Goodbye and many thanks!

BudMan5

TDI
2009 Jetta
To the Admin of the TDIClub forum. I learned a great deal here over the past seven years and most especially since the scandal broke. The TDIClub forum has been professionally run and administered and I am very thankful that I found it "way back when".

My Jetta is gone, I've been paid so there is no reason to stick around. My very best to all of you, a very Merry Christmas to you and all of your families and best wished for a happy and prosperous New Year.

air1mtt

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI: took buyout, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI: took buyout
Merry Christmas and best wishes. I will be leaving the forum at some point as well. Probably late 2018. What a great resource this is. Thanks to the forum team.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
What a guy. Now that he is off the sinking ship and in his lifeboat, has no interest in looking over his shoulder at the plight of those left on the tilting deck.

Only kidding of course. My buy back was done back on Dec 3. But its interesting, at least for the time being, to continue to follow what is going on, and offer some experience advice to someone going through a tough spot. Though with things changing almost daily, my "experience advice" will probably be outdated soon.

In any event, godspeed. I myself no longer frequent several forums, as I no longer have those vehicles either, am learning nothing relevant, and have nothing relevant to contribute. But dieselgate is a happening, like watching a train wreck as it occurs.

kevin_in_idaho

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Sportwagen DSG Pano White
Same here. Just turned mine in. I'll stick around for a bit to see how other fare but it was easy as could be; no lien, etc. Took about 10 mins.
I have lots of stuff for sale now; floor mats, spare tire/etc, body mouldings, etc. Some new that I never used or put on.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
What a guy. Now that he is off the sinking ship and in his lifeboat, has no interest in looking over his shoulder at the plight of those left on the tilting deck.
Reminds me of an old army acronym: K-MAG-YOYO.

Kiss my a--, guys, you're on your own.