GoodGuys Biodiesel Santa Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
Sounds innocent enough to me.

<sarcasm> They were grinding down the marijuana seeds to collect the oil to use in a new and secret biofuel. They were in the middle of documenting the exact and precise benefits to power and economy when the raid happened. </sarcasm>

nb2000

TDI
NB
Ads like this are popping up in local Craigslist again now...

Vw Tdi Mechanic and Diesel Mechanic
"Been working on Vw Tdi motors for the past 15 years ( alh , 1z, ahu, bew, brm, ect) .
Fully ASE Certified Master Mechanic L1
Fully understand Biodiesel and what is needed to run Biodiesel. (seals, Viton Hoses ... Ect...)
Also Work on mercedes (new and old ) 116 chassis 123 chassis ect ,
Dodge / Mercedes Sprinters ,
General service on Ford 7.3l , 6.0 , 6.4l ,
general service on Chevy duramax,
General service on Dodge 12v and 24v cummins
I know all the common problems and Service Procedures
Have Vag-Com Scanning equipment
TDI club of America Member
Owned a Diesel shop For 7years (Had to close too much overhead)
Have Lots of good used TDi Parts in stock.
Have lots of old Mercedes Used parts (116 and 123 chassis )
I do Timing belts with the correct lock out tools
Rebuild TDI Injection Pumps with Viton Seals
Grease Car certified Installer
Brakes
Suspension
Axels
Transfercases
Diagnose Problems
Transmission Service
Clutch
Fuel Filters
Only use Good quality german parts (boch, pentosin, Lube o moly ... ect)
Honest Mechanic I will advise you on whats necessary and what you can budget for in the future .

Give me a call with your service needs. Fair Prices With Plenty of References.
408--879--9062"
Interestingly that phone number and address (I referenced to on an earlier post) matches to this:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/alternative-solutions-of-campbell-campbell

Last edited:

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
Having lived in the area for 10 years nothing surprises me. Shaz did some work on my wagon in 2010, all is well, but maybe they needed some supplemental income to keep the business they worked so hard to run. Property is prices are insane there, everyone wants to live in S.C. and work in San Jose. I will look for the article about the bust. Growers in the county do go to extremes to grow and keep their crops. I have stories but now I am in AK and glad to be away from that environment.

nb2000

TDI
NB
Found on Craigslist...

VW TDI Injection Pump Rebuilding - $500 (campbell)
VW TDI Injection Pump Rebuilding
Specializing in 1999-2004.5 vw tdi alh
Prices starting at $500+
Over 15+ years experience with these cars I can help diagnose and fix your car right the first time without dealership costs.
Vagcom certified
TDI club of america member
Call me with your problem and let me see if i can help you.

408-879-9062
Shaz

ChesterB

TDI
7 pre 1984 VW turbo diesel's
Shaz pops up again?

Wow, ol' Shaz has poped up again. Several years ago I noticed a new shop in town (Santa Cruz, Ca) called "Good Guys". They indicated they were "experts" on VW diesels. I had a 79 Rabbit that needed a head gasket, and as some of my favorite shops in town were trying to distance themselves from "older" diesels, I thought, what the heck, give them a try. Well, we came up with a verbal agreement of around $800 to clean the head up and slap on a new gasket. After a week or so, got a call to come pick up the car. The diesel was running, but seemed like "not that well". Went in the office with Shaz, who gave me the bill, which had increased up to $1600. I thought I was seeing things, and expressed my dismay. After an hour or so of "discussion", the bill was lowered to $1200. I paid, and left, vowing to never come back.
While driving the Rabbit to my stowage locker, it kept sounding worse and worse. I parked it inside, not wanting to look at it for a while. Fortunately, having not driven it too far, as, after a few months, when another more competent mechanic looked at it, he discovered the head gasket had been put on upside down, and the rocker arms were getting no oil. While confronting Shaz with this revelation, he said that my repair work had been done by the previous owner of the "Good Guys", and now it had a different owner, so I was out of luck.
Since then I had heard of the pot growing activities, Good Guys closing down, and couldn't help smiling, (-;
In December of last year, I spotted an ad in CraigsList telling how this new VW shop in Campbell, Ca. just loved working on VW diesels, turbo or not, and how they were there to help. Too Good to be true one might ask?
I went by to check them out, and, imagine my surprise, when, out stepped
Shaz to greet me. After an immediate U turn, I jumped into my car, and drove off, realizing, There is No Free Lunch.

