Got my Malone Stage 3 done!

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Just don't take pictures that show your VIN or license plate, otherwise KERMA might get upset.
Contraire, I'll be the one laughing and saying "I told you so" :rolleyes:

jsf350

TDI
13 jetta tdi
whats mpg?
im banging out 46+ on winter fuel and 20-30* temps and snow tires... and i dont drive easy

stg 2 with cr 170 turbo

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
If the state technicians know what the "upgraded" parts look like, someone may need to start producing "stealth" parts again...
Glad our inspection stations' attitudes are "We frankly don't give a $#!t.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
whats mpg?
im banging out 46+ on winter fuel and 20-30* temps and snow tires... and i dont drive easy

stg 2 with cr 170 turbo
Lucky you - my average is 36-40 overall now. Then again, I'm also at Stage 3.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
This a thread about Malone stage 3 tunes for cr tdi. If you don't like that- don't post here.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Contraire, I'll be the one laughing and saying "I told you so" :rolleyes:
So now we're holding the tuners responsible really ??? What about personal accountability huh ?
Tuners, no. But Kerma seems to have a real smart@ss attitude. I'm amazed he even sells tunes and then spits in the faces of those who have a tune.

So what you're saying, is that those who use drugs should be held accountable, but not drug dealers, right?

This a thread about Malone stage 3 tunes for cr tdi. If you don't like that- don't post here.
+100. It couldn't be better said.

Last edited:

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
On another note - is 0-60 an accurate measure compared to quarter miles? Used the stopwatch feature in PolarFIS a month or so ago. Got 0-60 in S mode in 7.9, and manually shifting, 8.5. I forgot if that was before or after I upgraded to the 3.5.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'd say no. Wheels are harder to turn in higher gear...

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
On another note - is 0-60 an accurate measure compared to quarter miles? Used the stopwatch feature in PolarFIS a month or so ago. Got 0-60 in S mode in 7.9, and manually shifting, 8.5. I forgot if that was before or after I upgraded to the 3.5.
I was wondering if you still have your car and how it (namely the tranny) I holding up after all these years and I'm sure, often spirited drives. I have a buddy with and off-road TDI (Buzzken + Malone stage 2 and DSG tune) that is thinking about doing one of the Hybrid CR140 from XMan, CP3 and Malone stage 3 (upgrade from stage 2).

I wanted to make sure he's not asking for trouble with the DSG and stage 3 as I thought it was better suited for higher torque and tunes.

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
The car was bought back by VW in 2017. I had about 70k of punishing miles on it. I had the DSG flash done early on. I had no major issues with the DSG or anything else. Just curious why you wouldn't run a cr170 or hybrid cr170? I would definitely put in a S3 IC. If not you might have trouble with your EGR's. GL

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
The car was bought back by VW in 2017. I had about 70k of punishing miles on it. I had the DSG flash done early on. I had no major issues with the DSG or anything else. Just curious why you wouldn't run a cr170 or hybrid cr170? I would definitely put in a S3 IC. If not you might have trouble with your EGR's. GL
Thanks for the response! Going this route https://www.xmanturbos.com/product-page/2-0tdi-cr140-cjaa-cbea-cbab-bv43-52mm-billet-wheel-hybrid as it's said to bring in boost earlier and better than the CR170 and give a bit wider power band. I will mention the IC to him and will ask about EGT max ranges to keep eyes one. I don't think he has anything to monitor but I will recommend at min, a Scangauge II.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I was wondering if you still have your car and how it (namely the tranny) I holding up after all these years and I'm sure, often spirited drives. I have a buddy with and off-road TDI (Buzzken + Malone stage 2 and DSG tune) that is thinking about doing one of the Hybrid CR140 from XMan, CP3 and Malone stage 3 (upgrade from stage 2).

I wanted to make sure he's not asking for trouble with the DSG and stage 3 as I thought it was better suited for higher torque and tunes.
I sold my 2010 in January. Only problems I had were that the DSG sometimes had problems going into reverse. Usually turning the car off and back on again would fix it, and I'd get a code in VCDS mentioning the transmission mechatronics.

Mine also had a CP3, S3 intercooler, and the CR170. Actually, that's what my 2013 has on it (moved over from the 2010), but that's different, since I just had to put on a beefier dual mass flywheel/clutch that I got from darkside.

Keep in mind that I sold the car with just barely under 251K, and also did a lot of heavy towing with the same car (heavy towing being 2-3K, with the highest at 4800 to bring home a pallet of cement, when the truck took a $#it).