GoodGuys Biodiesel Santa Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I don't know the details of how much light is needed for a given surface area of plants, but high pressure sodium lights are incredibly efficient for a given power rating, I thought.

And, with appropriate reflector design for the intended lit area, I'd think that that much light would be plenty for a relatively small area for growing hydroponic plants.

All of that said, it looks to me like you're advertising your business, without vendor registration. Might want to take care of that...

krystlelite81

TDIGUY Associate Vendor
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
I just wanted to jump back in and say that I too am really disappointed that after 2 years and me stating to the media and to you all on here back in 2011 that we, Shaz and myself, had nothing to do with the "grow bust" in Santa Cruz, yet people are still bad mouthing us and claiming we had something to do with this. We ran then, and again run now, a legit and reputable business. We may have had a few unhappy customers (which every and all businesses have) but we have had hundreds probably even thousands, of happy and satisfied customers and vendors. Thank you VOVA for the props!
Thanks! Krystle

nb2000

TDI
NB
yup and ???? 250w is not enough light for a grow light for what your thinking it was used for ...
I lack the experience to know that it is "not enough light"...and it was being sold, perhaps for this very reason? :D

krystlelite81

TDIGUY Associate Vendor
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
We never did mechanics under "Happy Planet Co-op" hence the "co-op" part. We are Alternative Solutions now, for those who are interested and would like to contact us regarding your TDI, and for everyone else, I would appreciate it if you all could find something else to gossip and talk trash about, especially those of you who do not actually know us.
Thank you,
Krystle

One of the multiple DBA names:

http://www.clerkrecordersearch.org/

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
We are Alternative Solutions now, for those who are interested and would like to contact us regarding your TDI, and for everyone else, I would appreciate it if you all could find something else to gossip and talk trash about, especially those of you who do not actually know us.
Thank you,
Krystle
I'm obviously part of the "everyone else"....in spite of not knowing you and only being a Californian for a couple months. I find it odd that you personally haven't posted a thing since November of 2011 until a few days ago. And then and only then you came out in defense of your company...which I respect. However, when folks are finding inconsistencies in what was done/said regarding the unfortunate circumstance in Santa Cruz....I too am wary.

Putting all that aside, if you'd like a chance to "make good" with some of the TDI club members who have had a less than satisfactory opinion or first impression of you/Shaz/Good Guys Biodiesel, I'd really push for you showing up at a GTG and seeing how things go. The next one is at some point in September in San Pablo. I've personally found that taking a deep breath and making an honest go at a second impression is the best way to repair a broken business relationship and/or friendship. I've never met you, nor would I know you if I ran into you. I'm a forgiving Midwest transplant.

If you want to stay only on the forum and badmouth us for simply stating things we've found on Craigslist, then so be it. Just don't expect us to jump at having you do work on our cars.

And at Happy Planet co-op what exactly did you do if it wasn't the mechanic stuff? Color me curious. :D

Last edited:

krystlelite81

TDIGUY Associate Vendor
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
Nothing has been said since 2011 because I stated then that we had nothing to do with what happened with us, so I didn't think I needed to further defend us, and until just now we were unaware that people were still blaming/bad mouthing us for something we did not do. In addition, I teach full time and do people really think I would be able to do so if anything that we were accused of were true?????

We absolutely plan on being at the next TDI meet up, and are looking forward to it. We have been to one in the past and had a great time!
Thanks, Krystle

I'm obviously part of the "everyone else"....in spite of not knowing you and only being a Californian for a couple months. I find it odd that you personally haven't posted a thing since November of 2011 until a few days ago. And then and only then you came out in defense of your company...which I respect. However, when folks are finding inconsistencies in what was done/said regarding the unfortunate circumstance in Santa Cruz....I too am wary.

Putting all that aside, if you'd like a chance to "make good" with some of the TDI club members who have had a less than satisfactory opinion or first impression of you/Shaz/Good Guys Biodiesel, I'd really push for you showing up at a GTG and seeing how things go. The next one is at some point in September in San Pablo. I've personally found that taking a deep breath and making an honest go at a second impression is the best way to repair a broken business relationship and/or friendship. I've never met you, nor would I know you if I ran into you. I'm a forgiving Midwest transplant.

If you want to stay only on the forum and badmouth us for simply stating things we've found on Craigslist, then so be it. Just don't expect us to jump at having you do work on our cars.

And at Happy Planet co-op what exactly did you do if it wasn't the mechanic stuff? Color me curious. :D

deegingerkid

TDI
Nothing has been said since 2011 because I stated then that we had nothing to do with what happened with us, so I didn't think I needed to further defend us, and until just now we were unaware that people were still blaming/bad mouthing us for something we did not do. In addition, I teach full time and do people really think I would be able to do so if anything that we were accused of were true?????