Last edited:

slowcaddydan

TDI
1982 Caddy 1.9TD, 2003 Mk4 Golf ALH
this community and thread are now a business reference:

CL > SF bay area > south bay > all for sale / wanted > auto parts - by owner
6chbn-3555961286@sale.craigslist.org [?]
flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of VW TDI Injection Pump Rebuilding - $500 (campbell)

References:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=323733
http://www.yelp.com/biz/good-guys-diesel-and-bio-mechanics-santa-cruz?sort_by=rating_asc

VW TDI Injection Pump Rebuilding
Specializing in 1999-2004.5 vw tdi alh
Prices starting at $500+
Over 15+ years experience with these cars I can help diagnose and fix your car right the first time without dealership costs.
Vagcom certified
TDI club of america member
Call me with your problem and let me see if i can help you.

408-879-9062
Shaz
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3555961286
Posted: 2013-01-23, 10:59AM PST
email to a friend

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/3555961286.html

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL @ this thread being a reference... it's not a very good one!

By the way, HI SHAZ!! Got any goodies growing in the attic? Be sure to bring enough to share with the entire class. LOL ;)

Shaz, since you're obviously reading, why don't you post and let us know what's new? :D

roots17

TDI
98’ jetta mk3 ahu sold, 14’ Jetta sportwagen
HAHA!!! :rolleyes: Only saw this thread because it was linked as a reference for his Craigslist ad. Why would he do that very funny. Glad i read about his shady mechanic practices for a reference!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
HAHA!!! :rolleyes: Only saw this thread because it was linked as a reference for his Craigslist ad. Why would he do that very funny. Glad i read about his shady mechanic practices for a reference!
Incredible, isn't it? :D

vova

Veteran
TDI
2006 jetta tdi
He did some work on my 06' jetta. Had no issues with him or the work. Bummed he didn't offer me a dime bag :(
I would take my vw to him again...

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I jusr received a support email from Good Guys biodiesel asking to change their name to 'alternative solutions.'

'alternativesolutionsofcampbell@gmail.com' is the new email.

Caveat Emptor!

:rolleyes:

408TDIGUY

Vendor
TDI
99 beetle
Let clear some stuff up !!!

FIRST OFF This is shaz ... this is my screen name... I dont usually chime in on trash talkin nor do I talk bad about others.

LET ME FIRST OFF STATE FOR THE RECORD.... I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEMS IN SANTA CRUZ. My unit which was Unit A was seprate from unit B where The legal medical marijuana grow was happening. I was never arrested, I never did any jail time nor was I in trouble for this.

My Business was only associated in the paper with this because my unit was on the front of the building and the separation between unit A and Unit B was clearly not marked by the land Lord!

Yes i did close my business for about a year due to the fact that the city red tagged the full building due to the electrical code violations next door to my unit. After a month of no income and no idea when the red tag would be lifted I decided to close my business and reevaluate where i would like to have my business located. I did not want to be associated with the building that was involved with the marijuana nor the news headline.

I did not pack up and run ... Nor am i hiding from anyone. My info is on here and if any one has anything to talk to me about they are free to call me or contact me by e-mail.

As Far as my Businesss Practices. I Have had hundreds of satisfied customers and have tried to run my business with the upmost integrity. I have delt with lots of venders on tdi club and I have never had a complaint.

I still to this day work on TDIs. I love TDIs . I live and breath them... I may have a few dissatisfied customers which i am sorry for that but as a whole I have strived to do a great service for my tdi club customers and local customers.

My new companies name is Alternative Solutions and if you would like to contact me my info is below.

Shaz
408-879-9062
alternativesolutionsofcampbell@gmail.com

Krystle, what I don't understand is if it had nothing to do with you guys, how come you folded up shop so quickly and disappeared? Phone number disconnected, website down, store completely cleaned out. While I can understand and empathize about being falsely connected to something you were not actually part of, I don't understand why you would fold up shop and disappear.

Are you guys going to be going to the September GTG then? Are you going to open back up in Santa Cruz or somewhere else? Heck, is Shaz warranty on my second pump from him still good? How do I contact him if this one blows up on me....

