Got an offer email

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
All I will say to those frustrated with waiting is once you get your offer, MAKE SURE YOU COMBINE PAGES 4 THROUGH 7 IN ONE FILE OR ZIPPED FILE. (If you plan to upload)
Thanks for helping us out. So you don't upload all seven pages that you downloaded with signatures added? You just upload the pages starting at page 4-7?
The directions say:
You must send both this letter and the enclosed notarized release before your acceptance is considered complete.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I only have 20 months left on my current registration. Posts like this are making me quite concerned.
Lucky you. Mine is up in December, and I have inspection that needs to be done this month some time.

Maybe I get lucky and I get the deal done in the 1st week of buybacks, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. I suppose next weekend I will have to take the car off to the inspection station and throw some money at it.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Thanks for helping us out. So you don't upload all seven pages that you downloaded with signatures added? You just upload the pages starting at page 4-7?
The directions say:

Quote:
You must send both this letter and the enclosed notarized release before your acceptance is considered complete.
You know, that's a good question. I was told 4-7 by a CSR, but it's probably best to send ALL PAGES, just to be safe.

I'll add those to mine as I am waiting to redo the upload. Thanks! :cool:

sabbotage

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
I submitted my documentation 9/18. Still under review. I called Volkswagen and for some reason they think I have four cars, same Vin number. So far I have received three of the same One sheet mailing that they sent out. They told me they were processing in order of receiving, but that does not appear to be the case. My new car is going to be arriving in the next three weeks, so hopefully this one is gone.
I got 2 of that same mailing myself but my stuff was accepted in the middle of last week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CK_TDI

TDI
11 Golf
All I will say to those frustrated with waiting is once you get your offer, MAKE SURE YOU COMBINE PAGES 4 THROUGH 7 IN ONE FILE OR ZIPPED FILE. (If you plan to upload)
thanks for the heads up... sorry you've to experience this...

fredb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003/golf gl blue tdi auto
i got 2 mailings as well. I for one am not spending this money before i get it.
They can and most likly will drag this out as long as possible.
Yes i have plans for some of it..But won't act on these until funds are
in my account. I abougt a new car over a year ago ..The jetta is sitting.waiting patiently.. :)

according to the portal this is where i am at.

We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.
I thought my vin determined my eligibility?? not sure when 10 business days started either??

I am just going to sit back and relax let them do their thing...just reading this thread gets me anxious ...some of you need a chill pill.. :)

Last edited:

Fizzyone

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
A notary is simply supposed to witness you signing the docs and attest to that, not review or offer advice as to the content. You had a nosy busybody do yours.
Sounds to me as if this notary was giving legal advice. Unless she's a licensed attorney in CA, that's a big no-no.

luftwaffles

TDI
Sold
Do you mean USAF?

Navy pilots told me that Air Force pilots didn't even fly in inclement weather let alone on holidays.
Yes.

I couldn't tell you how the officers live. Everyone knows it's the enlisted folk who do all the work anyway.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Wouldn't it be better faxing back all the pages? Just in case some of us don't upload them correctly.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Sounds to me as if this notary was giving legal advice. Unless she's a licensed attorney in CA, that's a big no-no.
Again, depending on what she was looking for as she looked through the document, probably not. She should be making sure that there are no blank spaces in the document--any blanks need to be filled in before notarizing. And California law (specifically, Civil Code sec. 1189) has specific requirements for the text of the acknowledgement. If the notice and box are missing, it's the notary's job to use an acknowledgement in the proper form, which is what was done here.

SirSipsAbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDi
I received my "documents accepted" email on Saturday. Now it's the "10" day wait. I'm thinking day 1 is today. I'm in no hurry cuz my new car is awesome!

XJTdi

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I am sorry for my poor choice of the word "review" in my OP on a forum full of attorneys and legal scholars.:p

What the notary did was exactly as DanB stated. She looked it over for blank spaces and determined that she could not use the page that states she "personally knew me" No legal advice was offered or given. Besides I didn't mind because she was an attractive young lady, just busting out with enthusiasm if you know what I mean.;)

I uploaded everything so there was nothing left to chance. My only goal in my original post was to share the notary experience so that the other approximately 75k Californians might know what to expect.

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
I only have 20 months left on my current registration. Posts like this are making me quite concerned.
I am in no hurry to sell back, I figure I will let the backlog abate a bit. Even if I wind up putting tires on my car, i will still come out okay as the buy back offer is generous in my case.

They can buy my Jetta back in April for all I care.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
2 more days for those accepted on or prior to 10/25.
I'm curious if they meet the deadline.

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
I was hoping people would be chiming in with new offer letters this morning!!! Hopefully they start getting them out to more people today.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
2 more days for those accepted on or prior to 10/25.
I'm curious if they meet the deadline.
I should have mine by the end of the today as mine were accepted on10/21. Not holding my breath but today is the 10th business day since I got the email that my docs were accepted.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
I should have mine by the end of the today as mine were accepted on10/21. Not holding my breath but today is the 10th business day since I got the email that my docs were accepted.
Mine were accepted 10/18. I'm guessing the clock started 10/25.

cnytdiguy

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I uploaded my docs about a month ago. Purchased in 2010, loan paid off in June of this year. I have the lien release document from VW but my title still says there is a lien. I thought I would be smart and upload all 3 documents in the 'Front Of Title' section as one document. That document was rejected because it was more than one page. Called in and told to upload the front of the title even though it says there is a lien when there is none. Just got an email that says there is a problem because there is a lien on the title when I indicated in the questionnaire that there is none.

How stupid is VW? This is maddening. Now I have to call back in so they can tell me to do what I did the first time.

Last edited:

Nughuffer

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI; 93 W250 12V CTD
I submitted 9/19. Still under review. I have also received 2 of the same 1 page options docs in the mail. I guess I should call and see what they're up too.

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
according to the google spreadsheet, no passats or beetles have been verified.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
So, after you receive your offer and you sign/upload your docs, how long is the next wait supposed to be? And then when will the actual money change hands?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The money doesn't actually change hands until you turn in the car, or (if you choose EFT) within a few days afterward. I don't think anyone's heard back that their returned offer letter has been accepted to schedule a buyback appointment yet. The settlement doesn't specify a timeline for that, but it seems it should be very quick.

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
My 2009 was accepted on 10/20 and still no email. My 2013 was 10/21.

finny_amour

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
2012 JSW here. Documents accepted on 10/19 and I still have not received my buyback offer. When I called last week, they told me it could be between 10-30 days.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
My 2009 was accepted on 10/20 and still no email. My 2013 was 10/21.

My best guess would be there is no rhyme or reason to their madness haha. I really wish they were more transparent about this whole process.

Last edited:

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I was hoping people would be chiming in with new offer letters this morning!!! Hopefully they start getting them out to more people today.
It is possible that there will not be any at all today. I suspect that the 3rd party that reviews these things has to ship the offer letters back (probably FedEx or some equivalent), so the offer letters that came on Saturday were reviewed on Friday. So if no new docs were reviewed on Saturday or Sunday, then there will be no offer letters sent out today.

I would love to be proved wrong, but that's my hunch right now.

Now the 1st phase of review is a different matter. Those seem to have been taking place on a Monday-Friday schedule, and there does not seem to have been a one-day lag there. I know that some of the folks who uploaded in Sept are getting antsy - hopefully they can knock off a bunch more of those today.

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
2012 JSW here. Documents accepted on 10/19 and I still have not received my buyback offer. When I called last week, they told me it could be between 10-30 days.
Yeah, while on hold they said it could take up to 4 weeks..

I am betting those who have loans will be towards the later part of that range.