We absolutely plan on being at the next TDI meet up, and are looking forward to it. We have been to one in the past and had a great time!
Thanks, Krystle

Gee, don't get all defensive. I guess I meant why haven't you participated in the TDI club forums at all since 2011? We are a community and sometimes in order to support someone who may not have the best reputation; it's prudent to put yourself out there as a human, not simply a defense shield.

Chill girl, chill.

I do look forward to seeing you at the next GTG. :) Keep an eye on the thread in the West Coast forum for the dates.

I am really curious as to what you guys did for the co-op if it wasn't mechanics stuff...I like co-ops and enjoy supporting them. :D

nb2000

TDI
NB
One of the multiple DBA names:

Business Name(s):
ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS OF CAMPBELL
GOOD GUY'S BIODIESAL
HAPPY PLANET CO-OP

We never did mechanics under "Happy Planet Co-op" hence the "co-op" part. We are Alternative Solutions now, for those who are interested and would like to contact us regarding your TDI, and for everyone else, I would appreciate it if you all could find something else to gossip and talk trash about, especially those of you who do not actually know us.
Thank you,
Krystle

So which name are you licensed under?

http://www.bar.ca.gov/01_ConsumerAc...gaRepairShop/02b_WhatQuestionsShouldIAsk.html

Click on link after:
"How can I check to find out if the shop is licensed before I go in? You can check the station's license by visiting BAR's"

I can locate the old one

"Licensee Name: GOOD GUYS BIODIESEL
License Type: Automobile Repair Dealer
License Number: 258498
License Status: Delinquent Definition
Expiration Date: June 30, 2012
Address: 1191 WATER STREET
City: SANTA CRUZ
State: CA
Zip: 95062
County: SANTA CRUZ
Actions: No
Green Station: N
"

Interestingly the DBAs listed above were registered on 07/ 06/ 2012 according to the records including the "GOOD GUY'S BIODIESAL" in Santa Clara County (which is not the county Santa Cruz is in). Is the "BIODIESAL" spelling on purpose...?

Last edited:

krystlelite81

TDIGUY Associate Vendor
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
Interestingly the DBAs listed above were registered on 07/ 06/ 2012 according to the records including the "GOOD GUY'S BIODIESAL" in Santa Clara County (which is not the county Santa Cruz is in). Is the "BIODIESAL" spelling on purpose...?
I'm not sure what this name is above. Once we closed shop in Santa Cruz we closed out Good Guys Diesel & BioMechanics, LLC with the state and we never registered or opened again in that name, or any version of that name, anywhere.

I disappeared from the boards because I've been teaching full time and Shaz has been starting everything over (like he stated in an earlier post), but now we will be keeping in touch more.
:)

deegingerkid

TDI
Please tell me about the Co-op. I'm really honestly curious. :confused:

Does it still exist?, etc.

nb2000

TDI
NB
I'm not sure what this name is above. Once we closed shop in Santa Cruz we closed out Good Guys Diesel & BioMechanics, LLC with the state and we never registered or opened again in that name, or any version of that name, anywhere.

I disappeared from the boards because I've been teaching full time and Shaz has been starting everything over (like he stated in an earlier post), but now we will be keeping in touch more.
It is the three active Doing Business As names you have registered less than a year ago with Santa Clara county! I am saying "you" as you seem to be speaking for the company?

Well if you go to:

Click on:
Fictitious Business Names

Type in Shaz' last name in the Owner Name you will find:

----------------------------------------
Certificate Number: 479381
Filing Date: 06/ 12/ 2006
Filing Type: F Fictitious Business Name
Expiration Date: 06/ 12/ 2011

Business Name(s):
BELOW BLUE

Certificate Number: 491071
Filing Date: 03/ 12/ 2007
Expiration Date: 03/ 12/ 2012

Business Name(s):
BELOW BLUE

Certificate Number: 566997
Filing Date: 07/ 06/ 2012
Expiration Date: 07/ 06/ 2017

Business Name(s):
GOOD GUY'S BIODIESAL
HAPPY PLANET CO-OP

I would expect You to know what business names you have registered with the county....? ;)

krystlelite81

TDIGUY Associate Vendor
TDI
2000 Beetle TDI
What I was saying was we NEVER registered or did business as "Good Guy's Biodiesal" anywhere. Its never been a real or fictious business name. We closed Good Guys Biodiesel in Santa Cruz and never reused the name. The internet claimed Good Guys was still open at our residence in Santa Clara county but it was just our residence, never a business. So like I said before, I don't know why that name is showing up.

