting said context and failing to highlight it.. LOL

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI

Not getting into the use of the word "theft" here -- k1xv makes a really good point. The salient issue is that the OP pressed the button for payment, knowing he still had the car. Even though VW screwed up in the first place (and the second place, and the third place), technically the transaction was not in order and the OP pressed the button (initiated) for payment, without a complete transaction. Not trying to be an a**hole here, but the OP should get this straightened out ASAP before some REAL a**hole lawyer or adjuster employed by VW makes a mountain out of a molehill. Hopefully they'll handle this professionally and quickly. Just because there is a "bug" in the system, doesn't mean they won't want to get their money back, and start this whole process over again, sending the OP back to square one. Better to get ahead of it instead of behind the 8-ball. My respectful two bits only.