408TDIGUY

Vendor
TDI
99 beetle
So did he beat the pot grow rap?
I had nothing to do with this (Grow Rap) Sorry if chester was a unsatisfied customer from nearly 5 years ago!!! Ive had hundredes of customers that can vouch for my work... Once again no need to bash me your opinion is yours but continueing to bash me is unneed.

Shaz
408-879-9062

408TDIGUY

Vendor
TDI
99 beetle
Thank you

He did some work on my 06' jetta. Had no issues with him or the work. Bummed he didn't offer me a dime bag :(
I would take my vw to him again...

Haha thanks Vova Nice to see some of my customers speak up !!! good looking out !

nb2000

TDI
NB
FIRST OFF This is shaz ... this is my screen name... I dont usually chime in on trash talkin nor do I talk bad about others.

LET ME FIRST OFF STATE FOR THE RECORD.... I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEMS IN SANTA CRUZ. My unit which was Unit A was seprate from unit B where The legal medical marijuana grow was happening. I was never arrested, I never did any jail time nor was I in trouble for this.

My new companies name is Alternative Solutions and if you would like to contact me my info is below.

Shaz
408-879-9062

Hmmmm

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD

LET ME FIRST OFF STATE FOR THE RECORD.... I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEMS IN SANTA CRUZ. My unit which was Unit A was seprate (separate) from unit B where The legal medical marijuana grow was happening. I was never arrested, I never did any jail time nor was I in trouble for this.

My Business was only associated in the paper with this because my unit was on the front of the building and the separation between unit A and Unit B was clearly not marked by the land Lord!

Yes i did close my business for about a year due to the fact that the city red tagged the full building due to the electrical code violations next door to my unit. After a month of no income and no idea when the red tag would be lifted I decided to close my business and reevaluate where i would like to have my business located. I did not want to be associated with the building that was involved with the marijuana nor the news headline.

I did not pack up and run ... Nor am i hiding from anyone. My info is on here and if any one has anything to talk to me about they are free to call me or contact me by e-mail.

As Far as my Businesss Practices. I Have had hundreds of satisfied customers and have tried to run my business with the upmost (utmost) integrity. I have delt (dealt) with lots of venders (vendors) on tdi club and I have never had a complaint.

I still to this day work on TDIs. I love TDIs . I live and breath(e) them... I may have a few dissatisfied customers which i am sorry for that but as a whole I have strived to do a great service for my tdi club customers and local customers.

My new companies (company's) name is Alternative Solutions and if you would like to contact me my info is below.

Shaz
408-879-9062
Shaz,
It would greatly help your business if you knew how to
1. use proper grammar
2. spell

I fixed the glaringly obvious mistakes for you. See the underlined text in the quoted post.

Just a friendly suggestion. :)

408TDIGUY

Vendor
TDI
99 beetle
Hey veedub if you have business with me call me or stop by my shop. I was just turned on to this post today.. Once again anyone who has an issue with me feel free to call me my phone number is right here.. I have not screwed anyone nor have done shady mechanic practices !!! Its crazy how a few people talk bad and all of a sudden someone is a shady mechanic. I am a good mechanic thats honest and trustworthy . Sorry if a few people armed with a key board have an issue with me.. Grow up!!

LOL @ this thread being a reference... it's not a very good one!

By the way, HI SHAZ!! Got any goodies growing in the attic? Be sure to bring enough to share with the entire class. LOL ;)

Shaz, since you're obviously reading, why don't you post and let us know what's new? :D

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
You missed a spot or two. ;) Ignoring the stretches of all caps (THIS IS SHOUTING), there's too many ellipses (something I'm often guilty of, too), commas or single periods could go where the ellipses are (but be careful of run-on sentences), and at the beginning, it should be, "First off, this is Shaz."

:D

chimaera

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Skoda Superb Combi CR170
yup and ???? 250w is not enough light for a grow light for what your thinking it was used for ... geez lol I also sold construction material and a nail gun ... does that make me a contractor???
I have to say, I find it curious that you're so knowledgeable about the power levels required for such an endeavour.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Just a friendly FYI, I was reminded gently by an administrator a couple years ago that I needed to register as a vendor if I wanted to sell my services on TDIClub.

I recommend you consider doing the same if you want to keep doing the same.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=214572

Status
Not open for further replies.