It is the three active Doing Business As names you have registered less than a year ago with Santa Clara county! I am saying "you" as you seem to be speaking for the company?

Well if you go to:

Click on:
Fictitious Business Names

Type in Shaz' last name in the Owner Name you will find:

Certificate Number: 479381
Filing Date: 06/ 12/ 2006
Expiration Date: 06/ 12/ 2011

Business Name(s):
BELOW BLUE

Certificate Number: 491071
Filing Date: 03/ 12/ 2007
Expiration Date: 03/ 12/ 2012

Business Name(s):
BELOW BLUE

Certificate Number: 566997
Filing Date: 07/ 06/ 2012
Expiration Date: 07/ 06/ 2017

Business Name(s):
GOOD GUY'S BIODIESAL
HAPPY PLANET CO-OP

I would expect You to know what business names you have registered with the county....? ;)

nb2000

TDI
NB
What I was saying was we NEVER registered or did business as "Good Guy's Biodiesal" anywhere. Its never been a real or fictious business name. We closed Good Guys Biodiesel in Santa Cruz and never reused the name. The internet claimed Good Guys was still open at our residence in Santa Clara county but it was just our residence, never a business. So like I said before, I don't know why that name is showing up.

That's an interesting statement...cause:

:rolleyes:

nb2000

TDI
NB
Wow! Um we did business under that name for years. Some vendors still use that name for us....
What part is "Wow!"?

You "did"? Is buying not part of "doing business"? So if you actively buy under that name, then you are still doing business under that name, or am I missing something?

Once again though what name is your California Bureau of Automotive Repair (aka BAR) license under? Since you had one before surely you are familiar with it?

http://www.bar.ca.gov/01_ConsumerAc...gaRepairShop/02b_WhatQuestionsShouldIAsk.html

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Out of curiosity, I checked with the Bureau of Automotive Repair as to whether or not "ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS OF CAMPBELL" was licensed to do business in the State of California. According to their web site, it is not.

Krystle, could you please give us the license number under which you are doing business? Thank you.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
As of 4 Feb 2014, there are 207 authorized automotive repair shops in Campbell, California according to the Bureau of Automotive Repair. None of them are listed as either "Alternative Solutions of Campbell" or with an address of 655 McGlincy Lane

nb2000

TDI
NB
As of 4 Feb 2014, there are 207 authorized automotive repair shops in Campbell, California according to the Bureau of Automotive Repair. None of them are listed as either "Alternative Solutions of Campbell" or with an address of 655 McGlincy Lane
No surprise there :)

If you dig here:
http://www.bar.ca.gov/enforcement/index.html

You can find this info:

"California law requires auto repair shops to be registered with DCA/BAR.
Licensure helps protect California consumers by ensuring a fair and competitive automotive repair marketplace and gives consumers a means to seek redress if they have problems with a licensee"

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So perhaps a Santa Clara county resident ought to drop a dime on them with BAR?

nb2000

TDI
NB
So perhaps a Santa Clara county resident ought to drop a dime on them with BAR?
Well the BAR is a state level thing, they might or might not have what they need on city and county level.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Violations of BAR are not enforced by local jurisdictions, AFAIK. If someone could get a photo of any BAR license (required to be posted prominently) there, then that number could be searched. Do you live down that way?

nb2000

TDI
NB
Violations of BAR are not enforced by local jurisdictions, AFAIK.
Correct it's a state thing, what I was saying is they might or might not have the other req license, like resale and city level business lic etc.

If someone could get a photo of any BAR license (required to be posted prominently) there, then that number could be searched.
Yeah I know but I have a feeling most people that are forum members "know better" by now than to visit there :)

Do you live down that way?
I don't have any plans to visit this illegally operated business :)

nb2000

TDI
NB

"Alternative Solutions of Campbell
Hey all wanted to invite everyone to a little TDi BBQ and Show we are having on Saturday Feb 22 From 12 noon till ??? There will be music and free food for everyone. There will be no work performed at this meet up. The purpose of this meet is for other TDI member in the area to meet other TDI members and show off their rides!!! Plan is to meet around noon BBQ, hang, then go for a cruz up 17 to the summit to take pictures and then santa cruz. Hope to see everyone out there!!!
16 hours ago"

http://www.manta.com/c/mx42xwk/alternative-solutions-of-campbell

http://www.alternativesolutionsofcampbell.com/index.html

What is a "TDI member"? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.