Goodbye, Katja. The death of my '03 Jetta TDI

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Well folks, after over seven years of tinkering and getting my baby to the point in which I wanted her, performance, aesthetically, etc, she was taken from me by a random log in the road. My insurance company deemed her a total loss and she is now headed somewhere. I got $3700 for the car, after deductible. This is but a fraction of a fraction of the worth to me...

I'm in the market again, but my longing for an AWD vehicle is going to win this one out. I will miss the wonderful fuel economy of my ALH... Hopefully one of the manufacturers will wise up and offer a manual transmission, AWD, diesel car. Until then, it's off to Quattro I go.

I really can't describe how saddened I am at the loss. I had well over 200k miles on Katja.

tjsean0308

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV wagon 5spd graphite blue
Was this a timber sized log? I would think you could have bought her back maybe rebuild or at least have some parts for her sister ALH. Sorry for your luck.

ksa63

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 "Technik" TDI
According to a VW rep that I met recently, NA will be getting the Sportwagon with Manual, 4-Motion and TDI within a year. Not sure if it will be considered a 2015 or 2016 though. ALSO, NA will be getting the TDI Tiguan a little after the Sportwagen. The rep said they could not keep putting it off, too much interest. Apparently there was an official announcement to VW dealers but I have not been able to find it online yet.

Sorry for your loss and too bad you can not wait till the new 4-motion VWs arrive.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Man, that REALLY sucks. Quattro-land is not a bad place to be, though.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Drive through Canada and those logging trucks coming at you in the fog are a scary thing....60 plus ft long going 70 mph (nah...they don't ignore the speed limit...) you actually hear them coming long before you see them. We decided to pull off the road until the fog cleared on the way to Montreal TDI Fest for fear of a sleepy or errant driver taking us out.