Goodbye golf DSG , Hello Passat 6M !!!!

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Just drove home in my brand new black on black 2013 passat se 6m !!!! So far I'm in love with the 6m Trans , really an amazing gearbox !!! While I will miss the agility of the golf the passat still handles pretty good ! Pics tomorrow !!!

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
What is amazing how much TDI Passat car you get compared to a new Golf these days. plus the fuel econ can be BETTER than the golf. I saw a TDI SEL with all the trinkets today. I think that is over the top and a little much in the price dept. IMHO at 33k list. Of course when I bought my Passat TDI in 2005 it listed at 28k, so I should talk. But I didn't pay that of course even new.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I had the same two cars, the 6m Passat got 20-25% better mpg's.....even better in some cases.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Gotta keep it that way :p ! One thing I noticed , I think my 2 door golf had more front leg room with the seat all the way back ! Am I crazy or is this real ?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
Washed, clayed and waxed ! Damn black looks good when its clean !

mnelsonx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE DSG
Gotta keep it that way :p ! One thing I noticed , I think my 2 door golf had more front leg room with the seat all the way back ! Am I crazy or is this real ?
I think you must be crazy...:p

While I can't compare it to the golf, at 6' 2" I have never had a car before where I could put the seat back farther than what was a comfortable driving position - I usually need just a bit more room. I knew this car was different when at the test drive I had to adjust the seat forward from the max position. The sale was made for me when I could also sit in the back behind the seat at max position without my knees bunching as my son is also over 6'. I had originally come to the dealer to look at a Jetta wagon - which is obviously no comparison for size/roominess.

The TDI was what sparked my interest in VW, but the excellent design and size of the Passat sealed the deal.